Yea! Joe's calling out the Jets - again!

FloridaJetsFan

It makes me laugh when fans here bash him, because he's actually being an advocate for most of their points of view when he pipes up. Dude ended up being SPOT ON last season, like I said.

Don't tell us the truth, Joe. Tell us what we want to hear.

Am I the only one who can care less what that old man says? He is just looking to make some headlines. Should be water off a ducks back for the fans, players, and media. But instead, the fans and media feed into his stupid comments and he continues. I for one wish he would just simply go away.

He's not wrong, but I really dont see how its good for the team to have the most identifiable player in the history of the organization to be a constant basher of everything and anything they do.

Meh. I don't see how it's good for the team to be an organization defined by 40+ years of buttheaded leadership that prioritizes winning in August and in ink over winning championships.

Meh. I don't see how it's good for the team to be an organization defined by 40+ years of buttheaded leadership that prioritizes winning in August and in ink over winning championships.

Duh, I'm just saying he creates unnecessary attention.

Duh, I'm just saying he creates unnecessary attention.

Attention is already there, because the organization's goal is to get the attention in August not January. Joe is simply talking about that. I don't think it's a detriment in any way.

Attention is already there, because the organization's goal is to get the attention in August not January. Joe is simply talking about that. I don't think it's a detriment in any way.

He's complaining about the very thing his mouth creates.

He's complaining about the very thing his mouth creates.

Disagree.

The FRONT OFFICE and OWNERSHIP created the headlines over trophies business model. Joe is just pointing it out. He doesn't create headlines, he reacts to them.

Am I the only one who can care less what that old man says? He is just looking to make some headlines. Should be water off a ducks back for the fans, players, and media. But instead, the fans and media feed into his stupid comments and he continues. I for one wish he would just simply go away.

It would be significantly more profitable for Joe to have just spouted homerisms over the years, earning himself a well-paying role as the team ambassador, but he doesn't. Greg Buttle has made a career out of being a cartoon cheerleader for this franchise. Pretty commendable of Joe to avoid that, IMO.

He created this headline.

Yeah, and we are definitely not making the playoffs now because Joe Namath made one headline about the Jets ****ed up priorities about wanting to win the sports page more than a championship.

Stop talking you moron.

Yeah, and we are definitely not making the playoffs now because Joe Namath made one headline about the Jets ****ed up priorities about wanting to win the sports page more than a championship.

Pretty much. If the Jets miss the playoffs. Its Joe's big mouths' fault.

It would be significantly more profitable for Joe to have just spouted homerisms over the years, earning himself a well-paying role as the team ambassador, but he doesn't. Greg Buttle has made a career out of being a cartoon cheerleader for this franchise. Pretty commendable of Joe to avoid that, IMO.

Add Marty Lyons to the a ss kiss club and look where that got him.

Klecko? I love the guy but he is dumb as a rock so nothing he can say would carry any weight.

#12 has the balls to say what nobody presently or previously associated with the team has the courage to.

Fits with who he was as a player no?

Classic case of wanting to shoot the messenger.

Half the people on these boards wouldnt be Jets fans without him and they dont even realize it.

If Rex has 1/8 the guts his father has watch out when Woody cans him.

He's not wrong, but I really dont see how its good for the team to have the most identifiable player in the history of the organization to be a constant basher of everything and anything they do.

This. I don't think he's necessarily wrong, but here's my issue. The team has this perception about being a circus, so whenever the media needs a quote on something the team has done, they go running to Namath because they know he's going to give them great sound bites. IMO, it just enhances the circus perception to have someone who really doesn't have anything official to do with the team anymore giving out quote after quote after quote.

Archived