JAWS MAFIA - Game Thread

DPR

Speaking of things DPR has done, good or bad, I really really REALLY liked what he did with the Dark Monocle game where we all got invitations to come up to his airship

I honestly did not follow the game AT ALL after I died so I have no idea if it was good or who won or what but that was something I really liked about the game

Just thought I'd mention that since I don't think I ever told DPR when the game ended

Town ended up winning in the end.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is 80it (yes just made that up ) endorsing the 2 back up bomb theory of (nolder and avm) I could go with lynching either one but Im voting nolder becuase I dont think 80 would be dumb enough to claim his scummate a "town read from day `1" so Ill stick with my vote on nolder 80 is clearly buddying up to AVM IMO not to draw his vote or attention

I'm too drunk to understand this. My bad.

bomb - What's your point? One bomb is more than enough at one time.

rolestopper - What are you talking about? It prevents both protections and kills from going through and is therefore a de facto protection

fisherman - EXTRA LYNCHES

Mrs. Crustacean - EXTRA LYNCHES

Cop - I have no problem with the Cop role in an of itself. I do have a problem with it being combo'd with 10 other power roles in a game with less than 30 players.

Watcher - Death has a lot to do with it. Any Watcher who outs the visits to a living target who has not claimed some sort of negative effect on themselves is jumping the gun.

Tracker - See above

Sensor - Doesn't matter. With multiple days of results, you can start using simple logic to find clears and scum.

Lie Detector - I am never going to mod this role unless I make it insane just to **** with people. It is the worst role in the history of mafia.

Doc - See Cop

Weak Doc - How does that negate my point? I expect roles to be used in a manner that makes sense.

only reason I did it was to get a vest from SMC which would have given me 2 more shots at nailing scum with the numbers of players going down that upped my odds of finding scum . I made a mistake on Christine because I got day night mixed up due to a death scene in the middle of the night. You can ask DPR I truly thought it was the next day and I got the result on Christine visiting Hess again at night which made me believe she was scum. Either way I got a vest and nailed JF80 who I thought was scum for a few reasons of my own plus SMC had mentioned he felt 80 was a good shot as well and thats why I investigated him. Since 80 turned up scum and was seemingly protecting Nolder and AVM during the game they were going to be my next target until Leelou did the math on JIF and I went with her idea . if 80 didnt give scum tells to SMC and myself I would have never investiagted him and thinbs might have turned out a lot different.

I also find it funny scum is crying about all the roles the town had when most of them were rendered useless by the shark. Who obviously had to kill them to avoid the bombs. That part of the game alone brought balance IMO because as long as people revealed they were easy kills for Hess. Thats pretty much the game as I see it. If the town screwed up at the end (leelou and myself) you guys would have easily coasted to victory and we would not even be having a balance conversation. Sometimes a little luck can make things hard on scum this time we just nailed your asses.

Am I right in thinking you guys wanted a role blocker and also to be undetected as ninjas ? get real man .... 80 did you role block me ?

Well, I'll stand by what I did but without the whole Ape harpooning SMC I was picking Leelou, then Verb fwiw. Might have helped.

I knew you were not picking me :) I was trying to **** with your head as much as possible I needed to get those extra investigations.

I knew you were not picking me :) I was trying to **** with your head as much as possible I needed to get those extra investigations.

I couldn't believe how bad you botched your initial reveal. Figured you had to be town after that. Christine with the multiple quints theory, her too after that, good lord.

No. Most everything I saw about or towards JIF is a joke - just like to see him act out.

Holy sh*t... here is what shows up first in google when you type in "faggy animated gif"

909356_o.gif

I sh*t you not. Google achieves perfection.

Batman - check.

Surfing - check.

Flailing arms like a mo - check.

Turns to give up the ass - check.

I'm bumping this... I'm still in awe of Google's precision.

