<><><>You be John Idzik Super Poll Mock<><><>

T0mShane

2013 Jets Mock Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Bucs Offer 2013 First (#13), 2014 Second for Revis. You say...

• Yes, give me the draft picks
    • No, I'm keeping Revis
  2. 2. At Pick #9, these players remain on the board. You select...

• Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, University of Tennessee
    • Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    • Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
    • Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
    • Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
  3. 3. If you opted to take Pick #13 (for Revis), you select:

• Jonathan Cooper, OG, UNC
    • Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU
    • Bjoern Werner, OLB, FSU
    • Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    • Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
  4. 4. Assuming you didn't draft Geno Smith, which QB do you take later on?

• Ryan Nassib, Syracuse (Rd. 2)
    • Matt Barkley, USC (Rd. 2)
    • EJ Manuel, FSU (Rd. 2)
    • Mike Glennon, NC State (Rd. 3)
    • Tyler Bray, Tennessee (Rd. 4)
    • Zac Dysert, Miami of Ohio (Rd. 4)
    • Matt Scott, Arizona (Rd. 4)
    • Sean Renfree, Duke (Rd. 5)
  5. 5. Post draft, these FAs are at the door. You can afford two of them. Which ones do you sign (if any)?

• Braylon Edwards, WR
    • Antoine Winfield, CB
    • Brandon Moore, OG
    • James Harrison, OLB
    • Tommy Kelly, DT
    • Charles Woodson, S
    • Israel Idonije, DE
    • Kerry Rhodes, FS
    • Ahmad Bradshaw, RB
  6. 6. It is January, 2014. The team finishes 7-9 with David Garrard at QB. The defense finishes top ten in ppg allowed, and the offense turns the ball over less. Your coach in 2014 will be (assuming these will say yes)...

• Rex Ryan, because he's earned it.
    • David Shaw, Stanford.
    • Jon Gruden, ESPN
    • Brian Kelly, Notre Dame
    • Mike Zimmer, DC, Bengals
    • Darrell Bevell, OC, Seahawks
    • Lovie Smith
    • Dirk Koetter, OC, Falcons
    • Jack Del Rio, DC, Broncos

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Below is my mock on if we were to trade Revis for a 1st and 3rd this year included with a 2nd next season that I came up with in the "NFL Draft" forum. But too bad Star Lotulelei isn't there so I'm going to assume he's not available?

The order is base off of us trading Revis for to Tampa for an 2013 1st and 3rd which includes a 2014 second rounder.

9 - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
13 - Bjoern Werner, OLB/DE, Florida State  (Trade from Bucs)
39 - Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
72 - Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
73 - Sio Moore, OLB, Connecticut (Trade from Bucs)
106 - Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse

141 -Marqise Goodwin, WR, Texas

Below I traded out of 9th to the Steelers who are looking to move up for Jones and grab an additional second. Use our second (39th) and a third (73rd) to move into the late 1st  

13 - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
17 - Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
Late 1st -Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
2nd -Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
3rd - Tyrann Mathieu , CB, LS
4th - Brandon Jenkins, OLB, FSU
5th - Trade to Eagles for Nick Foles

Trade current 5th and conditional 2014 4th rounder that can turn into a 3rd (base on playing time) for Nick Foles.

Below is my mock on if we were to trade Revis for a 1st and 3rd this year included with a 2nd next season that I came up with in the "NFL Draft" forum. But too bad Star Lotulelei isn't there so I'm going to assume he's not available?

The order is base off of us trading Revis for to Tampa for an 2013 1st and 3rd which includes a 2014 second rounder.

13 - Bjoern Werner, OLB/DE, Florida State  (Trade from Bucs)

i love this one except for the bjoern but im still ok with that.

also im biased cause logan was an acquaintance from high school

Two surprises developing: 1. All the support for keeping Rex after a 7-9 and, 2. All the support for dumping Revis.

Tough schedule and a crappy roster (presumably minus Revis), 7-9 would be a successful finish.

I think the expectations are in the 4-12 range for a lot of people here.

Tough schedule and a crappy roster (presumably minus Revis), 7-9 would be a successful finish.

I think the expectations are in the 4-12 range for a lot of people here.

Word. I chose 7-9 because I thought that would be the tipping point record. 6-10, I think those poll results look different. My expectation was that 7-9 would cause the poll to break 50/50.

I actually voted in this poll even though I don't feel particularly strongly about most of the choices.  I traded Revis on the assumption that everybody else seems to have that he demands a crazy deal and that offer is one I would take.  Less than that and I am one of the few people that might say **** it and force him to finish the season here.  

I haven't paid too much attention to the draft this year. I've played the "this guy looks interesting game" but haven't paid attention to ranking my prospects.  I took Geno, but that is not a move I feel strongly about.  I just know they need a QB and I don't think they need a Luck level prospect.  

Not taking Warmack made taking Cooper a little easier, but I could just as easily go for Eifert or Werner.  They might go corner, but those guys are cheap this season and I'm probably biased because I prefer Trufant.  There is also the issue with using the Revis pick to select his replacement.  Not fair, but it will sure draw comparisons that won't help the kid. 

I took Harrison and Bradshaw. I'd probably prefer Woodson, but they need O and assuming Bradshaw can pass a physical he is a decent option.  If I can only take two guys I'm going O.  

I'm a Rex guy, so my choice is no surprise, but for others keeping Rex is probably a function of the sh*tty expectations and the fact that I don't like a bunch of guys on your list. Gruden seems like a complete ass to me. He certainly isn't going to dispell the circus image. 

