F The Fish Thread

neckdemon

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight game is another example that anything can happens, ANY GIVEN DAY in Football.  I mean to have this bastard, Dayton play a perfect game against us on Sunday when he was putting all his ball in the receivers' hand without putting any effort and then to have the worst game of his life against the fish, overthrowing and underthrowing receivers all night is simply mind bugling. 

its not mind boggling. there's a reason why teams always look their best against us. we're not that good

Well if there is one thing I learned last night is that the Jets defense is WAYYYYYYYYY overated.

They're not as good as some would make them out to be, and def not as bad as ppl here make them out to be. Solid up front, with struggles in Secondary. If they can address that and the front 7 keep getting better they could be a very good D. Against most teams they are a top 5-10 D, they just can't compete with teams that have 3+ weapons on O. Especially a good #1 WR who will burn Cro. Hate to say it, but this team as is would be so much better with Revis instead of Cro. Damn greedy bastard.

Well if there is one thing I learned last night is that the Jets defense is WAYYYYYYYYY overated.

Lol - I dont think you can look at the game this way and compare from game to game.  Plus, those short week turnarounds for the road team usually isnt bad news. 

Dalton was on fire vs. the Jets.  He was terrible vs. the Dolphags.  There wasnt much the Dolphags were doing that was forcing his errand throws.  He was just terrible.  It happens.  

Jet defense is simple to explain. Top notch defensive line, which, if you can neutralize, they have nothing else going for them.

I think you're selling Harris and Davis a bit short.

This.  Saying, "they have nothing else going for them" is typical dramatic Jets fan b.s. 

Davis and Harris are very good.  Barnes looked like a great as a situational pass rusher before getting hurt.

I think Allen improving big time is good thing for the D.  

Really the problem is the corners and Landry.  Everything else is very solid. 

Lol - I dont think you can look at the game this way and compare from game to game. Plus, those short week turnarounds for the road team usually isnt bad news.

Dalton was on fire vs. the Jets. He was terrible vs. the Dolphags. There wasnt much the Dolphags were doing that was forcing his errand throws. He was just terrible. It happens.

Errant

This. Saying, "they have nothing else going for them" is typical dramatic Jets fan b.s.

Davis and Harris are very good. Barnes looked like a great as a situational pass rusher before getting hurt.

Really the problem is the corners and Landry. Everything else is very solid.

Also, no. Opposing QBs are routinely putting up 100 ratings against the defense because the defense is overrated. The corners are playing soft because the safeties are bad, and the overall team speed of the defense is pitiable. Receivers can run anywhere they want uncontested, and Milliner and Cromartie are constantly in chase positions, which is how neither one wants to play.

Also, no. Opposing QBs are routinely putting up 100 ratings against the defense because the defense is overrated. The corners are playing soft because the safeties are bad, and the overall team speed of the defense is pitiable. Receivers can run anywhere they want uncontested, and Milliner and Cromartie are constantly in chase positions, which is how neither one wants to play.

Oh yes, the defense is so overrated. Just ask any NFL analyst in the world, I'm sure they'll agree with you there. :sign0103-1:

Lol - I dont think you can look at the game this way and compare from game to game.  Plus, those short week turnarounds for the road team usually isnt bad news. 

Dalton was on fire vs. the Jets.  He was terrible vs. the Dolphags.  There wasnt much the Dolphags were doing that was forcing his errand throws.  He was just terrible.  It happens.  

Why not ? We do it with Geno every week. :)

Miami was able to get to the QB last night and make Dalton uncomfortable, something the Jets had no luck doing Sunday. When the Jets don't get to the QB, the secondary is not good enough right now to make a play.

I'm not pissed about it. It is going to happen. This is a young team that is rebuilding. I know people don't want to hear that word but when you lose your starting RB, TE, D-lineman, Bart and 3 quarters of your secondary you are not gong to be very good. The Jets have done a good job in replacing the likes of Bart, DeVito, and Pouha. The jury is still out on Ivory in my eyes. Winslow and Cumberland have done a decent job replacing Keller, and the replacements for Revis, Bell, Landry have not gotten the job done.

If they get to 8 I will be happy. 

Errant

You're so good to me.

Oh right, its got nothing to do with the players on the other team.  You're ******* clueless.

How has Brady done vs. the Jets this season?

Why not ? We do it with Geno every week. :)

Miami was able to get to the QB last night and make Dalton uncomfortable, something the Jets had no luck doing Sunday. When the Jets don't get to the QB, the secondary is not good enough right now to make a play.

I'm not pissed about it. It is going to happen. This is a young team that is rebuilding. I know people don't want to hear that word but when you lose your starting RB, TE, D-lineman, Bart and 3 quarters of your secondary you are not gong to be very good. The Jets have done a good job in replacing the likes of Bart, DeVito, and Pouha. The jury is still out on Ivory in my eyes. Winslow and Cumberland have done a decent job replacing Keller, and the replacements for Revis, Bell, Landry have not gotten the job done.

If they get to 8 I will be happy. 

I dont.  Irrational fans do.

Short week, on the road, the Dolphags were on a 4 game losing streak and they played well.   That said, I dont think the Dolphags did anything spectacular to make Dalton play that bad.  He was way off, even when they werent bringing the heat.  Meanwhile, they ran rampant on the Dolphags. 

Thats the NFL.  Teams can look completely different week to week.  You're a Jets fan, you should know this.

You're so good to me.

Oh right, its got nothing to do with the players on the other team. You're ******* clueless.

How has Brady done vs. the Jets this season?

I dont. Irrational fans do.

