Maxman, The competition watching!

eboozer

I was over on the JI board yesterday and they were shutting down the site for several hours to do some upgrades to the board. When I went back today, I noticed that when you open a topic, the board is looking a lot like this one.... especially when you reply to a message. The area that allows you to add a smiley face, font size, My media, etc. are almost identical. I guess some of the administrators are members on this site.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery! :love0030: 

Well thanks.  They are actually using vbulletin, we switched off of that a few years ago.  That company was sold and from a technical standpoint there were a lot of concerns about the software (performance related).  I got tired of waiting for them to put out a stable version so we left vbulletin.

Hopefully for ji vbulletin is stable now.  Although when I went over there earlier to see the feedback thread, the forum was showing a database error.  Maybe the error was related to the upgrade, but vbulletin has had so many complaints it seemed like the right decision for us to just stay away.

I was over on the JI board yesterday and they were shutting down the site for several hours to do some upgrades to the board. When I went back today, I noticed that when you open a topic, the board is looking a lot like this one.... especially when you reply to a message. The area that allows you to add a smiley face, font size, My media, etc. are almost identical. I guess some of the administrators are members on this site.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery! :love0030: 

Still not sexy.  For me if a message board does not have the sexy then it cannot have The Crusher. My posting style requires a good mount so message board sexy to work.  Plus nobody ever answered me back there. 

Still not sexy.  For me if a message board does not have the sexy then it cannot have The Crusher. My posting style requires a good mount so message board sexy to work.  Plus nobody ever answered me back there. 

I guess they only answer the VIP Insiders. Can't see spending $29.99 to have the privilege of talking Jets football. That's why I remain "only a guest" 

I guess they only answer the VIP Insiders. Can't see spending $29.99 to have the privilege of talking Jets football. That's why I remain "only a guest" 

I can't believe anyone would be foolish enough to pay that for information that's all over the internet for free.  

Then again I couldn't see how anyone would make the color theme of a website "spearmint" for the better part of a decade, say to himself, "Yep, that theme looks really, really good -- totally, we should go with that color for years and years," unless the site was about gum or mouthwash or breath mints.

I can't believe anyone would be foolish enough to pay that for information that's all over the internet for free.  

Then again I couldn't see how anyone would make the color theme of a website "spearmint" for the better part of a decade, say to himself, "Yep, that theme looks really, really good -- totally, we should go with that color for years and years," unless the site was about gum or mouthwash or breath mints.

I can't imagine anyone ever really was paying that money for anything that it supposedly got you.  I had done the VIP thing over there for a while, but the truth of the matter is that I only ever saw it as pretty much a donation more than anything.  Didn't seem like such a crazy idea when you consider how much time we all spend on these freakin' sites.  That only ever really stopped when a certain someone over there made a concerted effort to try to screw me over, when I was paying money for years at that point, for essentially nothing to begin with.

If only Max were willing to offer up a membership that included a t-shirt and an extra super-secret message board that nobody posts on.

I can't imagine anyone ever really was paying that money for anything that it supposedly got you.  I had done the VIP thing over there for a while, but the truth of the matter is that I only ever saw it as pretty much a donation more than anything.  Didn't seem like such a crazy idea when you consider how much time we all spend on these freakin' sites.  That only ever really stopped when a certain someone over there made a concerted effort to try to screw me over, when I was paying money for years at that point, for essentially nothing to begin with.

If only Max were willing to offer up a membership that included a t-shirt and an extra super-secret message board that nobody posts on.

Why don't we do this...instead of having a full membership that has benefits to you, we should offer half a membership that has no benefits to you at all.  It saves me the time of saying that the benefits are great.  It saves you the problem of having to pay full price.  Win, win really.

Think about it, lol.

All you do over here is bash JI.  Seems like when post counts are down, the owner starts a thread bashing JI.

Can't we just get past this animosity?

Refresh my memory, what do you do here again?

Well congratulations to them. I only wrote a thread over there 5 years ago, titled "Viewing JI on Blackberry", which got stickied. All the while, dudes are in there with comments like "haha that would set the site back $20k to make the conversion" and then Sooth linked the board up to Tapatalk, which ****in sucked, and responded in the thread "you guys ask, we listen" LOL! Then, not to be outshined for this groundbreaking achievement, mother****er rips my name off of said thread and reposts the basic idea under the JI Announcements account. So that's been since 2008 for those keeping count.

It's like they finally got a Super Nintendo when Max has been running a PS3 for over a year. And then people wonder why we spend the majority of our time over here (besides for the pleasant atmosphere... JI is like a Ray Ray / Sg3 dick sucking vipers nest)

Seriously, ****in kudos to the shlubs for finally getting something that is smartphone friendly. Only took them half a decade to make it happen. Maybe Sooth opened an IRA and contributed 10% of his paycheck and finally saved up to do it lol. sh*t gets done faster in Guantanamo Bay lol

Thor convinced me to switch over, then he convinced me to join this site instead of spending my time on JI. Somebody was a winner in that scenario. :-)

See, Max.  I bring quality to the board.  Can you say the same?

Archived