Camp Tweets 8-6

flgreen

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a dude who's username was Tebow doesn't have any right to throw Gholston stones. 

Um... That was a joke.  As is the current username.

You can't find a single post where I've said Tebow was anything but terrible.  I disliked him as a QB (and as a person) and I hated the move.  The name was changed on April Fools Day, and never bothered to be changed back.

Was your 4 year Gholston love-fest a joke too?

2010 Mark Sanchez was:

19th in TDs

26th in YPA

27th in QB rating

29th in completion percentage

Can't believe I'm doing this. 

Mark Sanchez isn't going to win many statistical battles.  What did you expect from a college player with marginal experience? I expected to see a complete failure; a total bust.  

However, Mark became a part of a team that did really good things in his first two years. And, with the exception of last year, Mark improved in every statistical category, every year since he's been in the NFL: Attempts, Completions, Completion pct, Yards, TDs, QB rating, Fumbles...

He was never amazing.  But until last year, he was showing progress; he was moving in the right direction. 

He went from being a 65% passer with 35 TDs, 10 ints at USC, to being a bottom dweller in the NFL. 

I get it.  

I still like him more than: Brooks Bollinger, Kellen Clemens, Brett Favre, Mark Brunell, Greg McElroy, (its actually a tie with Brett Ratliff...jk), David Garrard, and a little less than Chad Pennington (but that's my boy).  It seems like we don't really care to have a good QB on this team...ever.  The jury is out on Geno, but to make it in this league you need to be mentally tough...and that's one thing you can't measure, or take away from Mark Sanchez.  He gets ridiculed on Jumbo Trons, Newspapers, Television, Radio, posting boards, and he still takes it in stride.  He even sports a ghey headband as a big F*ck You to the naysayers.  Because of that mental toughness, I think he's going to make it in this league, and in this city.   Because of that, I going to continue to support him and hope that perhaps (just perhaps) the Brian Schottenheimer offense that Brett Favre laughed at, and the Tony Sporano offense that made him an O-line coach, MAAAAY have had something to do with the stalled development of an already premature NFL starter. 

[p.s. in 2010, he also ran for 3 TDs which puts him at 17th.  Ahead of Big Ben and Sam Bradford...not bad company for a run-based offense ]

fun fact, Mark Sanchez is 3-1 on opening day. 

Fun question:  that correlates to your prior point how exactly?  It would seem that you are either saying:

A.) That this reality (while ignoring the details behind it), should automatically designate Sanchez as the opening day starter, regardless of how the remainder of training camp and preseason unfolds.  And that even despite of this reality, Geno should still be judged negatively for not winning a competition you believe should be predetermined by the events of a handful of games that happened over the course of the 4 years prior to him entering the league.

OR

B.) Absolutely nothing, as this has no relevancy whatsoever to Geno's ability to beat Sanchez out in training camp.

Listen, I know you and I have had plenty of disagreements on football-related matters over the years, but this has just reached a whole new level of absurdity.  How can you seriously expect anyone to take any of your posts seriously anymore given the blatant agenda you have been pushing for months now?

You can have my spot from last preseason to the middle of last season.  Dont mind the stains on the floor, it was a rough year...

Mark didn't score last preseason; it's a staple of a Sporano offense. 

(not commenting on the second part...out of pure confusion)

Listen, I know you and I have had plenty of disagreements on football-related matters over the years, but this has just reached a whole new level of absurdity.  How can you seriously expect anyone to take any of your posts seriously anymore given the blatant agenda you have been pushing for months now?

I got news for you BG i don't get a vote. The coaches don't ask me who to start. These highly paid professionals have deemed Mark Sanchez the preseason game 1 starter. What I say doesn't affect that. You should be angry with the coaches who watched the competition, every single day, and came to this conclusion. Not with me and my so called agenda.

Can't believe I'm doing this. 

Mark Sanchez isn't going to win many statistical battles.  What did you expect from a college player with marginal experience? I expected to see a complete failure; a total bust.  

However, Mark became a part of a team that did really good things in his first two years. And, with the exception of last year, Mark improved in every statistical category, every year since he's been in the NFL: Attempts, Completions, Completion pct, Yards, TDs, QB rating, Fumbles...

He was never amazing.  But until last year, he was showing progress; he was moving in the right direction. 

He went from being a 65% passer with 35 TDs, 10 ints at USC, to being a bottom dweller in the NFL. 

I get it.  

