Two wizened Jets fans jump on the Bevell Train: How to fix the Jets

T0mShane

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's as good as Kaepernick though and he's only a redshirted sophomore. Give him time and he's gonna be solid. Plus, he was playing great till he sprained his lcl or whatever the hell he sprained in his knee.

He is young. His accuracy is horrible. Its really, really bad outside the pocket. Possible he gets better though.

If you don't like those guys, what about Fales, Mettenberger, Boyd, Carr, McCarron, Murray, and Bridgewater. Hell, some people are even saying Mannion.

Mannion might be the best of the bunch. Murray reminds me of Alex Smith. I want no part of anyone in the Carr family. Boyd is total trash. McCarron is the next Pennington. This draft may set the record for most back up QB's in draft history.

Mannion might be the best of the bunch. Murray reminds me of Alex Smith. I want no part of anyone in the Carr family. Boyd is total trash. McCarron is the next Pennington. This draft may set the record for most back up QB's in draft history.

Boyd is a better version of Geno. Bridgewater's going 1st overall and looks solid, if he can stay healthy he should be good. Manziel's size is my main concern. Carr's older brother sucked, but he played on a sh*t texans team. He got slaughter out their. Also, Carson Palmer's brother sucks and Carson Palmer was pretty good before he got hurt.

Tannenbaum sucked.

Rex sucks.

When leadership sucks, the product sucks. Suck suck sucks.

For the 10th time already, that makes no sense.  How can any team with a terrible GM, terrible coach and terrible QB have a 4 year stretch where they're above .500? GM, coach, QB.... three most important things.

For the 10th time already, that makes no sense. How can any team with a terrible GM, terrible coach and terrible QB have a 4 year stretch where they're above .500? GM, coach, QB.... three most important things.

In the two most recent years of that stretch, we're 11-16.

Boyd is a better version of Geno. Bridgewater's going 1st overall and looks solid, if he can stay healthy he should be good. Manziel's size is my main concern. Carr's older brother sucked, but he played on a sh*t texans team. He got slaughter out their. Also, Carson Palmer's brother sucks and Carson Palmer was pretty good before he got hurt.

I don't like Boyds delivery or release point. Bridgewater seems to be the safest at this point. We agree on Manziel. Also I would add that he plays out of control. Kind of reminds me of a Jeff Garcia. You make a good comparison between the Carr's and the Palmer's. 

For the 10th time already, that makes no sense. How can any team with a terrible GM, terrible coach and terrible QB have a 4 year stretch where they're above .500? GM, coach, QB.... three most important things.

Bobby Ross went to the Super Bowl with Stan Humphries. Best coach, or Greatest Of All Coaches?

I honestly don't know that that is not true. 

Of all the great coaches in NFL history, the only one who ever got it done on a championship level without a great QB was Joe Gibbs. 

Paul Brown had Otto Graham. 

Weeb Ewbank had Johnny Unitas and Joe Namath.

Don Shula had Bob Griese. (Marino doesn't count - No championships. All Marino does is to prove how overrated Shula is.)

Chuck Noll had Terry Bradshaw.

Walsh had Montana.

Jimmy Johnson had Troy Aikman. 

Belichick has Brady. 

Gibbs is literally the only guy that bucks that trend. You can get lucky and win once with an average QB and an all-time defense like Billick and Gruden did. But Gibbs won three with nothing more than Theismann (who was only slightly above average at best,) Doug Williams/Jay Shraeder, and Mark Rypien. 

He is the ONLY coach ever mentioned among the all-time greats (Warfish's hatred of him notwithstanding) that is not inextricably linked to an all-time great QB.

True then FACT now. All you chuckle heads are screaming about the head coach choice and it's only a piece of the puzzle. I do agreed Rex has out stayed his welcome but the biggest effect of him leaving will be the defense will get worse. How much worse is yet to be seen. If we get a coach and not a serious upgrade in QB talent well we will be talking about this again in four years. ITS A QB LEAGUE!!

I can see how that sort of incoherent prattle would appeal to someone of your massive intellect. Can you interpret this for me, please?

"Darrell Bevell is like a man playing rock-paper-scissors, but with Seattle's superior talent he has a "cheat": his rock crushes an opponent's rock. Over the course of many plays, this cheat should guarantee victory. But if you keep calling rock, eventually a smart guy like Jeff Fisher is going to call nothing but paper and hand you your ass."

Went and did a lil' research to counter the vast amount of message board science being presented here. With Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin (I guess?) being referred to as the "massive amount of talent" that Bevell has to work with, and with all five OL starters missing multiple weeks with injuries, the Seahawks offense...

Has scored the fourth most overall points in the league!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPoints

Has the second highest scoring average in the league!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame

Has second year player Russell Wilson maintaining a 105 rating!

http://www.nfl.com/teams/seattleseahawks/statistics?team=SEA

Is ranked sixth in offensive efficiency!

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff

Is ranked 4th in giveaways!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/givetake/sort/giveTotal/order/false

I know that none of these verifiable stats can stand up to the scrutiny of someone like icon0clast6, who offers this incisive analysis on known arbiter of scientific knowledge, Reddit:

Wheres my damn trick plays, like the one where Wilson tossed it to Tate and Tate bombed it to Sidney. Dammit.

so tom, does the great and powerful bevell make any of those rookie QB's worth drafting if we hire him ?

or will they all suck unless they are coached by bevell ?

or will they suck no matter who is coaching them ?

Bevell, and his magic underpants will make everyone better.

T0m swearzzzzzz.

so tom, does the great and powerful bevell make any of those rookie QB's worth drafting if we hire him ?

or will they all suck unless they are coached by bevell ?

or will they suck no matter who is coaching them ?

Larz, I'm glad you asked. The person who benefits most from hiring Bevell? Geno Smith! Watch any Seahawks game and picture Geno running those plays--sprintouts, play-action, from the spread, and then picture Chris Ivory in the Marshawn Lynch role. Larz, the pieces are already here (minus two wideouts)!!!

Larz, I'm glad you asked. The person who benefits most from hiring Bevell? Geno Smith! Watch any Seahawks game and picture Geno running those plays--sprintouts, play-action, from the spread, and then picture Chris Ivory in the Marshawn Lynch role. Larz, the pieces are already here (minus two wideouts)!!!

I'm starting to cross over to the Bevell side. Am I welcome? Is there a secret pass code to get on the bus? 

Archived