Seahawks vs. Saints

SenorGato

It's almost like they drafted athletes and their coaches taught them how to play at the NFL level and now they have a roster full of guys ready to contribute. Like magic!

All of those guys were productive or even highly productive in college. If Chancellor was a little faster...Tate a little bigger and faster...Unger a little bigger..Wagner a little bigger...Turbin a little faster...Kearse bigger and faster...all were prospects who had both production in college and NFL athleticism. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of those guys were productive or even highly productive in college. If Chancellor was a little fast...Tate a little bigger and faster...Unger a little bigger..Wagner a little bigger...Turbin a little faster...Kearse bigger and faster...all were prospects who had both production in college and NFL athleticism.

Aaaaaaaaaaand....?

All of those guys were productive or even highly productive in college. If Chancellor was a little fast...Tate a little bigger and faster...Unger a little bigger..Wagner a little bigger...Turbin a little faster...Kearse bigger and faster...all were prospects who had both production in college and NFL athleticism. 

The Jets do the opposite of this.

Seriously- did anyone watch Milliner's film? Hills?

Aaaaaaaaaaand....?

It turns out that playing well in college while having NFL size and athleticism translates well from the draft to the NFL. From there the Seahawks do seem to have a great conditioning program and a strong on field organization. I agree that the Jets need to be more like this organization and similar ones (49ers, Ravens).

Baldwin was wide open there. Good job Bevell. 

Milliner was a Freshman All American, then was All American as a junior. Dude produced.

Everyone at Alabama is an All American.. that's virtually meaningless. I want to see matchups vs guys who project to to go pro. Knocking down passes thrown by Denard Robinson doesnt quite cut it. Alshon beating him off the line was a better indication.

It turns out that playing well in college while having NFL size and athleticism translates well from the draft to the NFL. From there the Seahawks do seem to have a great conditioning program and a strong on field organization. I agree that the Jets need to be more like this organization and similar ones (49ers, Ravens).

Baldwin was wide open there. Good job Bevell.

So you're saying that the Seahawks have a better organization, with better administration and better coaching.

Everyone at Alabama is an All American.. that's virtually meaningless. I want to see matchups vs guys who project to to go pro. Knocking down passes thrown by Denard Robinson doesnt quite cut it. Alshon beating him off the line was a better indication.

I'm thinking the fact that he's a freak athlete who played well enough to earn All American consideration every year he was on campus qualifies him as the size-speed guy with production that Gato was referencing. He's not some Combine superstar like Stephen Hill.

" hey Rob,..boyitellya and stuff,..Idzick really loves that Bevell guy and that type of thing...it would really like help my cause and stuff if you didn't let him stomp a mud hole in you tonight and stuff"

So you're saying that the Seahawks have a better organization, with better administration and better coaching.

I'll give better organization with better administration, but eh on the coaching. Wilson, like any high quality QB, is the difference in the on field organization to me. Mostly I want to know how they go about picking players and putting together the roster. 

I'll give better organization with better administration, but eh on the coaching. Wilson, like any high quality QB, is the difference in the on field organization to me. Mostly I want to know how they go about picking players and putting together the roster.

I think the trick is, they pick some players and then the coach, assuming that rookie NFL players might struggle with the transition to the pros, conceives of and oversees a program that teaches them how to play at that level. It's revolutionary, I know, but it's something worth checking out.

I meant on the field. Hill's sport science Im sure broke the stop watch. What was his 10 yard split time?

Milliner's problem isn't his athleticism. It's his miserable technique and his sh*t-level confidence. The entire Jets team (outside of two players) has sucked this year. Cromartie has been as bad as Milliner. I'm just saying, the problem is bigger than one guy.

Milliner's problem isn't his athleticism. It's his miserable technique and his sh*t-level confidence. The entire Jets team (outside of two players) has sucked this year. Cromartie has been as bad as Milliner. I'm just saying, the problem is bigger than one guy.

Poor coaching week after week its the same mistakes by the same players. Rex is done here.

Does Wilson play special teams? Because based on the stats they just threw out there for punt return coverage, I'd say maybe the coaching is better than just "derp the QB makes them look better derp"

I think the trick is, they pick some players and then the coach, assuming that rookie NFL players might struggle with the transition to the pros, conceives of and oversees a program that teaches them how to play at that level. It's revolutionary, I know, but it's something worth checking out.

I agree - they're great at defining roles for players and expanding the role steadily as the player grows. Irvin was drafted as a situation pass rusher for his rookie year before expanding it his second year (sounds familiar). OTOH, this isn't nearly as easy to do on offense without a QB playing well. Then there's getting Marshawn Lynch's prime for pennies...

Archived