Leelou's Princess Bride Mafia - Game thread

Leelou

This is true but at the same time some of the better scum players haven;t played.  Vic is best scumster ever.  SMC is very good at scum except for the stretch were he was scum 4 outta 5 games LOL.  Danx and JVOR very good at scum. 

I nail Vic as scum by D3 every time he's scum. EVERY time. I'm actually pretty tuned in to SMC too, Dan and JVOR elude me sometimes. Hess is still maybe the hardest person for me to read. Which I believe is why he drives me crazy when we play.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Scum QT

Gotcha Ape.

You sure did. I was secretly rooting for you to lead my lynch and be the hero, but then I thought you might have gotten Nolder's doc role so I shot you. I like to shoot you.

Only fitting Crusher, the president of Ape fan club, brought me to my end... 

I was right a lot more than I was wrong and successfully got the stupid scum team to shoot at me instead of a power role.

What did yall expect.

There were only 2 power roles you f*cker.  There were 2 lovers and everyone else was vanilla. 

You sure did. I was secretly rooting for you to lead my lynch and be the hero, but then I thought you might have gotten Nolder's doc role so I shot you. I like to shoot you.

Seems like every game is a race to see who will die first, me or Pac, but for almost entirely different reasons.  Game within a game for me.

I've got an idea for a game if people are still interested.

Nothing crazy like Capture the Flag.  Movie themed but a little more involved, like most of my games...

You'll still be scum MVP no matter what, amiright?

Yeah, JiF is right in that you can definitely change your style and make others adjust, but Ape is also right that it's usually best not to start with a game in which you are scum.

As for JiF saying that people here use more logic than elsewhere, that used to be the case, but I'm not so sure it is anymore. DM is terrible at logic atm so that's not the best comparison. Also, a lot of the more logical JN players don't or hardly play anymore (e.g. Sharrow, Dan, JVoR, CTM).

I don't think you play with much logic, JiF, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Your instincts are usually really good so that lets you spot scum that are playing a seemingly perfectly logical game but have been dropping subtle tells. The problem is when someone plays with neither good logic nor good instinct. We have a lot of those on DM these days and I would hate to see JN slide that way too.

Which is what I've been saying. I've been calling then the smart ones but I just mean the more logical, pragmatic players...SMC, Slats, BG, CTM, Sharrow, JVOR/Dan aren't playing anymore. Kills what was a more diverse group. JC is in that group though and some of the old school players help make up for some of that but those players tend not to post as much. It's just the tards playing but now Nol and Darthe have heaviky added to the tard factor.

Tards like me work better when their is more of the logical players playing.

I think AVM and Vic's fusion came from them being able to play both ways. I'd put WombAt and DPR in that group too.

I try to play much less tard then I use to bc in the beginning I was really the only one breaking all the rules the collective group played by but now we have enough players playing like that I've actually tried to tone it down frankly bc it doesn't work as much anymore as the tard factor is diluted.

Lol.

Which is what I've been saying. I've been calling then the smart ones but I just mean the more logical, pragmatic players...SMC, Slats, BG, CTM, Sharrow, JVOR/Dan aren't playing anymore. Kills what was a more diverse group. JC is in that group though and some of the old school players help make up for some of that but those players tend not to post as much. It's just the tards playing but now Nol and Darthe have heaviky added to the tard factor.

I think AVM and Vic's fusion came from them being able to play both ways. I'd put WombAt and DPR in that group too.

I try to play much less tard then I use to bc in the beginning I was really the only one breaking all the rules the collective group played by but now we have enough players playing like that I've actually tried to tone it down frankly bc it doesn't work as much anymore as the tard factor is diluted.

Lol.

To summarize:  "80 out-tarded me and Mafia isn't as fun anymore."

That would be great, JiF!

Ape, I'll miss you, but I completely understand all the stuff you have going on. 

Thanks Lils, sorry to bust your chops this game. :)

Lol.

I think you and I are two of the few that are able to straddle the line between tard and pragmatism. I think you are spot on though, the pragmatists have mostly bailed out, and most of what we have left are instinct players and tards. Just gives the game a different feel.