I couldn't believe how bad you botched your initial reveal. Figured you had to be town after that. Christine with the multiple quints theory, her too after that, good lord.

yep I botched it but it was my full intention to reveal soon because I was not getting the Vest I kept asking for and I knew the only way I was going to get one was to actully reveal. I honestly thought it was the next day due to the death scene. One of those things that just sticks in your head. Then when DPR gave me the result I went after Christine.

They were ruthless, tossing houses and beating people in the streets - patience was a nothing but a distant memory.

When they found his apartment, they knew it was him - the silky black tights, the mask, the Angora wool sweaters - there was no mistake.

What they didn't expect was the payday - a pink diary filled with his innermost secrets and feelings...

"I hate having to live a double life...once a hero, now a villain, it is torture! No, wait a minute, I actually love it...

They felt bad in one sense, because he had once done something for their town. On the other hand, this was mainly for the lulz and any laugh gotten was a good one.

They both heard the doorknob turn...he was home.

"Quick, hide! We'll jump out and get him!"

And they did, each going into dark corners of his room.

JiF walked in and switched on a lava lamp. In front of him stood Smash...

"I'm Batman!"

JiF shook his head in disgust.

"Dude, that's the gimp mask...gimme that. What are you doing here?" He snatched the zippered mask off Smash's face.

"I'm here to take you in."

"Yeah, well, that's not gonna happen, now is it? You know why? "Cause' I'm Ba..."

Leelou threw the Gimp mask back over his head and zipped the mouth shut.

"We know, boyo. You just keep quiet from here on out."

They dragged him outside and fashioned a hangman's knot out of the tights. Then they slipped the nylon around his neck.

"Any last words?" Leelou asked sweetly, unzipping his mask.

JiF opened his mouth to reply, but Leelou slapped the sh*t out of him.

"I was just ****in' with you. Up you go, compadre'..."

And that was it.

JIF, THE LAST MAFIA, HAS BEEN LYNCHED.

THE TOWN WINS

RIP

SK can kill scum pretty easily too. SK should not be counted as pro-mafia for balance considerations imo.

This game i was def more sided to help scum as I was only killing after reveals pretty much. My job was to sorta figure out scum and not eat them as scum will usually fake reveal, and DPR left me the wifom that bombs were everywhere. So I naturally thought scum would have them too. Dude I basically had a good idea Lily and 80 were scum and would not have eaten them until I had to.

It was all about waiting for a true townie reveal if I could. D1 with migs I just had to guess but figured take out the player playing the least.

It was so horrendously bad I thought for sure smash was a scum bomb after that. Figured it was a really funny, dumb plan made up In their qt to get me to bite.

It actually bumped AVM out of my top spot for scum bomb and put him back on my, maybe I should just eat that player, list.

Dude what u did was actually brilliant. Without the Ape episode to kill me that wifom right there probably would have won town the game regardless in the end. I was NOT touching you after that. Thought 100% you were a Bomb, most likely scum.

I always meant to answer SMC's question about the shark. During his play, he made the observation that there had to be a way for the town to actively kill the shark.

The way that I built the game, there wasn't. The shark was intended to make it to endgame, and if the town had played wisely, they would be able to wifom out of 4 possible bombs. I didn't make the shark killable because it was the mechanism that moved the game, and a major balance point (as Smash pointed out, as soon as power roles revealed, they got eaten.)

The mafia won as soon as they took voting control of the game - and they would have captured JAWS and put him on display at Coney Island.

The Town won when they eliminated all threats to the town, and they had 4 bombs (1 active, 3 back-ups that would activate if the active went down.)

The shark won if he was the last man standing.

you know whats really funny? Ishy, Shinori, and Rand (who probably read the game) are likely mortified that DPR is taking a hazing.

the couple times I've been over on Dragonmount I see him being revered as some sort of dork King.

This is ridiculous - people like my games because I'm inventive and they have fun. That's the whole point, after all.

