New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

AVM

It sounds like a good plan to me. Win/win.

You shoot Leelou tonight which confirms her to you. We lynch Lily tomorrow after getting her reading on one of us. If she isn't cult then Crusher shoots me and if Crusher doesn't shoot me then he's been playing us for some time and lost his shot when he was converted. I don't see how that could possibly go wrong for us.

The only way I could have been recruited is if Smash lied about me shooting his vest off. He had no reason to lie.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did though because it played into his story

I'm not saying you were recruited Crusher I'm saying from my POV I can't actually know that you weren't

It's reasonable to be unsure in this case IMO

Besides whether I think you could be cult or not is irrelevant isn't it?

We can't lose unless we purposely lynch/kill someone we know is town

He did though because it played into his story

I'm not saying you were recruited Crusher I'm saying from my POV I can't actually know that you weren't

It's reasonable to be unsure in this case IMO

Besides whether I think you could be cult or not is irrelevant isn't it?

We can't lose unless we purposely lynch/kill someone we know is town

Nothing is 100%. Agreed.

So remember that job I interviewed for back in December? The same position opened again (either they added a new position or someone turned down the original one, not sure). I just got the call today that I've been hired. I'll be making 70 % more than I do right now. I start March 11th.

So remember that job I interviewed for back in December? The same position opened again (either they added a new position or someone turned down the original one, not sure). I just got the call today that I've been hired. I'll be making 70 % more than I do right now. I start March 11th.

Congrats!

Congratulations!!!!

Good job man.

Grats man, that's awesome!

What began with 21 men and a sissy, noodle armed girl was now down to 4. There was no disputing these were four Jets: Teh Crusher, Nolderp, Lilbat, and Leroy. There was still one traitor left over – one who had been lulled to sleep by the Sandman himself, Sharrow. Once a proud Jet, now the last threat to returning peace.

The group devised a plan which they thought would confirm who was with them and who was against them. They mapped it all out, discussed things over, and through the night began to carry out that plan. When day broke and they all were there Lilbat stepped forward. “I was wrong, it’s Nolder! He’s the last of the traitors!”

Leroy didn’t seem too keen to voting Nolder, but when TEH CRUSHER with all his might and wisdom came to support Lily she reluctantly agreed. So they went to Woody Johnson for what they hoped was the last time offering up Nolder as their choice.

With all his parading around making guarantees, shouting CAN’T WAIT!™, and constant bickering you’d have thought you could trust Nolder. He wasn’t always right, but who is in the end? He gave it his all and that’s all you could ask for. Maybe that’s why Sharrow had visited him on the night of his death? Most likely though it was because he was the ****ing Sandman, and he converted who he wanted when he wanted. Regardless…he had managed to turn even the brashest of Jets. Now he has all the time in the world to wait:

Nolder, Bart Scott, Townie with a PR converted to cult has been cut from the Jets…permanently.

And so with that Crusher, LaRon Landy, Compulsive Vig…

LaRon-Landry-New-York-Jets.jpg

And Leelou, Nick Mangold, Town Doc….

nick-mangold-rich-kanejpg-705e9772a82804f0_large.jpg

And Wombat/Lily, Calvin Pace, vanilla townie turned backup Cop…

220px-Calvin_Pace_2011.JPG

Were all that was left standing. Those responsible for making the Jets a joke were forever gone, nevermore to don the Green and White. Sucks though…they’ll probably be the worst team in the league with so many roster holes to fill next year. S.O.J.’s….

TOWN (and Dan!) WINS!!!

Game thoughts and ramblings:

First off, great game by everyone. Town played remarkable there at the end and they had to as I thought scum was going to wipe the floor with the game for a while. Amazing end, big props to Crush.

As for characters -- I genuinely did random aside from 3 players: Dan, Vic, and Ishy. Vic and Ishy hadn't confirmed they were playing when I started the game so I made them the next two characters I'd take out: the SK and a vanilla townie. Yes, Vic is my boy, but that didn't have anything to do with him being SK. Ishy had mentioned a couple weeks previously he wanted to play and I hadn't heard from Vic in over a week at the time -- so he got SK as it was the next player out.

Dan, on the other hand, came to me at the end of the previous game and told me "I want to get lynched." Just to see if she could get herself lynched. So, I mixed things around a bit until I got a balance I was okay with including a jester. She and I PM'd back and forth at the beginning of the game, and I honestly didn't think you guys were going to kill her. Thought for sure it'd be a usual suspect...but she got you guys to kill her lol. I liked the introduction of the jester because it opens up that thought into the game play down the road.

As for MVPs:

Town: Crusher/Wombat. Wombat gets a shout out as he figured out the game a great deal there towards the end. Crush just did work. Best job I can think of by someone given a role like Compulsive Vig. It's not easy to play.

Cult: Hard to say just one of you. Sharrow did himself in by correctly naming EVERYONE in the game that was scum shortly before his death. Pac, to his credit, would have likely sealed a victory if scum didn't shoot him because they hate Pac :D Nolder fought til the bitter end, and I'm not sure if anyone believed last night he was the last cult.

Scum: I honestly wanted to say the Ape, simply because he claimed Mark Sanchez and almost lived. Verbal played great though setting up a couple of key points that, if they'd gone slightly differently, could have resulted in an amazing last second turn around and scum victory. All 5 members played GREAT to start the game, though.

Hated/beloved Princess....lmao

Like I said, I fumbled around so much that day because of work and bickering with Wombat that I'd booted the clean bus opportunity... so when I realized I was as good as dead that night, I wanted to go with the most audacious reveal I could think of. I would have considered it a victory if I lived through that night alone. LOL.

In hindsight, I should have just claimed Namath or Fireman Ed, and one of the simple roles I thought up in our thread. I did tailor my fake role to my personality and teh Sanchez damn well though.

Like I said, I fumbled around so much that day because of work and bickering with Wombat that I'd booted the clean bus opportunity... so when I realized I was as good as dead that night, I wanted to go with the most audacious reveal I could think of. I would have considered it a victory if I lived through that night alone. LOL.

In hindsight, I should have just claimed Namath or Fireman Ed, and one of the simple roles I thought up in our thread. I did tailor my fake role to my personality and teh Sanchez damn well though.

I almost put Fireman Ed in, actually.

Before Dan came to me, I actually had Eric Smith as scum team member with Nick Folk as a Survivor (5 different factions O.o) with two others: Vanilla David Harris and Fireman Ed or Brandon Moore, psychiatrist . In that set up, I was toying with cult killing as well as converting still with a max of 2 converts.

After Dan asked me about getting lynched plus the character reveal issues from last game I changed the game two having the two Rex's and a guy people would think of as vanilla as the ninja for scum (Malone). Plus, revealing characters and that they're vanilla made them easy targets for Sharrow.

Oh, and to those of you thanking me for the set up -- it all came from most of you. I specifically took ideas from 80, Ape, BG, SMC, Crush, and others. It was a game for the Jets fans among us, so I tried to taylor it as best I could after what you guys requested in that original thread. The dual personalities was toyed with for a while but it was too much with mechanisms I HAD to have in (Cult Holmes, Jester Smith, random backup, etc)

AVM very cool set up. Just glad it worked out. Got off to a ruff start. LOL

Lmao -- your near shot at Leelou N1 (which would have vetted her and kept a townie alive) was awesome. As I said in the dead thread just as you figured out with the risk of a tracker/watcher it was too risky...but a great thought.

Archived