I still like him more than: Brooks Bollinger, Kellen Clemens, Brett Favre, Mark Brunell, Greg McElroy, (its actually a tie with Brett Ratliff...jk), David Garrard, and a little less than Chad Pennington (but that's my boy).  It seems like we don't really care to have a good QB on this team...ever.  The jury is out on Geno, but to make it in this league you need to be mentally tough...and that's one thing you can't measure, or take away from Mark Sanchez.  He gets ridiculed on Jumbo Trons, Newspapers, Television, Radio, posting boards, and he still takes it in stride.  He even sports a ghey headband as a big F*ck You to the naysayers.  Because of that mental toughness, I think he's going to make it in this league, and in this city.   Because of that, I going to continue to support him and hope that perhaps (just perhaps) the Brian Schottenheimer offense that Brett Favre laughed at, and the Tony Sporano offense that made him an O-line coach, MAAAAY have had something to do with the stalled development of an already premature NFL starter. 

[p.s. in 2010, he also ran for 3 TDs which puts him at 17th.  Ahead of Big Ben and Sam Bradford...not bad company for a run-based offense ]

Sanchez is mentally tough now?  All because he didn't quit, and walk away from 10's of millions of dollars because people point out that he sucks?

Yep. Everything I've ever said that you disagree with was actually a joke. Ha ha. 

My disagreement is irrelevant.  What happens on the field is all that matters.  At least, for everyone who didn't waive the Gholston flag for 4 years.

My disagreement is irrelevant.  What happens on the field is all that matters.  At least, for everyone who didn't waive the Gholston flag for 4 years.

If your Tebow username was an april fools joke, what is your Geno username? A love letter to Sanchez? 

you should be hEYdband this year if you really want to jinx him. 

Sanchez is mentally tough now?  All because he didn't quit, and walk away from 10's of millions of dollars because people point out that he sucks?

I think he's mentally tough.

If there was a stat for saying the right thing to the media he would be tops.  He doesn't blow off the media, or act crass after a loss. He shoulders the blame, shrugs off negativity, and moves forward.  

Not bad considering his interview topics:

The Holme's debacle, the supposed Peyton courting, The Tebow bed share, the rookie contender.

For being a top-five most visible QB in the media, and being the losing-est one...he sure takes it in stride.      

I got news for you BG i don't get a vote. The coaches don't ask me who to start. These highly paid professionals have deemed Mark Sanchez the preseason game 1 starter. What I say doesn't affect that. You should be angry with the coaches who watched the competition, every single day, and came to this conclusion. Not with me and my so called agenda.

Thanks for proving my earlier point, as you clearly felt the need to delete out the portion of the post where I proved how completely full of crap you were.  That was my really my only point, as I actually don't have any particular issue with the coaches decision.  To recap, you started trying to trash Geno for not beating Sanchez for the regular season starting job, at which point it was said to you that it's not September yet (thus indicating no such decision has been made), and you threw out your little opening day stat, which could not possibly have less to do with the initial point being made by you.  The only way it could possibly be related would be in complete contradiction to your own point, which is what I pointed out.  Either that or you were trying to change your supposed position because you had shown to have no merit to your original one.  Either way, there is no possible explanation for that sequence of events which doesn't reflect extraordinarily badly on you and what your posts have now constantly become.

I don't know what your problem is, but if you are so completely incapable of providing anything of value to any discussions anymore, it's time to stop wasting everyone's time.  How about trying to stand up for your points by actually supporting them with truths for a change, while also not running away from (or lying about) the truth every time you're proven wrong.  We seriously cannot have a single thread on this board anymore that isn't eventually polluted with your baseless, anti-Idzik, Revis-butthurt diatribes.

If your Tebow username was an april fools joke, what is your Geno username? A love letter to Sanchez? 

you should be hEYdband this year if you really want to jinx him. 

I'm not sure I see your point.  Is it that I don't like Sanchez?  That's pretty clear.  Pretty much everything about his career makes me feel comfortable in that position.

I hope Geno is better.  We'll see.  Thus far, I know 0 about Geno as an NFL QB.  Hopefully we'll learn more soon.

If there was a stat for saying the right thing to the media he would be tops.  He doesn't blow off the media, or act crass after a loss. He shoulders the blame, shrugs off negativity, and moves forward.  

The Holme's debacle, the supposed Peyton courting, The Tebow bed share, the rookie contender.

For being a top-five most visible QB in the media, and being the losing-est one...he sure takes it in stride.      

CJ Cregg for starting Quarterback!

Why do I give a **** what he says to the press?   I care more about the pouting and going into a shell when things go wrong.  

I don't know what your problem is, but if you are so completely incapable of providing anything of value to any discussions anymore, it's time to stop wasting everyone's time.  

Well it's a free message board and you get what you pay for. there's an ignore function I suggest you use it. 

Archived