We need a receiver bad. Real bad.

sirlancemehlot

It will be interesting. If McElroy were #2 I would certainly start Sanchez on a short leash. With Tebow in the middle though, starting McElroy now is the only legit looking way to skip over Tebow. If McElroy doesn't get the next start he will have trouble getting another chance IMO.

For all the talk about players not being held accountable, Greene didn't start and Sanchez got benched during the game. They may have been looking to pass Greene up for most of the year, but the guys behind him keep getting hurt.

Know what? I didn't think of that angle at all.

IF, as many guess, Tebow was thrust upon Rex by Tannenbaum (or Woody), this is his get out of jail free card with Tebow as the #2. Yeah, technically he could make Tebow the #3 behind Sanchez but this way is so much cleaner and less controversial.

Even people who can't stand Sanchez in green & white (like myself) wouldn't begrudge Rex for making Sanchez the #2 ahead of Tebow. So whether one would like that decision or not, it is totally understandable. Sanchez is at least an actual QB (albeit a horrible one who doesn't belong in the NFL). It's debatable at best to say Tebow is as good as Sanchez.

I worded that wrong Slats. I meant to say what happens next season since Mark is being paid so much money

Most likely? He gets another tryout for the #1 job. The contract extension was not designed to allow for this contingency of Sanchez losing the starting job less than 3 months into a new, guaranteed deal.

Just watched fat boys press conference live on NFL Net and Rex was not saying anything about the QB position which makes that decision lean more towards McElroy playing at this point IMO. Rex still looks like an idiot in press conferences thats never going to change

Thats all I want from a new HC when that time comes. One that doest look like an idiot in press conferences. Why? Because press conferences win ball games. Fact.

Thats all I want from a new HC when that time comes. One that doest look like an idiot in press conferences. Why? Because press conferences win ball games. Fact.

When he got to 2 AFC title games, the press conferences were no big deal. Whern the Jets started sucking, not so much fun.

Ulitmately it's about job preservation. Tannenbaum is going to be out on his ass the day after the season. Ryan knows if the Jets were to lose out he would also be gone. IF he can get a little juice form McElroy to get close to .500 or better Ryan has a chance to be back. Nobody has any tape on McElory and none of the opponents left on the schedule are any good. Works to his advantage that Woody Johons doesn't want to pay 2 coaches in 2013.

Yeah I guess coaches who know nothing about offense win a lot of games as well :). Fact.

Seems that way. Mike Tomlin, John Harbaugh, Lovie Smith, Mike Smith, John Fox - all win a lot of games.

When he got to 2 AFC title games, the press conferences were no big deal. Whern the Jets started sucking, not so much fun.

Ulitmately it's about job preservation. Tannenbaum is going to be out on his ass the day after the season. Ryan knows if the Jets were to lose out he would also be gone. IF he can get a little juice form McElroy to get close to .500 or better Ryan has a chance to be back. Nobody has any tape on McElory and none of the opponents left on the schedule are any good. Works to his advantage that Woody Johons doesn't want to pay 2 coaches in 2013.

I dont listen to his press conferences and I'm 100% sure they have no impact on the game.

Archived