Kenrick Ellis Won't miss any Camp

flgreen

Jets' Ellis granted split jail sentence, won't miss any camp

Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on myspace Share on stumbleupon Share on digg Share on fark Share on reddit Share on email | More Sharing ServicesMore icon_print.gif Print

1:27 PM, June 15, 2012 ι By BRIAN COSTELLO

A Hampton, Va., court issued an order Friday splitting the jail sentence of Jets defensive tackle Kenrick Ellis, which will keep Ellis from missing any days of training camp, according to his attorney Tim Clancy.

Ellis goes to jail Friday at 6 p.m. and will be released July 9. He will then have to return to jail March 1, 2013 to complete the 45-day sentence.

Ellis entered an Alford guilty please last month to a charge of assault and battery for an incident that occurred in 2010. Ellis was a third-round draft pick of the Jets in 2011.

The court also gave Ellis permission to participate in a work release program pending the jail’s approval. Ellis would be permitted to work out during the day with the coaches at Hampton University, where he attended college.

Jets training camp begins July 26 at SUNY Cortland. Ellis would have missed a few days if he had to serve his sentence consecutively.

"He’s a strong man," Jets coach Rex Ryan said on Thursday. "And I know one thing, he's looking forward to this season. He put so much into this offseason."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/jets_ellis_granted_split_jail_sentence_CQo9B1g65Wzr9EQbxrZIzI#ixzz1xtI3ZqdH

A Hampton, Va., court issued an order Friday splitting the jail sentence of Jets defensive tackle Kenrick Ellis, which will keep Ellis from missing any days of training camp, according to his attorney Tim Clancy.

Ellis goes to jail Friday at 6 p.m. and will be released July 9. He will then have to return to jail March 1, 2013 to complete the 45-day sentence.

The court also gave Ellis permission to participate in a work release program pending the jail’s approval. Ellis would be permitted to work out during the day with the coaches at Hampton University, where he attended college.

Holy crap, between these two things that is freakin' huge. He won't miss a day of work and will likely even get to leave for the purposes of working out. That's nuts.

It's county jail not prison

This.

I am too lazy to use the search feature, but I said this exact thing would happen months ago. County jail is not the penitentiary. They are not granting Ellis any special favors either. People work out deals for serving their time while maintaining employment all the time. Some people even go to jail on the weekends.

So if you're Kenrick Ellis, you're not the least bit worried about the joint right? I don't think a guy that size is really all that concerned about Schillinger.

Now, if your name is Floyd "Lindsay Lohan" Mayweather, you'd flip out after 10 days, go on a hunger strike and beg the Judge to put you on house arrest for the rest of your sentence.

Holy crap, between these two things that is freakin' huge. He won't miss a day of work and will likely even get to leave for the purposes of working out. That's nuts.

Maybe Rex can make it mandatory for all Jets to kick the crap out of some one and pull 30 days between training camp and Minicamp.

Most of these young guys will be out partying for a good part of the time. he be pumping iron on work release.

Cool

This.

I am too lazy to use the search feature, but I said this exact thing would happen months ago. County jail is not the penitentiary. They are not granting Ellis any special favors either. People work out deals for serving their time while maintaining employment all the time. Some people even go to jail on the weekends.

Your right, but this is an unusually sweet deal he got here considering he plea bargained down a felony

Now, if your name is Floyd "Lindsay Lohan" Mayweather, you'd flip out after 10 days, go on a hunger strike and beg the Judge to put you on house arrest for the rest of your sentence.

That was crazy wasn't it? His personal physician made it sound like he was stuck in Auschwitz. Can't blame the guy for trying.

Got it. That's much safer if you're not Kenrick Ellis.

Your right it is MUCH SAFER.

In county most of the people are in there for things like DWI's, minor drug offenses, slapping their wife ect. The hard core felony guys who are awaiting trial before moving on to state are generally isolated.

That was crazy wasn't it? His personal physician made it sound like he was stuck in Auschwitz. Can't blame the guy for trying.

True, LOL. The DA's response during the hearing on the motion according to reports made me laugh. She kept on saying, "It's jail," to every objection Mayweather's attorney made about the conditions.

It made me think of, "He made Thriller."

So if you're Kenrick Ellis, you're not the least bit worried about the joint right? I don't think a guy that size is really all that concerned about Schillinger.

There's always some a$$hole that wants to mess with the big guy, and Ellis I am sure will really not want to get into any fights and prolong his sentance. With him being allowed to work out at his college during the day, I'd just ask to be locked alone in my cell the remainder of the day.

Bonafide pussy. I hate how he is waiting out Manny's old age. The whole family reeks. Lowlifes supreme,

EDIT: Could not ask for a sweeter deal for Ellis. I have a feeling he'll definitely have his head screwed on right after this mess.

Archived