I said keep revis because you never said if we could sign him long term or not. If we can get a long term deal then hell no. You don't trade the best player for only a 1st and 2nd especially when there isn't a all world QB you could get.

Now if we can't sign him of course trade him or else you end up with nothing but one more season.

I said keep revis because you never said if we could sign him long term or not. If we can get a long term deal then hell no. You don't trade the best player for only a 1st and 2nd especially when there isn't a all world QB you could get.

Now if we can't sign him of course trade him or else you end up with nothing but one more season.

Exactly.  Operating under normal stipulations - that he is asking for 5+ @ $16+M per I make the trade.  Lower that into the $12M range?  My answer might be different.

^ We've heard as low as between $12-$13 per all the way up to $16 per. Of course, depending on the contract language (guarantees, what gets paid when, etc), you could make it look like Revis is getting more or less average "per year" than he'll ever actually see, which I think is accounting for the rumored numbers disparity. Obviously, the agents are going to crow about the higher figure while the team is going to cite the smaller. IMO, when he gets his Tampa deal, it'll be all front-loaded because 1. That's what Revis likes and 2. Tampa has to spend a sh*tload to get to the salary floor. What will be amusing is if they give Revis huge dollars, then Josh Freeman goes out and has a monster season, then Tampa has to try and re-sign him next off-season in a QB market that just saw Tony Romo get $108 million.

^ We've heard as low as between $12-$13 per all the way up to $16 per. Of course, depending on the contract language (guarantees, what gets paid when, etc), you could make it look like Revis is getting more or less average "per year" than he'll ever actually see, which I think is accounting for the rumored numbers disparity. Obviously, the agents are going to crow about the higher figure while the team is going to cite the smaller. IMO, when he gets his Tampa deal, it'll be all front-loaded because 1. That's what Revis likes and 2. Tampa has to spend a sh*tload to get to the salary floor. What will be amusing is if they give Revis huge dollars, then Josh Freeman goes out and has a monster season, then Tampa has to try and re-sign him next off-season in a QB market that just saw Tony Romo get $108 million.

Odds?

13 - Bjoern Werner, OLB/DE, Florida State (Trade from Bucs)

So the Jets 2 best players on D are going to be DL and they have the worst offense in the NFL and you want to draft 2 DL in the top 15 and 5 out of 6 defensive players in the first 4 rounds. Smart take. UGH. Bjoern Werner would be a HORRIBLE fit for the Jets.

So the Jets 2 best players on D are going to be DL and they have the worst offense in the NFL and you want to draft 2 DL in the top 15 and 5 out of 6 defensive players in the first 4 rounds. Smart take. UGH. Bjoern Werner would be a HORRIBLE fit for the Jets.

Why is Werner a horrible fit?

And what offensive players are worthy of a top 15 selection? 

JiF, on 02 Apr 2013 - 10:53, said:

Because his absolute upside is a player the Jets already have in Wilkerson. He's not an explosive pass rusher and his skills are much better suited to a 4-3 scheme. He's not a difference making player in any sense.

The only offensive players worth taking there are one of the Guards and MAYBE Tavon Austin.

I picked Werner because he can rush the passer out of Rex's 3-4, and if Rex gets fired, Werner can line up as a 4-3 end. Any defensive player the Jets draft needs to have that versatility if they're not going to extend Rex.

T0mShane, on 02 Apr 2013 - 11:01, said:

I picked Werner because he can rush the passer out of Rex's 3-4, and if Rex gets fired, Werner can line up as a 4-3 end. Any defensive player the Jets draft needs to have that versatility if they're not going to extend Rex.

No, he can't. Thats the point.

Because his absolute upside is a player the Jets already have in Wilkerson. He's not an explosive pass rusher and his skills are much better suited to a 4-3 scheme. He's not a difference making player in any sense.

The only offensive players worth taking there are one of the Guards and MAYBE Tavon Austin.

Lulz?  What?  He's an extremely explosive pass rusher with a great burst.  He make plays by getting sacks and swatting the ball at the LOS.  He's about 40 lbs lighter than Mo Wilk, about 3 inches shorter and he's much faster/quicker.  He's a versatile player who fits Rex's scheme because he can play in space and with a hand in the dirt on our 4 man sets, which Rex uses a lot of.  He'd give the Jets flexibility with Mo and Coples being able to move them inside on those sets. I believe your take is misguided. 

I'll pass on taking Guards in the top 15 but sign me up for Austin.

There's a few OL, WR and a TE worthy. We need so much help though I don't think it really matters. Just draft the BPA.

If we were in need of an OT, I'd agree, otherwise, I'm good on a Guard.  I like Austin and Austin only that high for a skills position.  And no, there isnt a TE worthy of that high of a selection. 

JiF, on 02 Apr 2013 - 11:10, said:

Lulz? What? He's an extremely explosive pass rusher with a great burst. He make plays by getting sacks and swatting the ball at the LOS. He's about 40 lbs lighter than Mo Wilk, about 3 inches shorter and he's much faster/quicker. He's a versatile player who fits Rex's scheme because he can play in space and with a hand in the dirt on our 4 man sets, which Rex uses a lot of. He'd give the Jets flexibility with Mo and Coples being able to move them inside on those sets. I believe your take is misguided.

I'll pass on taking Guards in the top 15 but sign me up for Austin.

You just don't know the player. I suggest you watch tape on him or read some scouting reports. His comp is Chris Long with less speed.

Archived