When you stopped playing like a tard, it hurt me... it hurt me deep. I do see that you are on the same curve I am though, in trying to step in with more pragmatism to replace that which has left. 

Dude, you're like my favorite player. When you started playing I was like yes, a brethren!

Don't ever change.

lol, this.

Lol.

I consider myself a fatmatic player.

I think you and I are two of the few that are able to straddle the line between tard and pragmatism. I think you are spot on though, the pragmatists have mostly bailed out, and most of what we have left are instinct players and tards. Just gives the game a different feel.

When you stopped playing like a tard, it hurt me... it hurt me deep. I do see that you are on the same curve I am though, in trying to step in with more pragmatism to replace that which has left. 

lol, this.

No worries :)

lol, this.

Remember all the rules everyone played by in the beginning? It was like "The Doggin Playbook of Mafia". It was so easy to manipulate and everyone eventually got really good at it.

I still remember Doggin came back to play a game and by that time the mafia he created was flipped upside down and I think he was like WTF is this? Lol. I'm NOT giving myself this credit btw, I'm just saying we eventually outwifom'd every wifom with all the different kind of characters playing. But it was the diversity of all the players that made it work so well.

It's still great to play but I'm not sure it can be at that level when we always have a third of the game new DMers who are really only playing from the outskirts so to speak.

Lol.

This actually makes a ton of sense to me.

Yeah, JiF is right in that you can definitely change your style and make others adjust, but Ape is also right that it's usually best not to start with a game in which you are scum.

As for JiF saying that people here use more logic than elsewhere, that used to be the case, but I'm not so sure it is anymore. DM is terrible at logic atm so that's not the best comparison. Also, a lot of the more logical JN players don't or hardly play anymore (e.g. Sharrow, Dan, JVoR, CTM).

I don't think you play with much logic, JiF, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Your instincts are usually really good so that lets you spot scum that are playing a seemingly perfectly logical game but have been dropping subtle tells. The problem is when someone plays with neither good logic nor good instinct. We have a lot of those on DM these days and I would hate to see JN slide that way too.

FTR, I wasnt saying I'm a logical player.  I think that JN in general is more than other players.  I'm all instincts.  But I use logic to make decisions on my instincts.  

To summarize:  "80 out-tarded me and Mafia isn't as fun anymore."

Nah...I think he means you've added an element we've had to account for...you playing for the lulz...I know I've had to develop strategies to smoke you out...the difference between 80 playing for something and 80 playing for the lulz...still not sure it's accurate...but it's something.

Remember all the rules everyone played by in the beginning? It was like "The Doggin Playbook of Mafia". It was so easy to manipulate and everyone eventually got really good at it.

I still remember Doggin came back to play a game and by that time the mafia he created was flipped upside down and I think he was like WTF is this? Lol. I'm NOT giving myself this credit btw, I'm just saying we eventually outwifom'd every wifom with all the different kind of characters playing. But it was the diversity of all the players that made it work so well.

It's still great to play but I'm not sure it can be at that level when we always have a third of the game new DMers who are really only playing from the outskirts so to speak.

I'm planning to join the fray next game. Totally :)

Do you like my avatar now? I find it rather dull but haven't really got an inspiration yet.

FTR, I wasnt saying I'm a logical player.  I think that JN in general is more than other players.  I'm all instincts.  But I use logic to make decisions on my instincts.  

I agree with this.  JN players have knowledge but they use that to force the issue and cause the other players to think so fast on their feet...many blunder.

Dude, you're like my favorite player. When you started playing I was like yes, a brethren!

Don't ever change.

lol, this.

Nah...I think he means you've added an element we've had to account for...you playing for the lulz...I know I've had to develop strategies to smoke you out...the difference between 80 playing for something and 80 playing for the lulz...still not sure it's accurate...but it's something.

<3

Wat is a fatmatic player?

When do we play drunkmaffia?

A fatmatic player is a gigantic lard ass that plays mafia with his mouth full of food and his belly full of beer.

We don;t play drunkmafia here.  We just happen to get drunk when a game is in session.

Archived