New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

AVM

Yeah, I totally get where you're coming from, but that's the thing for me, I'm really not in a position at all where my current financial situation is at all bad. I'm living comfortably with money to spare in my current job, which is part of what makes it not such an easy decision. Of course, on the other hand, that also tells you the kind of money this position is offering.

The flip side is it's also a Manhattan hedge fun, so I can very easily see there being a substantial increase in the number of hours I'd be putting in compared to my current job (not to mention things being a lot more volatile with much less job security).

Are you in a position to take on those extra hours? Many businessmen who take jobs with long hours wait until their kids are out of the house before taking on those positions. I.E. wait until they're old. From what I know about you, you're somewhere in your late 50's or early 60's, so I think this would be a perfect time for you to try to make this move.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you in a position to take on those extra hours? Many businessmen who take jobs with long hours wait until their kids are out of the house before taking on those positions. I.E. wait until they're old. From what I know about you, you're somewhere in your late 50's or early 60's, so I think this would be a perfect time for you to try to make this move.

And what I know of you and the fact that you've never spoken to a girl you weren't related to, that would make you what, 6?

What a pretentious douchebag he is.. did you see in his list of criteria that the common man must now know the person driving the car has money.

that alone is punch in the face worthy.

shut up and start the damn game

What a pretentious douchebag he is.. did you see in his list of criteria that the common man must now know the person driving the car has money.

"must not know the person driving the car has money."

I choose to drive a Honda for the same reason. Neighborhoods around Boston are filled with sh*tbrained idiots that hate yuppies, key cars for leisure and will steal your shoes off your feet. It's just easier this way, tbh.

I can think of a million reasons to punch CTM in the face, but this isn't one of them tbh.

Yeah, I totally get where you're coming from, but that's the thing for me, I'm really not in a position at all where my current financial situation is at all bad. I'm living comfortably with money to spare in my current job, which is part of what makes it not such an easy decision. Of course, on the other hand, that also tells you the kind of money this position is offering.

The flip side is it's also a Manhattan hedge fun, so I can very easily see there being a substantial increase in the number of hours I'd be putting in compared to my current job (not to mention things being a lot more volatile with much less job security).

Don't do it. You love your current job!

I need nicer though.. they aren't luxury calls.. I was thinking Lincoln... luxury brand, btu doesn't raise the eyebrows the way a BMW would

Get a Chrysler 400. One of my friends got one and it's outstanding. Got a Hemi and tears it up on the road. Thing is loaded inside. On the outside it's still a Chrysler.

Apparently the JN banner ads seem to suggest you guys should go with either a Ram or Jeep.

I wasn't sure if those ads are targeted or just generalized. LOL, I keep getting Ram ads, but I've been writing a blog article about the SB ad so I figured it was targeted because I've watched that commercial so many times.

I wasn't sure if those ads are targeted or just generalized. LOL, I keep getting Ram ads, but I've been writing a blog article about the SB ad so I figured it was targeted because I've watched that commercial so many times.

Yeah, I've noticed the Ram ad coming up a lot as well, so it's not just you. That probably just means they paid extra to whichever ad company it is to have theirs shown constantly. Also probably has something to do with the target demographic of those ads and how it lines up with that of a sports-based site.

Lincoln is same as Ford, just a different trim level and logo. Same as Lexus to Toyota relationship. Obviously there are some other difference, but overall, it's just branding.

If brand matters, but shouldn't matter, based on your requirements. Then BMW > Lincoln > Ford, so you'd be in the right tier for what you are saying.

Another make you could go with is Acura, the high-end version of Honda. It competes with Infiniti and Lexus without the super luxury stigma.

Interestingly, Audi Acura and Lincoln where the 3 I was looking at

I'm actually looking at Audi's right now. Just the A4. I'm torn though, for the reasons stated above about why I'm content with the Honda.

I thin of the 3 you listed, the Audi is going to get you closest to the impression that a BMW or Mercedes would make. Audi's brand no longer floats under the radar like it did in the 90's when the first started getting their sh*t together.

Must not know dummy...

And bring it fatty

I'm actually looking at Audi's right now. Just the A4. I'm torn though, for the reasons stated above about why I'm content with the Honda.

I thin of the 3 you listed, the Audi is going to get you closest to the impression that a BMW or Mercedes would make. Audi's brand no longer floats under the radar like it did in the 90's when the first started getting their sh*t together.

Yea... I'm worried about audis for that very reason.. I like the new Lincoln mkz, but it's getting some bad reviews

Yea... I'm worried about audis for that very reason.. I like the new Lincoln mkz, but it's getting some bad reviews

I can't remember where you said you live, was it down near NYC? If so, I wouldn't bother with anything over $30k. That's pretty much my predicament. I moved to Boston from our short stint in the midwest, and had a BMW. It took a beating and it drove me ****ing crazy with every scratch and ding, so I got the Honda and stopped worrying about it.

But... but... money!

It always sounded like you really love your current job, but I guess you'd be happy either way. :)

Only somewhat related ... I found out half an hour ago that my school is firing a bunch of really great teachers this year. It sucks!! It's hard to keep starting over with a new team. And it's so rare to find good teachers who go above and beyond and truly love working with our community of students. Ugh.

Like Ape said, Audi would make the common man think you have money. No so much with Acura or Lincoln. But also like you and Ape said, there are questionable reviews about Lincolns.

Acura and Lexus would fit your criteria. Pre-owned has changed the concept of money = luxury cars.

It always sounded like you really love your current job, but I guess you'd be happy either way. :)

Only somewhat related ... I found out half an hour ago that my school is firing a bunch of really great teachers this year. It sucks!! It's hard to keep starting over with a new team. And it's so rare to find good teachers who go above and beyond and truly love working with our community of students. Ugh.

I hear what you're saying, which is why I'm even debating this whole thing to begin with. If things weren't so great with my current job, I certainly wouldn't even hesitate. Of course the other option is to go for it and then only worry about it if I actually get offered the position, but I feel like it'd be next to impossible to turn it down at that point. I'm not joking when I say it would be double (or more) my current pay.

Yeah, I have to imagine that must suck. To have a constant change in the people you're working with must only make your job more frustrating. What is the reason that they're firing them? Does it mostly have to do with tenure, or are there other reasons? I know teachers who have had issues with that, and it's one of a long list of reasons that I think tenure is flat out idiotic (no offense meant to you if you happen to agree with it :tongue:).

Like Ape said, Audi would make the common man think you have money. No so much with Acura or Lincoln. But also like you and Ape said, there are questionable reviews about Lincolns.

Acura and Lexus would fit your criteria. Pre-owned has changed the concept of money = luxury cars.

Lexus makes me think of strippers.. Same with Mercedes

Archived