The First Team in 35 Years...

Ranick10

The irony is even though they did not score any TD's yesterday the performance and production of the first unit was the best this off season. They could move the ball. They had atleast 3 passes of 20 yard plus. If not for the refs calling a personal foul on Slauson ONLY and not offsetting penalties because the Panthers guy removed his helmet and was heavily involved in that skirmish may be score a TD as well. Biggest difference the O Line protected the QB well.

The only inconsistency was when Shonne Greene ran the ball. He has slowed down. I hope we get to see more of Bilal Powell. Plus Wildcat is still under wraps. So overall the JETS performance was a lot better that it was in the first 2 games!

McElroy and Simms will combine for 800 yards and 8 TDs. WOOHOO.

No touchdowns aside, I felt a lot better watching the offense yesterday. They looked like they played football professionally. They moved the ball up and at least got to the red zone. Sanchez looked decent, the O-Line looked way better. I didn't get the same vibe of hopeless suckitude I got last weekend, so that's an improvement.

McElroy and Simms will combine for 800 yards and 8 TDs. WOOHOO.

No touchdowns aside, I felt a lot better watching the offense yesterday. They looked like they played football professionally. They moved the ball up and at least got to the red zone. Sanchez looked decent, the O-Line looked way better. I didn't get the same vibe of hopeless suckitude I got last weekend, so that's an improvement.

Car Def blows and they were playing Vanilla D flav not Neopolitan

Car Def blows and they were playing Vanilla D flav not Neopolitan

I don't always compare NFL defenses to ice cream flavors but when I do, I try to make sure that other people don't have to read the sentence four times to be sure what of what I'm saying.

Carolina's an average to worse than average defense. Most teams don't have defenses like the Jets do. The Jets offense should be able to move the ball on them. If the offense were as hopeless as last week, they wouldn't have been able to even do that.

I don't always compare NFL defenses to ice cream flavors but when I do, I try to make sure that other people don't have to read the sentence four times to be sure what of what I'm saying.

Carolina's an average to worse than average defense. Most teams don't have defenses like the Jets do. The Jets offense should be able to move the ball on them. If the offense were as hopeless as last week, they wouldn't have been able to even do that.

Did the jets score a TD vs Car's average to worse Def who was playing Vanilla D

The preseason is actually a joke. I bet anyone right now we score at least 2 TD's in week 1.

Probably.

And surprisingly little has been made about the fact that the Jets played 2 of those games (the 2 worst games) without their #1, #3 and #4 receivers. I'm wondering why that's not even discussed. The guys that the QB's had to throw to were: Keller, Hill, Turner, White, etc.

Only 2 of those guys are vets. One of them is a TE, and the other is your bottom of the depth chart kind of guy. Now we have a high end #2/low end #1 receiver back as well as Jeremy Kerley who was good for us last year. Is it really that amazing that the offense looked improved?

Anyway, it's pre-season.. whatever. The Giants had JPP going after Wayne Hunter, and we didn't give Hunter any help. Does anyone think that we would really let a guy like JPP go solo against our weakest link in the regular season? Not likely.

There's definitely nothing to be happy about on that side of the ball, but I think the reactions are a little over the top right now.

Archived