You know what amazes me....

JFtoLong

Stoic it counts, no one said it didnt but getting steamrolled by the Steelers in the next game in the first half then not being able to get a big stop at the end when our offense was hot and primed for a comback victory was a killer. The Colts the Pats the Steelers the Giants always seem to make a big stop at the end to give their QB's a shot even though our defense is better than 3 of those teams stat wise we have not been a big play defense when its needed most. Just like a QB needs to dirve his team up the field for the big win at the end the defense needs to make the big stop at the end to give him that chance and we failed vs the Steelers in the AFCCG. Sure the offense had a bad first half but things like that happen vs great playoff defenses and they happen to every QB from Johnny Unitas up to Peyton Manning someone has to step up and the Jets, weather it be offense or defense never seem to do it.

To add to this point, and tying it back to the point of this thread, Sanchez haters want to ignore the big moments Sanchez has had for the Jets.

In 2010, he had 4 late game heroic comebacks, and played fantastic in NE and in Indy.

Sanchez haters are willing to overlook the good things he has done, yet forget about the bad things the defense has done.

At the end of the day, I don't believe Ryan can lead this franchise to the promise land, that does not mean I don't want him to.

I think he could do it with a tremendous football guy as the GM.

Nothing against Tanny, that is not who he is, and I think with a true HC who can lead the O, the D, coordinate the personnel moves, Tanny would be great.

I really just find it amazing that people see Sanchez as a terrible QB, but ignore Rex's MAJOR flaws.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really just find it amazing that people see Sanchez as a terrible QB, but ignore Rex's MAJOR flaws.

yeah, he called 5 blitzes last week that had an unblocked defender go flying by ben and whiff

rex sucks

I think you are referring to the LB corp. they are all slow and overpaid. do you remember the indy playoff game ? that was amazing to watch. if rex wasn't on our side, we lose 45 - 10. do you remember the defensive bcakfield that day ? lol fing l. he made steak out of hamburger that day

stop embarrasing yourself

yeah, he called 5 blitzes last week that had an unblocked defender go flying by ben and whiff

rex sucks

I think you are referring to the LB corp. they are all slow and overpaid. do you remember the indy playoff game ? that was amazing to watch. if rex wasn't on our side, we lose 45 - 10. do you remember the defensive bcakfield that day ? lol fing l. he made steak out of hamburger that day

Please show me once, just once where I said Rex sucks. Please, show me.

I said he is flawed.

I don't think he is a good HC.

I said many times he is a good defensive guy.

The whole point is that many jets fans ignore Rex's flaws, and ignore the good Sanche has done.

If that is embarrassing myself, so be it.

Just note however that I find it embarrassing for you to blast me with words I did not use, but rather you did on my behalf.

If Rex can fix his flaws and become a good HC, not just DC, I will support him.

To date, he has shown me nothing to prove he will ever be any better than his old man as a HC.

rex sucks

Rex Ryan has done a fine job with our defense over all but they are still not making the big plays when they should. If thats a personnel problem and we need better faster LB's then why sign 3 defensive lineman with top picks over the past 2 years who have up to this point had no impact at all ? Which defense are we running here a 3-4 or a 4-3 ? yes its obvious Rex runs multiple fronts but the drafting shows nothing but pushing for more and more defensive lineman when we already had good depth at the position. This makes no sense to me. It did seem we were pushing for more of a 4-3 base defense with the picks we made to try and work more with the trend in the NFL of a solid 4 man rush but if this is the case once again nothing has happened consistently. If DL were getting to Ben rather than smaller safties and LB's you probably would not see as much whiffs. But once again they were playing an occupy role freeing up space for the blitz. if we are going to keep playing this brand of football thats fine but the last 2 drafts have been ignorant at best. Totally ignorant. Keep in mind Im not bashing the players like Wilk or Coples or Ellis since they are young but did we need all three with top picks while our offense sucks balls and our RB's scare no one ? Look at the god damn Giants once again plugging in a fantastic skill player at RB in Andre Brown. Makes me freakin sick.

The fact is this team has been and contuinues to be terrible when dealing with personnel since Rex has arrived. I dont think Tanny has any of the power to make final decisions on draft day he makes the deals and runs the numbers and thats about it. Make no mistake the core of this team was built by Eric Mangini I think he had a great plan to build a team but his biggest flaw was the ridiculous prevent defense and playing soft on defense for the most part with that bend but dont break philosophy. Rex's agressiveness his first year was a breath of fresh air for most Jets fans and thats what lost Mangini his Job.

