This Adam "Pacman" Jones.

TechJet

Isn't that pretty minor, disorderly conduct?

It's not like he's dragging a chick by the hair across a stage at a strip club and then beating her or anything.

He's slowly heading in the right direction.

Yes, it's a step. Plus, I've recently seen some pretty egregious police actions gone viral recently, so let's hold off on convicting him just yet.

Isn't that pretty minor, disorderly conduct?

It's not like he's dragging a chick by the hair across a stage at a strip club and then beating her or anything.

He's slowly heading in the right direction.

yes! slowly but surely in the right direction.

Bengals' Pacman Jones cited

Updated: September 24, 2013, 1:34 PM ET

ESPN.com news services

Recommend183

Pacman Cited For Disorderly Conduct

Ed Werder discusses Adam "Pacman" Jones' citation for disorderly conduct following a traffic stop.Tags: Adam Jones,  Adam "Pacman" Jones,  Disorderly Conduct,  Ed Werder,  SportsCenter

This story has been corrected. Read below.

CINCINNATI -- Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was accused by police of making offensive comments while drunk during a traffic stop early Monday and was given a disorderly conduct citation.

Jones, who has had a spate of legal troubles, was issued a citation around 2:30 a.m. after the vehicle he was in was pulled over for driving 60 mph in a 45 mph zone on a highway in Cincinnati, State Patrol Lt. Anne Ralston said.

It was originally reported that Jones was arrested; however, in Ohio police officers are directed to issue citations for minor misdemeanors unless the offender needs medical care, can't verify identity or won't sign the citation. A police report obtained by ESPN shows that Jones was issued a citation for disorderly conduct.

The driver was cited for driving under the influence. Both charges are misdemeanors. Jones and the driver were released and have court hearings set for Friday.

[+] EnlargePacman Jones

Kirby Lee/Image of Sport/USA TODAY SportsBengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones is again in trouble with the law after being cited for disorderly conduct Monday.

Jones' agent and his attorney did not immediately return phone calls seeking comment Monday.

The Bengals are aware of the incident but have no plans to address it publicly at this time.

"As with most situations of this nature, it would be inappropriate for the team to comment until the matter is resolved through normal legal channels," a team spokesman said.

Ralston said Jones said something during the traffic stop that was "likely to be offensive or to cause inconvenience, annoyance or alarm to persons of ordinary sensibilities."

Jones was arrested on an assault charge in June after being accused of hitting a woman at a nightclub. He has pleaded not guilty and is awaiting trial.

Jones also was arrested in July 2011, when he was accused of being disorderly, shouting profanities and trying to pull away as officers arrested him at a downtown bar.

As part of an agreement to settle that case, Jones pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct and was sentenced to one year of probation and 50 hours of community service.

Last year, Jones was ordered to pay $11 million to two Las Vegas strip club employees injured in 2007 when a gunman claiming he was doing Jones' bidding opened fire outside the club after Jones and his entourage were kicked out. A club manager was paralyzed from the waist down, and a bouncer was wounded.

Jones said he had no role in the shootings and pleaded an equivalent of no contest to misdemeanor conspiracy to commit disorderly conduct. The gunman is serving four to 10 years in prison.

Jones was the sixth overall draft pick in 2005 but repeatedly had off-field issues with his team, the Tennessee Titans, resulting in suspensions. He missed the 2007 season on suspension and sat out the 2009 season when no team was interested in him.

The Bengals gave Jones another chance, and he has taken advantage of it, developing into their third cornerback and punt returner.

Earlier Monday afternoon, before news of Jones' arrest hit, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis and defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer were singing the seven-year veteran's praises. On Sunday, Jones bounced back from an abdominal injury to play in Cincinnati's 34-30 win over the Green Bay Packers. He made four tackles.

"He was sore last week with the abdomen, but he knew it was a big football game, a big opportunity for him and our football team, and he had to play big," Lewis said. "He did a good job."

Zimmer said the performance was among Jones' best since joining the Bengals.

"That may be his best game he's played since he's been here," Zimmer said. "He's played some good games, but that may have been his best one."

