The Jets are flying in under the radar.

joewilly12

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jif-Show me anywhere where the formula is stated differently. Go ahead.

Sorry to blow your mind

No, you're right and don't apologize.  This is why I like to surround myself with smart people so dumb asses like me can learn from them and stuff.

The Jets who were 6-10, were 4 games under .500.  However, hypothetically, if they won 2 more games, they'd have been .500.  It doesnt make any sense...but I dont argue with math.  Its the universal language

Yeah JiF, find some place BETTER than Wikipedia that says you aren't allowed to add games that don't exist to do the math. The Jets finished the 20 game NFL season last year at 6-10 with 4 no plays - 4 below .500! 

Yeah, thats confusing. If you were to think of it like in baseball, a team that is 6-10 is in fact only considered 2 games behind a team that is 10-10, as well as 2 games behind a team that is 8-8.   Either way, I think its fair to say the jets finished 2 games behind .500 last season. 

Every sport states it the same way 6-10 is 4 games under .500. Like it or not. 

I didn't make the rule, just following it.

But logically speaking Scott!!! How can they be 4 games under .500??? Tell me how we are getting 4 more games after a team has completed 16 games(6-10) to say they were 4 games away from being .500? Where are you getting this info from? To be correct, it has to be said they were 2 wins short of being .500....to say 4 games means they would be 10-10!!! 

But logically speaking Scott!!! How can they be 4 games under .500??? Tell me how we are getting 4 more games after a team has completed 16 games(6-10) to say they were 4 games away from being .500? Where are you getting this info from? To be correct, it has to be said they were 2 wins short of being .500....to say 4 games means they would be 10-10!!! 

They are 4 games under .500, because, according to their current record (6-10 in this case), they would need to win 4 more games to achieve that .500 mark. 

It has nothing to do with how many games are in the season, or where you are in the season relational to its end. It has nothing to do with hypothetical wins of games you lost.

It has everything to do  with how many games would you need to win, in order to be .500 (break even).

just the way it is.

Archived