When it comes to offense the Jets finally spent a second round pick on a WR with a lot of promise. This should have been done years ago not 4 years into your young QB's development but better late than never I guess. There were some good RB's available in FA and in the draft but the Jets elected to ignore all that and pick Ganaway in the 6th freakin round . Now tell me how do you claim to be gorund and pound and not get some RB talent in here ? WTF is that all about ? We know Greene is a hard runner but he takes a beating so whats next ? The unknown of Powell and Joe Freakin McKnight ? Really ?

Paying a guy like Holmes 50 mil was also beyond stupid. Nobody wanted the guy and he had no one interested to the tune of that type of cash and thats why he jumped on that stupid deal as soon as it was presented. The bitch hit the ****ing jack pot and now the real Holmes has shown up and theres not a damn thing we can do about it. We know Hill is going to start but if a guy like Schilens starts to out play Holmes in practice you think hes going to bite into some of Holmes playing time ? NEVER the Jets dont have the balls to do that because they cant deal with this bitches personality and he will blow up this organization in a heartbeat if we ever decided to cut his playing time because hes sucked for basicly the past 18 games.

Rex Ryan is NOT a good head coach at times he talks like a fan in his press conferences and to be honest its getting embarressing. Im not sure how much work this guy puts into this team on the Hard Knocks he seemed more like the class clown than a head coach. He better start holding players accountable and stop pumping up players that will only demand more money based on his ridiculous assessments. Its make or break time for Rex IMO. Of course if he gets dumped from here he will be hired as a DC in about 5 minutes and a gag ball with probably be the first 2 words in his new contract.

How much hate there is for Sanchez among Jets fans, and how much slack Ryan and the defense is given.

Ryan has been here for now his 4th season, every year so far the defense has regressed. We will see how this year pans out.

Sanchez has had a crap line and crap receivers for 2 years, and is cut no slack by many Jets fans.

Ryan on the other hand spends all of his time and energy on the defense, seems to only want to draft and sign defensive players, and yet is regarded as the Messiah by many Jets fans.

I just don't get it.

Yes, Ryan had some early success, with a ton of good fortune, but the defense has consistently gone down hill.

Sanchez has shown me at least, that if given time, when receivers are open, he can be an adequate starting QB.

Ryan has shown me zero to make me believe he is anything more than a defensive coordinator.

I just don't get the love affair with Ryan, and the hatred for Sanchez.

It's like every bad pass Sanchez throws, overwrites 10 good passes.

His receivers play like dog sh*t, and it's his fault for throwing one bad pass, which EVERY QB in football does, EVERY ONE.

Ryan's defense does not really fool anyone anymore, can not get off the field on 3rd downs, cannot generate any real pressure, cannot cover TE's or RB's.

Ryan gets an awful lot of love for a guy who has won nothing as a Jet.

Sorry, AFCC games don't impress me, SB's do.

Ryan has not won one yet.

For those bashing Sanchez at every turn, I think Ryan deserves as much if not more heat than Sanchez.

I just don't get the love affair. I don't know if Jets fans like the trash talk, or what it is.

all QBs with tiem and open receivers are good QBs

The amazing things is that there are fans here still aruging about this six days after the game.

Get over it folks. The Jets lost Sunday.

They are going to lose more games this season.

Im not talking sunday at all Im talking about what this team has become over the past 4 years.

I have no problem agreeing to disagree, we are all in it for the same cause.

I think the Jets are needing to use a lot of extra blockers to keep Sanchez on his feet, and that hurts the passing game.

They also cannot run block for sh*t.

I am mostly of the opinion that in today's NFL, the line is much more important than the back.

Look at Johnson in Tn, he did not all the sudden become a sh*t back, his line cannot block.

Same with Greene, I blame the line way more than him.

We will see, I hope you are right, if Sanchez has a good year, and the defense is top 5, the Jets will be in the playoffs, that is what we all want.

I think you just answered one of your own questions actually...Its not like the Jets are the only team that suddenly can't run block - seems to be a league wide trend as of late. Blame the rule changes (training camp practices, padded practices, DL/LB not being allowed to touch QBs, DB's not being allowed to play physical with receivers...) or more versatile players along DLs and LBs (never before have their been so many close to 300lb players at those positions that can run, tackle, and create matchup problems for an OL) or a combination of the two.

