I like Geno

DRJETS

You can't argue with that logic because it's not logical. 

there's evidence. there's preseason. and there last week, even in garbage time he was more in control of the offense than Geno.

You guys can't actually defend Geno so you'll attack me. Im not the one throwing interceptions every game. 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Jets have been wrong before.  

Yes, in the past they were.  If the same people were still in control calling the shots, then perhaps I'd be inclined to find your position reasonable, and possibly even agree with you.  The problem is, aside from possibly Rex, the same people aren't in control.  With Rex's job on the line, why in the world would he not start the QB who gives him the best chance of winning?  The Jets haven't been wrong with Idzik, Mornhinweg and Lee calling the shots.  That's the HUGE difference.  Until they prove themselves unworthy, why not give them the benefit of the doubt?  Both Lee and Mornhinweg are greatly respected in the NFL and we've seen the excellent job that they've done with the Jets' offense and with Geno.

classic signs of a conspiracy theorist:

http://www.urban75.org/info/conspiraloons.html

1. Arrogance.

2. Relentlessness.

3. Inability to answer questions.

4. Fondness for certain stock phrases.

5. Inability to employ or understand Occam's Razor.

6. Inability to tell good evidence from bad.

7. Inability to withdraw.

8. Leaping to conclusions.

9. Using previous conspiracies as evidence to support their claims.

10. It's always a conspiracy.

roflmao

there's evidence. there's preseason. and there last week, even in garbage time he was more in control of the offense than Geno.

You guys can't actually defend Geno so you'll attack me. Im not the one throwing interceptions every game. 

C'mon. Simms' preseason performance against the Little Sisters of the Poor in the preseason is proof of nothing and you know it. Neither is his performance on Sunday. 

You need to warm to the FACT that there is a REASON Simms has never seriously been considered as the starting QB of the NYJ. 

C'mon. Simms' preseason performance against the Little Sisters of the Poor in the preseason is proof of nothing and you know it. Neither is his performance on Sunday. 

You need to warm to the FACT that there is a REASON Simms has never seriously been considered as the starting QB of the NYJ. 

he was considered

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/9/15/4735182/jets-rumor-support-for-starting-matt-simms-in-organization

Since Geno was benched in favor of Matt Simms, when Geno takes the field on Sunday vs. the Saints as the starter, does that mean that Matt Simms has officially been benched for Geno???????

Take that.  Chew on it.  Think about it for a second.  I'll be around if you have questions.  I know you will.

classic signs of a conspiracy theorist:

http://www.urban75.org/info/conspiraloons.html

1. Arrogance.

2. Relentlessness.

3. Inability to answer questions.

4. Fondness for certain stock phrases.

5. Inability to employ or understand Occam's Razor.

6. Inability to tell good evidence from bad.

7. Inability to withdraw.

8. Leaping to conclusions.

9. Using previous conspiracies as evidence to support their claims.

10. It's always a conspiracy.

potw

IDK but couldnt it be possible that Simms isnt the best qb in the roster Bit?  Last year people were swearing that the only reason that Sanchez started wasnt because he was the best QB on the roster but due to the fact that Rex was loyal and/or Tanny had to justify Sanchez extension.  Now this year some of the same people are saying that Geno is the starter because _________?  I say it is because he is the best QB on the roster.  Good enough for me since the entire team/organization sees all of these guys a lot more than we do.  Unless of course Idzik is giving the order since Idzik drafted this kid in the 2nd rd(see tannenbaum above).

Since Geno was benched in favor of Matt Simms, when Geno takes the field on Sunday vs. the Saints as the starter, does that mean that Matt Simms has officially been benched for Geno???????

Take that.  Chew on it.  Think about it for a second.  I'll be around if you have questions.  I know you will.

Mind = blown.

last Sunday was Geno Smith's worst game of the season.  I don't think it's crazy to ask if he's really learning/improving, or if he's really the best man for the job. You guys point all these arguments back at me, like Im the one throwing interceptions. His play speaks for itself. 

last Sunday was Geno Smith's worst game of the season.  I don't think it's crazy to ask if he's really learning/improving, or if he's really the best man for the job. You guys point all these arguments back at me, like Im the one throwing interceptions. His play speaks for itself. 

If you want to consider it his worst game as a pro- bet my guest. But the QB wasnt the reason we lost. We lost that game before it even started. 

