Santonio Holmes

joewilly12

For him to be successful and a playmaker on this team we need to add another WR who can stretch the field and draw some attention. Like 2009-2010 season.........Spadola great feel good story..........Gates not the answer.

Santonio Holmes (foot) played on 59 percent of the offensive snaps in Sunday's win over the Bucs.

Despite the surprisingly substantial playing time, Holmes produced just one catch for 13 yards on three targets. Stephen Hill (9), Kellen Winslow (8) and Clyde Gates (5) all saw more passes come their way. Holmes is playing a decoy role right now.

It's speculation either way. He might be at 100% or at 83% or whatever. It's not like you have a Santonio-meter that gives an accurate reading.

Yeah, ok.

You said he was 100%, just to make it look like the Holmes matchup was a challenging one for Revis.  He is not 100%.  Not in body and not in practice. The guy has a freaking bolt in his foot and like a week of semi-practice time (which I'm sure wasn't as intense as if he was physically 100%).  He also missed almost half the offensive snaps apparently, as well. 

So I should believe that everyone's lying to help suit your argument? Mmm-kay.  

Just like everyone on the Jets (through media leaks that allegedly stemmed from the organization) was lying about Revis's $16M/year demands to suit your argument for months & months.  lol

You said he was 100%, just to make it look like the Holmes matchup was a challenging one for Revis.  He is not 100%.  Not in body and not in practice.  

you don't know that anymore than I know that he is 100%. it's all unprovable. He looked like the same Santonio to me. 

you don't know that anymore than I know that he is 100%. it's all unprovable. He looked like the same Santonio to me. 

Sorry, but this is an unconvincing argument.  You are acting like it's provable that everyone is lying and your seat from the stands that tells you everything about a player, including that which defies logic.

Tell me what is the purpose of practice and training camp if a guy who hasn't played or practiced since early October (?) can just step onto the field after 1 week of glorified walk-thru practices where (if they're smart) they didn't want to overdo it with him.  Why do teams have practices and training camp? Just for the rookies? lol

Sorry, but this is an unconvincing argument.  You are acting like it's provable that everyone is lying and your seat from the stands that tells you everything about a player, including that which defies logic.

Tell me what is the purpose of practice and training camp if a guy who hasn't played or practiced since early October (?) can just step onto the field after 1 week of glorified walk-thru practices where (if they're smart) they didn't want to overdo it with him.  Why do teams have practices and training camp? Just for the rookies? lol

you are being sarcastic but yeah pretty much for the rooks and marginal guys. They don't actually need 4 preseason games. the league could reduce it to two and see no difference.  A star can roll out of bed and play the game fine. He'll probably be sore and/or rusty but a certain amount of God-given ability can trump the need to get into football shape. RG3 last night for example didn't play a single rep in preseason. 

by the way your argument is just as unconvincing as mine. The fact that Santonio said all sorts of BS to the press and then played 50 snaps, yes he was lying about being more hurt than he was. It wouldn't be the first time an NFL player or coach did so for competitive reasons. Bill Belichek does it every week.

you are being sarcastic but yeah pretty much for the rooks and marginal guys. They don't actually need 4 preseason games. the league could reduce it to two and see no difference.  A star can roll out of bed and play the game fine. He'll probably be sore and/or rusty but a certain amount of God-given ability can trump the need to get into football shape. 

Amazing that teams risk using any starters in any pre-season games.  You know, because they don't need the practice or reps and all.  Try selling that.

you are being sarcastic but yeah pretty much for the rooks and marginal guys. They don't actually need 4 preseason games. the league could reduce it to two and see no difference.  A star can roll out of bed and play the game fine. He'll probably be sore and/or rusty but a certain amount of God-given ability can trump the need to get into football shape. RG3 last night for example didn't play a single rep in preseason. 

by the way your argument is just as unconvincing as mine. The fact that Santonio said all sorts of BS to the press and then played 50 snaps, yes he was lying about being more hurt than he was. It wouldn't be the first time an NFL player or coach did so for competitive reasons. Bill Belichek does it every week.

A star can roll out of bed and play the game fine.

Tell that to RG3- he certainly showed the rust from not playing  in a real pre season game.

