The easy thing to say is

lancemehl

the QB sucks, the RB sucks, the WRs shouldn't even be in the NFL. The defense has horribly under acheived (nice stop in the fourth but), the HC and OC are terrible, wtf with the onsides? No punt return?....and all that's true

But 35 years tells me this is so much deeper than all of that. Because the SAME ****ing thing happens whether it's Edwards or Mangini or Coslett or Rex or Pennington or Nagle or Todd or Walton or Esiason or ODonnell or Blair Thomas or Shonn Green.....Shottenheimer or Sporano Murrell or Johnson ...................This team/franchise/uniform whatever just plain out SUCK. Period. Sorry everyone. What can you do?

Maybe I'm the only one, but I didn't mind the onside kick. I thought it was good timing trying to capitalize on the kickoff TD and giving the defense more time to rest. Schilens shoulda had it, but it was one of a few opportunities that the let slip.

Me neither, but giving up 3 after a failed onside kick isn't something I would kill the defense for.

170+ rushing yards is another thing. On the plus side, Cromartie totally destroyed Andre Johnson tonight.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I didn't mind the onside kick. I thought it was good timing trying to capitalize on the kickoff TD and giving the defense more time to rest. Schilens shoulda had it, but it was one of a few opportunities that the let slip.

Schilens SHOULDA had it....That's the whole point. The anti-King Midas.

But here is a case in point to wht I'm saying:

We all know that the league softened its rules up to help WRs. Everyone knows this. Even Alex Smith is now good. So the Jets firs their so called "terrible" OC Schottenheimer. They have a FRESH START. So what do they do?? They settle for an ANEMIC WR corp and committ to THE ****IN WILDCAT!!

That's our vision moving forward!! The ****ing wildcat!! The wildcat, as we have all now seen first hand, is a JOKE! Heir go, WE are a JOKE.

And sorry to say, but this dude, Sparano, is getting a free ride so far. He has single handedly destroyed a nice amount of drives on his own. He had no plan for Tebow at all! No one did. And wtf would you call all passing plays from 3 yards out? Knowing sanchez cant throw over a defender? The cancer is spreading fast, man. Yeah, sorry, i've seen this act for WAY too long. lmao WAY before Rex or sanchez got here. lmao

I've never seen a team get within a game of the SB twice and then nose dive like this. lol This is like ****ing Major League. Too bad a life size Woody Allen poster will do nothing to help. BTW Woody doesnt give two sh*ts. Im surprised he made the game.

Me neither, but giving up 3 after a failed onside kick isn't something I would kill the defense for.

170+ rushing yards is another thing. On the plus side, Cromartie totally destroyed Andre Johnson tonight.

Agree on all points. Cro was great. I really thought the defense looked like it was financial step up in the first halt but I guess it was only a matter of time till the offense broke off a long run. The texans o-line looked good too. Pushed our d-line around quite a bit until Damon Williams stepped in.

I've never seen a team get within a game of the SB twice and then nose dive like this. lol This is like ****ing Major League. Too bad a life size Woody Allen poster will do nothing to help. BTW Woody doesnt give two sh*ts. Im surprised he made the game.

Hey, Woody does give two sh*ts. One for selling seats and the other for selling tebow jerseys.

And sorry to say, but this dude, Sparano, is getting a free ride so far. He has single handedly destroyed a nice amount of drives on his own. He had no plan for Tebow at all! No one did. And wtf would you call all passing plays from 3 yards out? Knowing sanchez cant throw over a defender? The cancer is spreading fast, man. Yeah, sorry, i've seen this act for WAY too long. lmao WAY before Rex or sanchez got here. lmao

Yes and all to true, I have seen this before, with Jets teams that were much better thatn this one.

But you really have to scratch your head with the three time outs left by halftime and no real structure to the planning. At that point you have to do everything to score at least 3. I said it 4 years ago....Rex was/is and never will be that HC....

Yes Cro did a great job on Johnson but where was he when a slow TE faked him out of his pants and burned him by about 10 yards ?

+1

I was one of the guys leaning towards a cheaper option alongside Revis, specifically James Joseph. Cromartie was great last night and he absolutely blew by Joseph as a WR. I know Joseph was supposed to be dinged, but he had a tough night. I'm not in favor of my CBs relying on a D-lineman knocking the ball down as their first line of defense. In many ways I think Cromartie is a prototypical #1 CB. He handles tall and fast really well. He has trouble with slot guys probably because he is a long strider and we are always comparing him with Revis. It gets to be like being the closer on the Mets - sure he's good, but he's no Rivera.

Yes Cro did a great job on Johnson but where was he when a slow TE faked him out of his pants and burned him by about 10 yards ?

First, Daniels is hardly a slow TE.

Second, he was looking backwards after the play. I tried replaying it but they were the only 2 in the picture. Cro's body language seems to suggest he thought someone else was supposed to be on Daniels, then (realizing no one was on him) chased after him but Daniels was already open and Schaub in un-Sanchize-like fashion saw and exploited it. It could have been pure blown coverage but as likely as not it was a mixup. Cro wouldn't generally line up on the TE when he's the only real CB we've got.

And if everyone else except the Jets has such awesome receivers then how come no one burned Wilson for 170 yards last night?

Our backups got open plenty, and in some cases were WIDE open way down the field. I was actually pretty impressed with how well they did because clearly they are not premiere receivers at WR and TE.

the QB sucks, the RB sucks, the WRs shouldn't even be in the NFL. The defense has horribly under acheived (nice stop in the fourth but), the HC and OC are terrible, wtf with the onsides? No punt return?....and all that's true

But 35 years tells me this is so much deeper than all of that. Because the SAME ****ing thing happens whether it's Edwards or Mangini or Coslett or Rex or Pennington or Nagle or Todd or Walton or Esiason or ODonnell or Blair Thomas or Shonn Green.....Shottenheimer or Sporano Murrell or Johnson ...................This team/franchise/uniform whatever just plain out SUCK. Period. Sorry everyone. What can you do?

Kick a puppy or small child. Trust me, you will feel better.

Archived