New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

AVM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are any of you guys better at Internet research than I am? Okay, you're all better. I really suck at this. I need reliable websites (preferably with the .edu tag) on the goddess Athena. I can't manage to find any.

Are any of you guys better at Internet research than I am? Okay, you're all better. I really suck at this. I need reliable websites (preferably with the .edu tag) on the goddess Athena. I can't manage to find any.

Quick (REAL quick) search yielded this. All with .edu.

http://www.perseus.t...les/athena.html

http://www.ic.arizon...eum/athene.html

http://people.hsc.ed...gion/athena.htm

>Implying that was worth my time to read

I pushed on you and backed off because at the time 80 and Verbal were still around and were more obviously scum

Cry some more though I'm sure your scum team can't wait to get in here and let you know how you blew it for them

Btw, Smash, I was still trying to play up my PR here. Sorry for acting like a jerk.

Those all appear to be work done for classes at the collegiate level, not sure what exactly you're looking for. That was a really quick search, though.

If this is for a paper for your daughter or something I can search through the university online library for something with really good sources.

Offer the BPV to Nolder. He's the only townie stupid enough to accept. If Nolder dies tonight instead of the Ape, all the better.

I think you underestimated me here. You forget I used a role very similar to this not too long ago.

I'd like to think I know better than to accept candy from strangers.

I can say this, somebody reeled Nolder in. He's not playing like he usually does as town.

He's been forgotten about mostly. Usually he's one of the scummiest townies ever.

I'd have to check to be sure but I'm pretty sure I toned myself down. After Ape flipped scum I was pretty demoralized and didn't really know what to think anymore.

It was only when we started narrowing in on Verbal that I caught my stride again.

Town MVP: Crusher

Scum MVP: Pactard

Town MVP: Crush, Pac, Sharrow

Like AVM said.. If I hadn't been converted I would have easily won with town and almost won with cult if the incredibly inept scum team didn't shoot me out of bitterness.

I don't blame them.. I completely destroyed them in 4 consecutive days.

Town MVP: Crush, Pac, Sharrow

Like AVM said.. If I hadn't been converted I would have easily won with town and almost won with cult if the incredibly inept scum team didn't shoot me out of bitterness.

I don't blame them.. I completely destroyed them in 4 consecutive days.

We shot you because you were obviously not town. Even when you were town, we were convinced you were 3rd party because of how anti-town you were playing.

Put a sock in it.

Those all appear to be work done for classes at the collegiate level, not sure what exactly you're looking for. That was a really quick search, though.

If this is for a paper for your daughter or something I can search through the university online library for something with really good sources.

No, don't go to all that trouble. This is perfect. Thanks so much!

Sharrow can convert ONLY roleless townies, and ONLY a max of 2 total. If he dies, he gives his power to his #2 (if he has one). Roleless townies DOES include Bart Scott, Nolder, (PR) but not Revis, Hess, or Smith, Dan.

Oh wow really? I didn't realize that when I got recruited. Man I've always thought cults were OP but you really neutered the cult in this game. Seems like you got it mostly balanced tbh. If I ever use cult in the future I might do something like this.

We shot you because you were obviously not town. Even when you were town, we were convinced you were 3rd party because of how anti-town you were playing.

Put a sock in it.

hahah...

Sharrow and I loved how completely inept your team was. You shot me out of spite instead of trying to win. Congrats.

Oh wow really? I didn't realize that when I got recruited. Man I've always thought cults were OP but you really neutered the cult in this game. Seems like you got it mostly balanced tbh. If I ever use cult in the future I might do something like this.

The cult was a difficult part of balance, and DPR helped me out with that. I couldn't decide between unlimited but a percentage for conversion (maybe 100% for one or two players, 50% for most vanilla, 25% or less for scum/power roles), a limited number, or a choice of kill/recruit.

As I told Sharrow at the time, he had a difficult task. Essentially he was a survivor that could recruit but not win with any other faction.

Put a sock in it.

Ser.. The only reason I knew he was town cause he was so clueless and playing so poorly he had to be.

LOL makes no difference now .... Even though Im scum wombat and Nolder acted scummy throughout the game and I basically stayed quiet with no scum tells yet im the one they come after. Im surprised Lily did not stick up for me more since we offered her a vest last night that SHOULD have vetted my claim but she posts like what once every 3 days ?

You may not have been around for the game where I silenced myself to try to vet myself. lol

Ser.. The only reason I knew he was town cause he was so clueless and playing so poorly he had to be.

cluelessly stumbled into piecing together a 4 man scum team in warp speed. While you floundered as the Polish Copper and got put to sleep by Crusher.

Your play was less than worthless.. almost a detrimental force to the town in your meaningless short stint.

Had a lot of fun this game. I knew it would be pretty tough, but I'm happy with how it went. If we had just 2 kills this game, we might have won. Or if scum wasn't so incompetent with theirs.

Doc outed on the first day? Check

Roleblocker on the team? Check

Any pair of nuts or brains on the team? I knew AVM forgot something

Had a lot of fun this game. I knew it would be pretty tough, but I'm happy with how it went. If we had just 2 kills this game, we might have won. Or if scum wasn't so incompetent with theirs.

Doc outed on the first day? Check

Roleblocker on the team? Check

Any pair of nuts or brains on the team? I knew AVM forgot something

I thought you had it man! Extremely well played game...you just had the disadvantage of too many vanilla dying early.

@Lily -- glad I could help love :)

Thanks for the game, AVM!! :biggrin:

You're welcome! But seriously -- thank you guys. That was in my top 3 of games I've been involved with along with Wizard of Oz and whatever game it was I was SK. Love 3rd party roles. You guys made this game tremendously fun. I'm already thinking about ideas for game number two, but it'll be some time so everyone else gets a chance to mod

If this team had a halfway competent starting QB instead of a bum like Sanchez Ape, I would have. :biggrin:

:rl:

Seriously though, so many ways this game could have gone differently. If I give you guys one shot after your team is complete (an idea that just came to me, which makes sense), or there's not the confusion with the trader role (and I had given them a two time max within their team, for example), if Vic/Ape/JVoR weren't so busy...so many ways.

BTW, JVoR started pegging this game pretty solidly right before he was killed. Vic thought he was cop and had he survived another day he might as well have been. He and CTM were piecing it all together then they die on the same night

cluelessly stumbled into piecing together a 4 man scum team in warp speed. While you floundered as the Polish Copper and got put to sleep by Crusher.

Your play was less than worthless.. almost a detrimental force to the town in your meaningless short stint.

^^ Worst performance I've ever seen from a townie

Archived