Short week, on the road, the Dolphags were on a 4 game losing streak and they brought it last night. I dont think the Dolphags did anything spectacular to make Dalton play that bad. He was way off, even when they werent bringing the heat. Meanwhile, they ran rampant on the Dolphags.

Thats the NFL. Teams can look completely different week to week. You're a Jets fan, you should know this.

Amazingly, Cro and Milliner and Wilson were able to stay with hyperscrubs Aaron Dobson and Some Other Dude in off coverage.

#NotRex'sFault

#RexGetsCreditForThisThough

You and Tom make everything about Rex.  Not me.  

The Jets got smoked last week.  Rex is to blame.  No doubt.  But he's large and probably out of shape so I'm assuming he cant play corner.

If the Dolphags defense is soooooooo great and soooooo much better than the Jets, then how did the squander a 17 point lead vs. the Patriots last week?  Why did they let Brady complete over %50 and throw a TD?  The Jets didnt.  REX RYAN!!!??!!!

Please, players play differently week to week.  The Jets got Dalton and that offense on their A game.  The Dolphags didnt.  Yes, sometimes its that simple.

Brees threw for 414 and 4 TD's vs. the Dolphags.  The Saints offense scored 38pts...no help from the D.  Great defense those Dolphags, right?  They also lost to Thad Lewis.  lol

But, please, you guys do your thing.  Its cute. 

You and Tom make everything about Rex. Not me.

The Jets got smoked last week. Rex is to blame. No doubt. But he's large and probably out of shape so I'm assuming he cant play corner.

If the Dolphags defense is soooooooo great and soooooo much better than the Jets, then how did the squander a 17 point lead vs. the Patriots last week? Why did they let Brady complete over %50 and throw a TD? The Jets didnt. REX RYAN!!!??!!!

Please, players play differently week to week. The Jets got Dalton and that offense on their A game. The Dolphags didnt. Yes, sometimes its that simple.

Brees threw for 414 and 4 TD's vs. the Dolphags. The Saints offense scored 38pts...no help from the D. Great defense those Dolphags, right? They also lost to Thad Lewis. lol

But, please, you guys do your thing. Its cute.

What does Rex do consistently well?

This. Saying, "they have nothing else going for them" is typical dramatic Jets fan b.s.

Davis and Harris are very good. Barnes looked like a great as a situational pass rusher before getting hurt.

Really the problem is the corners and Landry. Everything else is very solid.

Good players or not, they are ILBs who unless they are superstars, aren't big time impact players. Point being, the defense is kind of a one trick pony right now. It's a good trick, but if it doesn't work, we are liable to get abused.

Rex fanboys are completely incapable of looking at him objectively. You're like a bunch of white girls talking about how great an actress Julia Roberts is.

I have admitted many times he has a lot to learn as a HC.  But Jets fans are so used to replacing our coaches every 5 years many don't realize we actually have a good one.  He got us to the same point as Bill Parcells....twice....with a bunch of clowns running the organization.  (Typical anti-Rex response:  "LULZ WAT TROPHY YOU GET FOR THAT???")

For all his bluster, he's gotten this current roster to over-achieve big-time.  Just as he got a team with the worst 4-year starting QB in league history to over-achieve in an almost completely QB-driven league.  Yet because he signed on to that QB (partly his fault) and didn't have an alternate option at QB (not at all his fault) the anti-Rex crowd says he sucks.

We got blown out by Cincy last week because of lack of talent.  Not poor coaching.  The only area on the field where we have good talent is on the Defensive Line.  Everywhere else we are mediocre or worse. 

However, in the games where it's been close this season, we've come out on top 4 out of 5 times.  That speaks to good coaching.  When you have a substandard roster yet are winning the close ones, it's good coaching.  Unlike say, the Panthers, who have all the talent in the world and sometimes blow people out, yet when it comes down to close games, they almost always seem to be on the losing side.  That's poor coaching.

I have admitted many times he has a lot to learn as a HC.  But Jets fans are so used to replacing our coaches every 5 years many don't realize we actually have a good one.  He got us to the same point as Bill Parcells....twice....with a bunch of clowns running the organization.

For all his bluster, he's gotten this current roster to over-achieve big-time.  Just as he got a team with the worst 4-year starting QB in league history to over-achieve in an almost completely QB-driven league.  Yet because he signed on to that QB (partly his fault) and didn't have an alternate option at QB (not at all his fault) the anti-Rex crowd says he sucks.

He's a JAG coach imo. There are the really good ones....a ton of JAG's and then the few awful ones. For as much as we've invested in defense and for how much Rex believes in defense first...it just isnt good enough. 

He'll probably be back next year....but this team better be a legit contender next season with a top 3 defense.

Rex fanboys are completely incapable of looking at him objectively. You're like a bunch of white girls talking about how great an actress Julia Roberts is.

Right, yet I'm the one admitting that the Bengals loss was on him.

Keep it coming though.  You're amusing. 

Good players or not, they are ILBs who unless they are superstars, aren't big time impact players. Point being, the defense is kind of a one trick pony right now. It's a good trick, but if it doesn't work, we are liable to get abused.

In this defense, ILB are impact players.  And while Davis and Harris arent superstars, they make a huge impact on the defense.  They're both fixtures in this D, assuming Harris restructures. 

He's a JAG coach imo. There are the really good ones....a ton of JAG's and then the few awful ones. For as much as we've invested in defense and for how much Rex believes in defense first...it just isnt good enough. 

He'll probably be back next year....but this team better be a legit contender next season with a top 3 defense.

He's starting 7 news players on defense.

Jesus.  

lol

Archived