If you want to consider it his worst game as a pro- bet my guest. But the QB wasnt the reason we lost. We lost that game before it even started. 

it's not me personally that's considering it his worst game. It was his worst game. But the theme is that he's learning and improving and heck we even like him. I like him too actually. He's a good prospect that is in the process of being ruined. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/28/refo-jets-bengals-week-8/

Sunday was Geno Smith’s worst game as a pro as poor decisions proved costly. He threw two interceptions that were returned for touchdowns, though he receives varying degrees of blame for both. The first interception was the first play from scrimmage in the second half as Smith tried to hit WR Jeremy Kerley on an out route from the slot. As he delivered the ball, slot CB Chris Crocker broke hard on the pass and outmuscled Kerley who had slowed down on his route. Now a well-run route doesn’t ensure a positive play for the Jets as the throw was still forced and Crocker likely had a play on the ball either way, but the pick-six is not solely on Smith. The second interception, on the other hand, is on the rookie quarterback who made the mistake of throwing late and across the field. Given over three seconds in the pocket with 13:24 to go in the game, Smith threw to the left sideline well after his initial reads were over. CB Adam Jones made the break on the ill-advised pass to give the Bengals their seventh and final touchdown. That pass proved to be Smith’s last of the day to conclude an outing that saw him complete only one of more than 10 yards while forcing too many throws in to coverage, beyond just the interceptions.

down 14-0 the Jets D came up with a GL stand. Then, still 14-0, the Jets D had an interception and put the ball on the CIN 30. It wasn't over with 11 mins to go in the 2nd quarter, down 14 points. The pats were down 17-0 before they eventually won by 10. Saying it was over before it started is a story we tell ourselves. 

How was it his worst game?  He completed 66% of his passes (or something like that with no rushing attack.  One of the pick 6s was on Kerley for running the wrong route, and on the other Nelson didn't even fight the ball.  He comes back for the pass, knocks it down or fights for the ball, and it's quite likely a different story.

Conversely, he had games earlier where he had a safety, fumbled the ball made really bad throws that led to picks and completed a lower percentage of his passes (under 60%).  You're so blinded by your disdain for him, that you can't even think rationally any more.

How was it his worst game?  He completed 66% of his passes (or something like that with no rushing attack.  One of the pick 6s was on Kerley for running the wrong route, and on the other Nelson didn't even fight the ball.  He comes back for the pass, knocks it down or fights for the ball, and it's quite likely a different story.

Conversely, he had games earlier where he had a safety, fumbled the ball made really bad throws that led to picks and completed a lower percentage of his passes (under 60%).  You're so blinded by your disdain for him, that you can't even think rationally any more.

check post 127 this was literally Geno's worst game, as graded by PFF. I do think it's interesting that we are bringing up safeties, fumbles, and the adventures in his other games. Maybe instead of asking me why I don't like him I should be asking you why you do? since we can't even agree which awful game was his worst of the season. 

down 14-0 the Jets D came up with a GL stand. Then, still 14-0, the Jets D had an interception and put the ball on the CIN 30. It wasn't over with 11 mins to go in the 2nd quarter, down 14 points. The pats were down 17-0 before they eventually won by 10. Saying it was over before it started is a story we tell ourselves.

Comparing a rookie QB on the road to Brady at home is fair.

Brady looked real good against the Bengals. 

Look at the personnel. That was JV vs Varsity, on both sides of the football.

check post 127 this was literally Geno's worst game, as graded by PFF. I do think it's interesting that we are bringing up safeties, fumbles, and the adventures in his other games. Maybe instead of asking me why I don't like him I should be asking you why you do? since we can't even agree which awful game was his worst of the season.

Most people are taking a wait and see approach which is pretty normal when evaluating a rookie who's had his ups and downs w a poor cast of skilled players around him mid way through the year...as it would take some kind of egomaniac to think they already have it figured out.

Bit has been unfairly harsh towards:  Geno Smith, Brian Winters.

Bit has given extreme latitude for failure to:  Vernon Gholston, Dewayne Robertson, Vlad Ducasse.

He's totes smart yo.  Geno is a total bust after 8 games because.  Let's put in Garrard.

Bit has been unfairly harsh towards:  Geno Smith, Brian Winters.

Bit has given extreme latitude for failure to:  Vernon Gholston, Dewayne Robertson, Vlad Ducasse.

He's totes smart yo.  Geno is a total bust after 8 games because.  Let's put in Garrard.

I've learned from my mistakes. Just cause we hope a guy is good doesn't make him good. 

Archived