Replacement officials

Thor99

You get exactly what you pay for when you hire scabs.

Perhaps, but I doubt the league is all that broken up about it considering they were previously getting dramatically less than what they paid for before them. Yeah, the replacement officials suck, but I'm not sure they're all that significantly worse than those they are replacing. How quickly everyone forgets the complete embarrassment that last season's officiating was.

Perhaps, but I doubt the league is all that broken up about it considering they were previously getting dramatically less than what they paid for before them. Yeah, the replacement officials suck, but I'm not sure they're all that significantly worse than those they are replacing. How quickly everyone forgets the complete embarrassment that last season's officiating was.

Seriously? I'm not exactly a fan of the regular officials, but these dopes are worse by several orders of magnitude.

don't the owners have to cough up an extra $100,000 per game or something like that to solve this whole fiasco? This game makes them billions. It's chump change for them. Just do it. The calls have been terrible.

Seriously? I'm not exactly a fan of the regular officials, but these dopes are worse by several orders of magnitude.

Perhaps historically speaking, but last season was the worst season of officiating I can ever recalling seeing in pro sports. It was an absolute embarrassment. It decided both championship games for crying out loud. The fact that it's after that disaster that these officials are trying to get more money out of the NFL is absolutely laughable.

Now granted, I'll admit part of it is that the bad calls don't bother me quite as much at this point given that it's only preseason, but I have to say, I do have an appreciation for the fact that at least now the bad officiating is across the board. I'd almost rather that than seeing Tom Brady get three INTs wiped off the board by phantom penalties in a game.

don't the owners have to cough up an extra $100,000 per game or something like that to solve this whole fiasco? This game makes them billions. It's chump change for them. Just do it. The calls have been terrible.

Never underestimate the abject greed of the ultra-wealthy and you will never be disappointed. $100,000 per week is getting into Jerry Jones' "Glory Hole" money.

Archived