Jones, who turns 30 next Monday, may have been celebrating his birthday earlier in the night. At some point Sunday night, he posted a photo from a party to his Instagram and Twitter accounts.

A Sept. 23 story on ESPN.com incorrectly stated that Adam "Pacman" Jones was arrested. He was cited for disorderly conduct. Ohio police officers are directed to issue citations for minor misdemeanors and only to arrest under specific circumstances.

Information from ESPN.com's Coley Harvey and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

I'd sign him.

KO returns, punt return, utility DB.

Who cares if he curses at cops

This guy is worse than I thought.

In 2007 a gunman opened fire at employees in a nightclub which just kicked Pacman & entourage out. The gunman claimed he was directed to do so by Pacman. Two employees were injured, one paralyzed from the waist down.

They were unable to prove it in criminal court so he pled guilty to minor charges.  But if he wasn't guilty, why was he paying $11 million from the civil case?

I thought beating the chick at the club was bad enough, but this guy has whole depths of lousy I never knew about.

cited? arrested? whats the difference. you still gotta go to court

You don't go to jail.  Big difference

same thing except for the free ride and finger print

It might not even be considered a crime. In NY there are felonies (punishable by over a year) misdemeanors (punishable by less than a year) and violations which are equivalent to a traffic ticket.  General stuff like loitering, disorderly conduct, possession of a small amount of weed, etc.  If you are charged with a violation you can honestly say that you have never been charged with a crime on a polygraph etc. I had a client who every few years would try to get me to expunge his "criminal record" (almost impossible in NYS) and he didn't even have one.  Just went to court on a violation when he was in college. Every time I would send him a letter explaining it and a few years later he'd bust my balls again.

It might not even be considered a crime. In NY there are felonies (punishable by over a year) misdemeanors (punishable by less than a year) and violations which are equivalent to a traffic ticket.  General stuff like loitering, disorderly conduct, possession of a small amount of weed, etc.  If you are charged with a violation you can honestly say that you have never been charged with a crime on a polygraph etc. I had a client who every few years would try to get me to expunge his "criminal record" (almost impossible in NYS) and he didn't even have one.  Just went to court on a violation when he was in college. Every time I would send him a letter explaining it and a few years later he'd bust my balls again.

Good info thanks.

It seems having a criminal record is only harmful to those who have truly gotten straightened out. They are the ones who will be turned down for job after job.Career street criminals could care less, they arent applying for jobs and perps with lots of money wont be affected either. Pacman will be broke someday and probably will be a menace to society. Sounds like he is a sociopath.

Your right, but the damn things continue to show up on back ground checks non the less

This guy is worse than I thought.

In 2007 a gunman opened fire at employees in a nightclub which just kicked Pacman & entourage out. The gunman claimed he was directed to do so by Pacman. Two employees were injured, one paralyzed from the waist down.

They were unable to prove it in criminal court so he pled guilty to minor charges.  But if he wasn't guilty, why was he paying $11 million from the civil case?

I thought beating the chick at the club was bad enough, but this guy has whole depths of lousy I never knew about.

The Mexican guy who cuts my grass is  a gang banger, who shot a guy 8 years ago.  Served 4. he does a nice job on my lawn at a good price.

What do I care?

The Mexican guy who cuts my grass is  a gang banger, who shot a guy 8 years ago.  Served 4. he does a nice job on my lawn at a good price.

What do I care?

Depends who you shoot to determine how much time you do. Must have shot another gangbanger in which case he should be commended. Maybe they taught him how to cut grass in the joint.

Wouldnt trust someone like that at my house or anyones house with a good looking wife or daughters.

Depends who you shoot to determine how much time you do. Must have shot another gangbanger in which case he should be commended. Maybe they taught him how to cut grass in the joint.

Wouldnt trust someone like that at my house or anyones house with a good looking wife or daughters.

At the time it happened he told me he was 16

Madalyn Murray O'Hair, her daughter and her son were kidnapped, extorted, ransomed, then killed and dismembered by an ex-convict long-time employee with violent crimes in his background.  Shortly after, the ex-con and one his accomplices in the crime killed and dismembered the other accomplice.

She was certainly a controversial figure, but not really the point here.  Violent ex-cons around the house......

Archived