Okay here goes...

JetFanatic

I don't really post much on this board, I'd much rather read what you guys have to say.  Some of you guys are insanely knowledgeable and informative when it comes to football and especially when it comes to my Jets which is why I've been drawn to this board since who knows how long.  Whenever I want to find out if a signing happened or something else Jets or even football related happened this is always my first stop because I know that someone here most likely has the information and rather quickly.  So kudos to you guys for being awesome!  Okay, enough of the mushfest and onto my point.

I know I will get some bashing for this and I can't say I'm some college football guru at all, but I've watched my fair share of Tavon Austin highlights and I think we need to draft this kid.

The Jets right now are more than lacking on the offensive side of the football when it comes to talent.  They've been horrid for quite some time actually.  I know this has been said plenty of times here and I apologize for repeating, but it's SO true because when an upcoming opponent sees the New York Jets on their schedule who comes to mind on offense when it comes down to someone the defense has to game plan against?  There's no one.   There's not one person even remotely close to being someone that the defensive coordinator has to specifically game plan against because if they don't they're toast on Sunday.  We have the 9th and 13th pick in this draft.  With the 9th pick I would love for them to draft the best outside linebacker out of that crop to instantly plug in and hopefully start giving QB's fits.  If we're sitting at the 13th pick and we're staring at Tavon Austin I think we have to draft him.  If used correctly, and I'm not sure if Marty Mornhinweg ever had a chance to coach a player with Austin's skill-set,  we can have quite a dangerous player on the field on offense AND special teams that the defense BETTER account for on every down or else they will get burned.

I watched a YouTube video called "Only One" showing a bunch of his highlights (AWESOME video by the way I highly recommend watching it this kid is amazing) and at the end they showed his 2012 stats and they were amazing considering he did so well at multiple positions.  I know it's against college competition which isn't comparable to the level of NFL competition but this kid is special there's no other way to put it.  He's a dynamic player and exceeds at multiple positions (WR, RB, and KR) all positions that we can afford to infuse some talent with. Again I'm only basing this from what I've seen from all of these videos and highlights of him and I'm not at all saying it will happen, but if this kid can turn out to be like a Steve Smith I think he's worthy of the 13th pick in the draft.  

If the 9th pick netted us a Barkevious Mingo and the 13th pick netted us a Tavon Austin our team is immediately better I think.  We could draft an offensive lineman with our 2nd round pick maybe go safety with the 3rd round pick a tight end with the 4th and draft positions of need moving forward and I think if the picks especially the first four pan out it makes us a good team.

I know not having an even slightly capable QB on the roster will sway you guys to think that not having a QB to throw this kid the ball will essentially be a wasted pick, but this kid can take little dump offs to the house and make defenders look silly in the process.  We need him.

Kinda long sorry, but what do you guys think?  Would you completely stay away from Austin if he were there at 13?  Or do you grab him and welcome him as possibly our only offensive playmaker?

I don't really post much on this board, I'd much rather read what you guys have to say.  Some of you guys are insanely knowledgeable and informative when it comes to football and especially when it comes to my Jets which is why I've been drawn to this board since who knows how long.  Whenever I want to find out if a signing happened or something else Jets or even football related happened this is always my first stop because I know that someone here most likely has the information and rather quickly.  So kudos to you guys for being awesome!  Okay, enough of the mushfest and onto my point.

I know I will get some bashing for this and I can't say I'm some college football guru at all, but I've watched my fair share of Tavon Austin highlights and I think we need to draft this kid.

The Jets right now are more than lacking on the offensive side of the football when it comes to talent.  They've been horrid for quite some time actually.  I know this has been said plenty of times here and I apologize for repeating, but it's SO true because when an upcoming opponent sees the New York Jets on their schedule who comes to mind on offense when it comes down to someone the defense has to game plan against?  There's no one.   There's not one person even remotely close to being someone that the defensive coordinator has to specifically game plan against because if they don't they're toast on Sunday.  We have the 9th and 13th pick in this draft.  With the 9th pick I would love for them to draft the best outside linebacker out of that crop to instantly plug in and hopefully start giving QB's fits.  If we're sitting at the 13th pick and we're staring at Tavon Austin I think we have to draft him.  If used correctly, and I'm not sure if Marty Mornhinweg ever had a chance to coach a player with Austin's skill-set,  we can have quite a dangerous player on the field on offense AND special teams that the defense BETTER account for on every down or else they will get burned.

I watched a YouTube video called "Only One" showing a bunch of his highlights (AWESOME video by the way I highly recommend watching it this kid is amazing) and at the end they showed his 2012 stats and they were amazing considering he did so well at multiple positions.  I know it's against college competition which isn't comparable to the level of NFL competition but this kid is special there's no other way to put it.  He's a dynamic player and exceeds at multiple positions (WR, RB, and KR) all positions that we can afford to infuse some talent with. Again I'm only basing this from what I've seen from all of these videos and highlights of him and I'm not at all saying it will happen, but if this kid can turn out to be like a Steve Smith I think he's worthy of the 13th pick in the draft.  

If the 9th pick netted us a Barkevious Mingo and the 13th pick netted us a Tavon Austin our team is immediately better I think.  We could draft an offensive lineman with our 2nd round pick maybe go safety with the 3rd round pick a tight end with the 4th and draft positions of need moving forward and I think if the picks especially the first four pan out it makes us a good team.

I know not having an even slightly capable QB on the roster will sway you guys to think that not having a QB to throw this kid the ball will essentially be a wasted pick, but this kid can take little dump offs to the house and make defenders look silly in the process.  We need him.

Kinda long sorry, but what do you guys think?  Would you completely stay away from Austin if he were there at 13?  Or do you grab him and welcome him as possibly our only offensive playmaker?

Little late for April Fools jokes. :)

I get the wanting to go skilled players, but there's two guys whom a majority of experts think are top 25 prospects in Austin and Patterson. I'm sure we'll probably see a few more actually picked before then but at the same time, if that's what they want to do, then please for the love of God trade down with both picks if you can. I'd much rather a second tier WR from Austin or Patterson in addition to the extra 2nd, 3rd or a next years first you could get.

It's not that I don't like Austin or Patterson but neither are sure shot stars. If you have faith in your scouting dept, trade down and get a combo, whether it's a Franklin and Woods or Allen or a Hunter and Bernard or Barner...etc

I don't really post much on this board, I'd much rather read what you guys have to say.  Some of you guys are insanely knowledgeable and informative when it comes to football and especially when it comes to my Jets  

well I'm glad you've clearly been following my posts then

I don't really post much on this board, I'd much rather read what you guys have to say.  Some of you guys are insanely knowledgeable and informative when it comes to football

I was going to ask Bit to give out draft grades on our recent mock but he's a know it all dick. I now think you should definetly do it, you'd be surprised but most people don't respect the insane knowledge I spit here. Most people also didn't respect Shady on the mic, I feel like you could be my Mekhi Phifer.

I was going to ask Bit to give out draft grades on our recent mock but he's a know it all dick. I now think you should definetly do it, you'd be surprised but most people don't respect the insane knowledge I spit here. Most people also didn't respect Shady on the mic, I feel like you could be my Mekhi Phifer.

If four OL go in the first eight picks for real, I'll be very pleased on draft day. Surprised, but pleased. 

it's almost as if offensive lineman are part of an old family curse with you.

Jets aren't in the tackle market that high, and no one should be in the guard market that high. If four OL and a QB go in the top 8, the Jets should have their choice of a couple players they have rated extremely high. Hence my being pleased.

Agreed.  Bit is the worst type of person. 

Archived