I'd like someone to name all these times "a star" has shown the ability to get surgery on a major part of his body - one required for him to be the player he is - then go through >6 months of rehab, and then jump right into a regular-season game with maybe 1 week of light practice (including no pre-season game action), AND immediately perform just like he does at his very best.  

Another made-up lie of nonsense that this is somehow commonplace enough to make this assertion.  I can't think of one time it's happened off-hand, let alone enough times to form a proof-positive opinion on it.

I'd like someone to name all these times "a star" has shown the ability to get surgery on a major part of his body - one required for him to be the player he is - then go through >6 months of rehab, and then jump right into a regular-season game with maybe 1 week of light practice (including no pre-season game action), AND immediately perform just like he does at his very best.  

Another made-up lie of nonsense that this is somehow commonplace enough to make this assertion.  I can't think of one time it's happened off-hand, let alone enough times to form a proof-positive opinion on it.

how about terrell owens in the super bowl? played with a broken leg 6 weeks into a 10 week rehab, pins and screws etc. 

Not everyone can do it. The player has to have a large reserve of talent to pull it off. 

as for RG3, he threw 30-49 for 329 2 TD and 2 INt not a bad night. Alfred Morris had all preseason he still fumbled. Again it's all speculation, neither one of us can prove our hypotheticals. 

how about terrell owens in the super bowl? played with a broken leg 6 weeks into a 10 week rehab, pins and screws etc. 

Not everyone can do it. The player has to have a large reserve of talent to pull it off. 

as for RG3, he threw 30-49 for 329 2 TD and 2 INt not a bad night. Alfred Morris had all preseason he still fumbled. Again it's all speculation, neither one of us can prove our hypotheticals. 

Owens had just played some weeks earlier.  He played most of the season.  He was there for a full training camp.  He didn't need to - as Holmes put it - basically re-learn how to walk again.  Holmes' injury was far worse.  

Holmes hasn't played in almost a year.  Also a broken leg is an injury everyone comes back from.  How many speed-guys come back from a Lisfranc injury (a bad one) and then step right onto the field as good as they ever were.

Neither RGIII was 100% of his prior self last night nor was TO 100% of his prior self in the SB.

You should really stop responding to these.

Your middle school taught you to round up rather liberally. He played 44 snaps, braj.

Actually, Sperm has provided evidence that supports his claim, you've simply chosen to dismiss it.  Holmes was seriously injured, this is not a hypothetical, this is a fact.  He had not played a single snap of football in over 11 months; again, another fact.  He was also not cleared to even practice until two weeks ago.  I will however agree that your position is pure speculation.

You seem to think if you dismiss something someone says that it shouldn't count for anything, or if you simply say something it should be considered to have merit to it, but most folks around here are looking for a little more than your word to be convinced.

Actually, Sperm has provided evidence that supports his claim, you've simply chosen to dismiss it.  Holmes was seriously injured, this is not a hypothetical, this is a fact.  He had not played a single snap of football in over 11 months; again, another fact.  He was also not cleared to even practice until two weeks ago.  I will however agree that your position is pure speculation.

all of those facts are nullified when he played 59 snaps on Sunday. 

FWIW - MoJo Drew suffering from the same injury who actually got some playing time in the pre-season.  Looked slow and like he lost a step in week 1. Definitely wasnt the MoJo Drew we've all seen in the past. 

FWIW - MoJo Drew suffering from the same injury who actually got some playing time in the pre-season.  Looked slow and like he lost a step in week 1. Definitely wasnt the MoJo Drew we've all seen in the past. 

Of course.  And MJD didn't roll right out of bed onto the field or any such nonsense.  The guy participated in pre-season practices and games.  He was not 100% and neither was Holmes. Whether either of them ever will be again is speculative.  I can't think of any playmaker-position guy who has had that type of injury and come back 100% again, let alone with no training camp and maybe a handful of light practices.  

Holmes may be (and is) all kinds of a douchebag, but I would need some concrete proof to believe that he was just as much in playing shape and individually had just as much production-potential on Sunday as he was in his non-injured prime in past years.  The suggestion is absurd.

Archived