JAWS MAFIA - Game Thread

DPR

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Town -

Protection - Doc, Weak Doc, whatever JC was, vests, vests, and more vests.

Investigation - Cop, Watcher, Tracker, LD... L D, whatever Leelou was.

Scum

fake ninjas, roleblocker, rolecop, janitor, and Sharrows 3 posts the first week of the game.

I was a passive protective type role, I guess...?

FWIW DPR gave us a great game lots of roles and the Shark ate almost all of them I dont think mafia played particularly well.

Prime example of why we were Ninjokes.. You should have been told 80 went nowhere.. thats what a ninja is. Instead you got handed 80 on a platter and Verb somehow survived our NK from yet another form of town protection LOL..

We didn't play well because all our moves were blocked or rendered useless.

I'll prob soften a bit after I cool off, but I don't think I'm ever going to think this setup was fair. I have seen gunned BPs and bombs dominate EM setups too much to just rule out the combined power of the roles in this game.

funny-gifs-nerd-rage.gif?w=500&h=281

bomb - No uncc'd bomb would ever get lynched with 4859594393 backup bombs in the game. Automatic clear or mafia/shark kill.

Ohhh a clear

Not really as useful as you think

Just like any other townie they're wrong a lot of the time and don't have to do as much work to justify their bad ideas

The only benefit is not getting harpooned which isn't really a concern in most games

Mrs. Crustacean - Even if the clear kills a town that is basically an extra lynch

Yeah but they're killing these same power roles you're complaining about see?

I'm not saying this was 100% balanced

It wasn't

But I think it's better than you're making it out to be

Weak Doc - Any weak doc who takes a chance before things get dire deserves what they get.

And yet you'll GET dumbasses in a game that are 100% sure of something on Day 1

It happens

hahah... you played well too!

this is just my time to whine about the out of whack balance.

If you guys did target Ape with a NK it would have killed me.

I had fun with the harpoons since I really didn't have much to do with my role except wait around to get killed at night for someone else and I didn't even know who.

I'm getting some popcorn...

You know, you guys both have modded a lot of games, you know how much time and effort it takes. Sometimes the setups aren't perfect, sometimes the luck screws the balance, sometimes the players do... just say thanks and retain some of your dignity.

You know, you guys both have modded a lot of games, you know how much time and effort it takes. Sometimes the setups aren't perfect, sometimes the luck screws the balance, sometimes the players do... just say thanks and retain some of your dignity.

or for those of you without dignity

just stfu already

:sign0090:

At least I admit when I screw up a setup. I admitted my Dune setup was town-heavy.

you know whats really funny? Ishy, Shinori, and Rand (who probably read the game) are likely mortified that DPR is taking a hazing.

the couple times I've been over on Dragonmount I see him being revered as some sort of dork King.

you know whats really funny? Ishy, Shinori, and Rand (who probably read the game) are likely mortified that DPR is taking a hazing.

the couple times I've been over on Dragonmount I see him being revered as some sort of dork King.

Yeah I noticed that too

Happens a LOT on forums in general tbh

I made a post about it once and said they should just be treated like anyone else

Yeah I noticed that too

Happens a LOT on forums in general tbh

I made a post about it once and said they should just be treated like anyone else

truth be told I think he's funny and a great mod.. just like to bust his chops a bit. I certainly take my share so I like to dish it out too.

Thanks for the game DPR.. it was fun... albeit a tad unbalanced.

and by a tad I mean a lot.

At least I admit when I screw up a setup. I admitted my Dune setup was town-heavy.

Alright sh*tbirds, explain to me why you couldn't use the EXECUTIONER, JANITOR, ASSASSIN, and ROLEBLOCKER roles to any great effect? I'm going to have to do a game-map for this one...meh

Alright sh*tbirds, explain to me why you couldn't use the EXECUTIONER, JANITOR, ASSASSIN, and ROLEBLOCKER roles to any great effect? I'm going to have to do a game-map for this one...meh

don't get wombat started again.. he's finally calming down.

I'll answer this in the morning.. peace!

tbh I've never found the Janitor role useful outside open setups

What were they supposed to do with that role?

Actually, they didn't use that one well - they got the info that the town didn't see and could easily use to to fake claim a role. They had two chances to do this, which could have really swung he game in their favor, but they waited too long.

If they had roleblocked a few claimed powers to establish the no results finding, they would have covered their tracks as ninjas.

And, although they nailed a Doc with the Executioner role, they didn't know that when they called it, and could have saved it for later in the game when it mattered.

They spotted their symp quickly, whcih was good, and they did have some good observations. But they never fake claimed anything until today, which cost them, and that was done by 80 who is fresh off of a breakup.

I'll try to get all the ins and outs posted tomorrow.

Speaking of things DPR has done, good or bad, I really really REALLY liked what he did with the Dark Monocle game where we all got invitations to come up to his airship

I honestly did not follow the game AT ALL after I died so I have no idea if it was good or who won or what but that was something I really liked about the game

Just thought I'd mention that since I don't think I ever told DPR when the game ended

To be fair I thought 80's attempt was great but ultimately futile

Leelou had a harpoon

All she had to do was shoot someone (I was preferring Smash myself) and then if she's wrong we lynched the other

We had numbers in our favor at that point and could afford a townie death

Archived