Pac...it's okay for you to admit you had fun. heh

At least I admit when I screw up a setup. I admitted my Dune setup was town-heavy.

Dude, I've screwed up a million times in games, which you and everybody else knows - I had to reverse a kill in a game once and bring Nae back because of a mistake I made. So if I thought that there was a flaw in this setup, I'd say so - mostly so that I could fix it to create an ALIEN game ( on JN, no one cares if you scream... ) But, I'm happy with the JAWS setup. If I ever ran games twice, I'd run it again, albiet with the original shark derby mechanic.

Now, having said all that, a true mistake has been brought to my attention: yesterday, the scum team roleblocked Smash, and were ninjas. he investigated 80, and my rply should have been "you were role blocked - no results". Instead, I was in a hurry because of work, and I gave him results. That is an honest to goodness mistake that I could be tarred and feathered for. I do feel bad, especially since 80 was having a bad day on top.

So the only way for Hess to win was to make it to endgame with Ape otherwise he'd lose?

Hess won when all of the other players were dead, and given that he avoided eating (or harpooning) any of the bombs.

Dude, I've screwed up a million times in games, which you and everybody else knows - I had to reverse a kill in a game once and bring Nae back because of a mistake I made. So if I thought that there was a flaw in this setup, I'd say so - mostly so that I could fix it to create an ALIEN game ( on JN, no one cares if you scream... ) But, I'm happy with the JAWS setup. If I ever ran games twice, I'd run it again, albiet with the original shark derby mechanic.

Now, having said all that, a true mistake has been brought to my attention: yesterday, the scum team roleblocked Smash, and were ninjas. he investigated 80, and my rply should have been "you were role blocked - no results". Instead, I was in a hurry because of work, and I gave him results. That is an honest to goodness mistake that I could be tarred and feathered for. I do feel bad, especially since 80 was having a bad day on top.

I thought that was just a clever lie by Smash. We were operating on that assumption given that we had him roleblocked and everyone left was a Ninja. Our whole plan was to get him to admit the lie. No chance of that given that he wasn't actually lying. Also, looking back, JiF was the one who submitted the actions that night so I'm not sure why you chose 80 to be the one killing Verbal. At this point it's kinda just adding insult to injury though.

How do you get insult to injury out of that? Smash PM'd me and asked me how it could have happened, and I realized that I had made the mistake because I was rushing ( I was slammed with work, but didn't want to hold up the day. Shoulda waited...) Anyway, just owning up to a real mistake - take it however you want.

Pac...it's okay for you to admit you had fun. heh

Never said I didn't... That's why I stayed quite active in the scum chat and followed along on thread. If I thought it was lame I would have been gone.

I just don't like losing and hate getting knocked out early. Much of the complaining last night was for fun.

Never said I didn't... That's why I stayed quite active in the scum chat and followed along on thread. If I thought it was lame I would have been gone.

I just don't like losing and hate getting knocked out early. Much of the complaining last night was for fun.

It's all good - I'll defend the balance down to a street fight, but I am genuinely sorry for the bad night result. That sucks. I got jammed up with work, and a couple more hours wouldn't have mattered to anyone. my bad.

@Pac: I don't care if someone is taking a hazing. I don't even know the guy except for this game.

Thanks for the backup... I thought we had something...

Shinori, half the reason to play here is to watch the hazing. The other half, of course, is to get in on it.

This was a fun game, and I think I played as well as I could have. And that's all that matters to me. Sure, my fake claim was flailing, but we put a lot of work and thought into it as a team and couldn't pull it off. sh*t happens.

REALLY wish Hess could have made it a lot further. Him as the Shark was one of the best things that's ever happened in the Mafia forum ever, ever.

80! What are you doin sept 29? It is the birthday ball in wilmington. lets go drinking. I love city linmits and that irish pub on front street. come drink with us?

I'd love to, but I may be going up north with my family that weekend, perhaps hitting that weeks' Jets game in the process. I'll let you know.

Archived