Mafia forum off season chat thread

On 3/7/2017 at 2:05 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

My Seahawks are headed back to the NCAA Tournament, and I found out today I got promoted.  Best day ever!

spending all day posting 1/2 naked women in the 100k thread while fapping is considered productive in your company? Is your boss also a lonely virgin?

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

spending all day posting 1/2 naked women in the 100k thread while fapping is considered productive in your company? Is your boss also a lonely virgin?

I'm more productive than 90 % of my co-workers, and have been promoted, on average, twice every 3 years.  And no, she's a married lady who works remotely.  I rule. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm more productive than 90 % of my co-workers, and have been promoted, on average, twice every 3 years.  And no, she's a married lady who works remotely.  I rule. 

Whose a scientist studying the decline of men in western civilization?

Oscars are " gulpers". Not terribly aggressive just territorial. They look scary, are big but won't chase a fish into a corner and pick it apart. Once the fish leaves the part of the tank they deem as " theirs" they stop chasing. Jack Dempseys, Jewel Fish, Red Debils ,green terrors  and most African Vichlids are brutal. They will go at a fish regardless of where it is and kill it. I got Parrot fish, hybrid of Red Devil and another fish. They are actually more aggressive than the Oscars but have triangular mouths so don't do damage. In ten gallons you can do about 6-10 inches of fish. Too small for Cichlids. That tank in the picture is 120 gallons. I started them in a 55. A nice pleco and three to four neons would be nice. Neons are pretty little school fish. I did a tank at the after school class at the Lady of Lourdes and put about  40 of them in a display tank I did. Display meaning non aggressive fish. They school and swim together almost like in the wild. They will do that with as little as three. Just with neons, or Any small fish you gotta watch your temp constantly. Need a digital therm  with a warning you can set. I like Cichlids because they are hardy. Plus smart. When my big tiger thinks he is protecting his nest he will literally knock a ping pong ball out th his tank when you toss it I . Basically plays catch. Unnamed him Babe, short for Babe Ruth. 

Yeah Dempsys can be really brutal but I was always told the electric and powder blues aren't as aggressive as the regular type.

As long as they have enough room they're usually fine with most other fish. At least fish as big as they are lol.

@The Crusher

Here is the entire tank. Actually might be a 90 gallon. I been collecting tanks for years and even do some refurbishing myself. I have a shed in backwith about 6 plus 5 set up in the house. Helps me relax. Plus Mrs Crusher finds it sexy that I have a sensitive artistic side. 

IMG_1301.JPG

That is a ******* sweet tank! Well done.

11 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Yeah Dempsys can be really brutal but I was always told the electric and powder blues aren't as aggressive as the regular type.

As long as they have enough room they're usually fine with most other fish. At least fish as big as they are lol.

@The Crusher

Get couple blue convicts. Pretty docile and actually reproduce in tanks easily. . Not platys easy but easy. One day I will tell you how Mrs Crusher turned 8 platys she bought for a tank at the youth center turned into 30+ generations and 1000s of those buggers. We had tanks for males, females, pregnant females, platys with ick, platys with pop eye. Her simple gestwr to let kids see some fish turned into Platys for days. Damn 6 years later we still got one tank with them. Platys are the cockroaches of the tropical fish world. 

20 minutes ago, Nolder said:

That is a ******* sweet tank! Well done.

Truthfully they have outgrown it. The gravel supports it but that's the clearest I can keep the water over 5 days. I gots a bigger tank. Just got to pull it down, make sure it still holds water, then miserable task of shoveling stinky gravel from one tank to another. Plus, these fish are the size, maturity and strength that makes netting them a messy process. 

6 hours ago, Nolder said:

@The Crusher

Finally got first fish for my tank. An Angelicus Botia Loach.

He's being a pussy and hiding behind the filter because I have no rocks or wood or anything in my tank right now otherwise I'd take a picture.

Here's what they look like though.

angelicus-loach-1278402832-800.jpg

Get him a colored see through tube. They need to be able tonhige to feel relaxed 

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Get him a colored see through tube. They need to be able tonhige to feel relaxed 

Will do. My tank is just gravel right now.

When I was going to sleep he came out and was burrowing into it.

The noise made me think some electrical cord was shorting out or something at first lol.

I turned the lights on and saw him run away behind the filter again.

Do you know if he's nocturnal or if I get a tube and plants and stuff will he come out during the day?

51 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Bye guys! I don't think I'll be back on JN anymore. 

22 minutes ago, Verbal said:

that dude stalking her profile and making comments - appears to have changed his name and continuing on

Did you let Crusher know?   The dude you are talking about is a strange agent.  

This fish mother****er keeps jumping into the god damn filter.

I've had to fish (lol) him out three times now.

I've lowered the water by several gallons and now I see him actually jumping out of the water and trying to climb into it.

Next time this little **** gets in there I'm leaving him there to starve.

• 2 weeks later...