So what do you guys think of Sheldon Richardson?

MizzouTigers

Couldnt be happier. He is an absolute animal and I'm betting he gives the defense a fun personality. I can't believe a guy his size can move that well on the field. He is a MLB the size of a DT. He is going to be a beast in this defense.

My opinion? Arguably the best defensive performance yesterday. He's a disrupter. I think we've finally drafted our "Warren Sapp". his first step is serious. He had 7 tackles (3 solo, 4 assisted) and a half sack. What impressed me the most is that you would expect his speed to come into play when chasing down a QB but how many times did he end up either making a play or assisting guys like Kendrick Ellis in making a play in the run game? He doesnt over run the running plays simply by trying to get to the QB. I love how he also turns his body sideways after that first step to get inbetween the defenders when double teamed. Im glad we passed on Star Lotulelei to get Sheldon. I even seen Sheldon fall back into coverage yesterday. He's the real deal, thats my opinion. 

Wilkerson is going to the probowl this year because of Sheldon, and very soon Sheldon will be going with him. 

Stats aside, Richardson will get doubled more often than not.  This is huge.

Yup! People think Wilkerson had impressive seasons in the past???? This defense is going to be so fun to watch! We have a front 4 that can now put pressure on the QB. Havent had that since the days of Kris Jenkins, and I think the D-line today is better collectively then back in 08-09

I was excited to see the Jets grab him in the draft, even though I figured most Jets fans probably didn't know anything about him, but I figured he'd quickly become a favorite as he was at Mizzou.

So, your thoughts on Big Shel after his first game?

Your right.  I follow the draft, and I really didn't envision him as being selected by the Jets.  In all honesty I was disappointed in the Jets first two picks the day of the draft.  Still not totally sold on Milliner.  Richardson IMO at least, has been a stud since the first day he walked in the door.

Think he and Big Mo are going to be the best in the business as a pair out of the base  defense

Your right.  I follow the draft, and I really didn't envision him as being selected by the Jets.  In all honesty I was disappointed in the Jets first two picks the day of the draft.  Still not totally sold on Milliner.  Richardson IMO at least, has been a stud since the first day he walked in the door.

Think he and Big Mo are going to be the best in the business as a pair out of the base  defense

I know exactly what you mean, i was banging my head on my desk screaming "offense".

At one point, in the first half - not sure on which play exactly - I noticed him drawing a triple-team. Fully occupying 2 linemen, while also I believe being hand-checked or whatever by a TE. Again, not exactly sure - but it was something they were replaying to highlight Mo Wilk, and all I noticed was Sheldon tying up like 3 dudes.

Archived