You find me a team that can consistently ground and pound for 100+ ypg, and Ill show you a team that will struggle to get to .500

I think you just answered one of your own questions actually...Its not like the Jets are the only team that suddenly can't run block - seems to be a league wide trend as of late. Blame the rule changes (training camp practices, padded practices, DL/LB not being allowed to touch QBs, DB's not being allowed to play physical with receivers...) or more versatile players along DLs and LBs (never before have their been so many close to 300lb players at those positions that can run, tackle, and create matchup problems for an OL) or a combination of the two.

You find me a team that can consistently ground and pound for 100+ ypg, and Ill show you a team that will struggle to get to .500

I am not sure I did answer my question.

Explain this to me, with everything you just mentioned about why running is struggling, how can any Jet fan approve of Rex wanting to be a ground and pound team?

Even if it can be justified, how can they not go out and get some mean nasty road grader olinemen

Rex Ryan has done a fine job with our defense over all but they are still not making the big plays when they should. If thats a personnel problem and we need better faster LB's then why sign 3 defensive lineman with top picks over the past 2 years who have up to this point had no impact at all ? Which defense are we running here a 3-4 or a 4-3 ? yes its obvious Rex runs multiple fronts but the drafting shows nothing but pushing for more and more defensive lineman when we already had good depth at the position. This makes no sense to me. It did seem we were pushing for more of a 4-3 base defense with the picks we made to try and work more with the trend in the NFL of a solid 4 man rush but if this is the case once again nothing has happened consistently. If DL were getting to Ben rather than smaller safties and LB's you probably would not see as much whiffs. But once again they were playing an occupy role freeing up space for the blitz. if we are going to keep playing this brand of football thats fine but the last 2 drafts have been ignorant at best. Totally ignorant. Keep in mind Im not bashing the players like Wilk or Coples or Ellis since they are young but did we need all three with top picks while our offense sucks balls and our RB's scare no one ? Look at the god damn Giants once again plugging in a fantastic skill player at RB in Andre Brown. Makes me freakin sick.

The fact is this team has been and contuinues to be terrible when dealing with personnel since Rex has arrived. I dont think Tanny has any of the power to make final decisions on draft day he makes the deals and runs the numbers and thats about it. Make no mistake the core of this team was built by Eric Mangini I think he had a great plan to build a team but his biggest flaw was the ridiculous prevent defense and playing soft on defense for the most part with that bend but dont break philosophy. Rex's agressiveness his first year was a breath of fresh air for most Jets fans and thats what lost Mangini his Job.

When it comes to offense the Jets finally spent a second round pick on a WR with a lot of promise. This should have been done years ago not 4 years into your young QB's development but better late than never I guess. There were some good RB's available in FA and in the draft but the Jets elected to ignore all that and pick Ganaway in the 6th freakin round . Now tell me how do you claim to be gorund and pound and not get some RB talent in here ? WTF is that all about ? We know Greene is a hard runner but he takes a beating so whats next ? The unknown of Powell and Joe Freakin McKnight ? Really ?

Paying a guy like Holmes 50 mil was also beyond stupid. Nobody wanted the guy and he had no one interested to the tune of that type of cash and thats why he jumped on that stupid deal as soon as it was presented. The bitch hit the ****ing jack pot and now the real Holmes has shown up and theres not a damn thing we can do about it. We know Hill is going to start but if a guy like Schilens starts to out play Holmes in practice you think hes going to bite into some of Holmes playing time ? NEVER the Jets dont have the balls to do that because they cant deal with this bitches personality and he will blow up this organization in a heartbeat if we ever decided to cut his playing time because hes sucked for basicly the past 18 games.

Rex Ryan is NOT a good head coach at times he talks like a fan in his press conferences and to be honest its getting embarressing. Im not sure how much work this guy puts into this team on the Hard Knocks he seemed more like the class clown than a head coach. He better start holding players accountable and stop pumping up players that will only demand more money based on his ridiculous assessments. Its make or break time for Rex IMO. Of course if he gets dumped from here he will be hired as a DC in about 5 minutes and a gag ball with probably be the first 2 words in his new contract.

Spot on, pretty much agree 100%

you know what amazes me ? the jets are in 1st place, have a division game coming up, and some people just have to bitch and complain about the defense

the defense !!!

in a sport that favors offense about what, 75 % of the rules ? you can't hit the QB or receivers anymore, and the defense is the problem because of how the coach calls it

holy ****ing sh*t

I am not sure I did answer my question.

Explain this to me, with everything you just mentioned about why running is struggling, how can any Jet fan approve of Rex wanting to be a ground and pound team?

Even if it can be justified, how can they not go out and get some mean nasty road grader olinemen

He can say it all he wants. If you look at the numbers, the Jets have become less and less ground and pound and more and more balanced in every year since Rex got here. And that includes the first two games of this year, by the way.

And Rex Ryan is the best coach the Jets have ever had in the past 40 years or so not named Bill Parcells, and everyone knew Parcells was just a band-aid guy who would give us a short window for possible success before he retired or left for elsewhere.

San Francisco 49er's

you know what amazes me ? the jets are in 1st place, have a division game coming up, and some people just have to bitch and complain about the defense

the defense !!!

in a sport that favors offense about what, 75 % of the rules ? you can't hit the QB or receivers anymore, and the defense is the problem because of how the coach calls it

holy ****ing sh*t

Larz ya goota relax bro. :) ....if you want to say how much the league has gone offensive (which I agree they have) then help me out here how did the Jets address the offensive side of the ball the last 2 years. Lets forget ground and pound just explain what they have done.

After you do that then you might say holy ****ing sh*t to yourself and WTF is this team doing. :)

He can say it all he wants. If you look at the numbers, the Jets have become less and less ground and pound and more and more balanced in every year since Rex got here. And that includes the first two games of this year, by the way.

And Rex Ryan is the best coach the Jets have ever had in the past 40 years or so not named Bill Parcells, and everyone knew Parcells was just a band-aid guy who would give us a short window for possible success before he retired or left for elsewhere.

I agree wit you on the balance thing.

While I don't disagree about him being the best coach in that time period, that is as much a reflection of how pathetic our history has been since Weeb.

It's like a whose who of crap bag coaches in our history.

The thing that scares me is when I hear things like "I was like, really, a wideout in the second round?"

Does he not get how pathetic our wideouts are, or at least we're last year?

Does he not understand the need to be able to throw the ball?

A HC needs to be the leader of the whole team, not just the defense.

And for as much as he ignores the offense, not knowing about the issues last year, IMO the defense needs to be Ravens like.

That D is scary good, though, too. Once they get a 7-10 point lead, they feel comfortable having their offense just eat clock and letting the D protect the lead.

Remind me a lot of us in 09/10... Except they're doing it with a QB in his, what, 6th year, while we were doing it with a rookie.

yup they are a scary team and they proved last year that if the defense has a bad day they are capable of going shot for shot with teams like the Saints. On top of all that they add Moss and Manningham. They seem to be doing the things we shold have done after our first year. They probably win 14 games this season.

Alex Smith was in a really bad situation with the Niners never bing in the same offense for 2 consecutive years until now. Jim Harbaugh has done a phenominal job with him and the entire team.

yup they are a scary team and they proved last year that if the defense has a bad day they are capable of going shot for shot with teams like the Saints. On top of all that they add Moss and Manningham. They seem to be doing the things we shold have done after our first year. They probably win 14 games this season.

Alex Smith was in a really bad situation with the Niners never bing in the same offense for 2 consecutive years until now. Jim Harbaugh has done a phenominal job with him and the entire team.

Yup, smith was thought of as worse than even Sanchez, now he is the QB of the team many think is the best in football.

Coaching and surrounding cast can do wonders.

I don't expect Sanchez to ever be truly great, but I think he could be pretty good if given the right circumstances, which he does not seem to have.

Alex Smiths last interception was thanksgiving last year. He just set the niners record for most pass attempts without an interception considering the QB's involved in that conversation thats pretty damn impressive. But the QB gurus on JN laughed at me and posted funny pictures when I said Smith would throw 25 - 30 TD's with less than 10 Int's. We shall see.

When your that good of a QB and have a solid running game and great defense you dont need to throw 45 TD's..... why bother tryingTBH . Throwing that many TD's means taking a lot of unnecessary chances with the football IMO and turnovers is what kills football teams. Niners had 7 total tunovers last year and 35 take aways for a +28 best in NFL history.

Archived