Cimini- Thurman, Dunbar are coming back.

eboozer

Don't worry, at this pace somebody on the team will probably commit vehicular manslaughter this year.

hmm didn't think of it that way....maybe be is a bad influence on me

you have given me much to think about and retrospect on...thank you.  this place makes me a better person.

Stephen Hill was on pace for 1,000 yards

in the 12 games he played he went for less than 400 yards. Take out that Buffalo 108 and TB 86 yards he had 200 yards in 10 games. The one catch I do remember was that sideline grab where he got "Destroyed" and still held onto the ball for the key first down. I think it was TB or the NE win.

I haven't given up on this young man, but someone has to teach him. He has all the physical tools

Boy, I dont know. That article TOm posted, from the Redskins beat writer seemed pretty assertive, that had not the Redskins organization blocked  Haslett from the Jets, that he would have been headed to Florham. Also, since Haslett has been as high as a head coach, and of course Defensive coordinator, that I doubt the Jets wanted him to fill the linebacker cach position for the scout team. No, if I'm Thurman, I got the message loud and clear, and it would be time to shuffle off to Buffalo or Cleveland if Mike ends up there.

As far as my own career, I want to work in a position (which thankfully I have) where they actually want me and value me, rather than having my employer constantly looking to hire someone to replace me. If that were the case, yes, I ould walk as I wouldnt work under those conditions.

It was one article, which Thurman probably doesn't even know about, that claims the Jets put in an interview request and the Redskins denied it.  That is literally it, not a single other thing beyond that is stated.  Every other word of this is what you're reading into it, which is quite clearly heavily influenced by a desire to push an agenda.  That's not even up for debate when you start posting things like "having my employer constantly looking to hire someone to replace me".  Constantly, really?  That's not even an interpretation of the situation, it's complete and utter nonsense.

The only things we know are that Thurman wasn't under contract after the season ended, the Jets are rumored to have put in an interview request for another coach to an unspecified position which was denied, and only now has Thurman just signed a new contract with the team.  This assertion that Thurman should throw an infantile tantrum and go actively seek out a demotion based on your own twisted interpretation of those facts (plus other crap that you just completely made up) is laughable.  Even if the Jets did want to interview Haslett for that position, there are a variety of different possibilities as to the circumstances surrounding that, only one combination, which requires a number of leaps in logic and embracing of fabrications, leads to your conclusion.

Then again, I'm sure you wouldn't understand, since apparently your current employer never dared to interview any other person but you for your position, as that would simply be such an unforgivable crime against humanity.

It was one article, which Thurman probably doesn't even know about, that claims the Jets put in an interview request and the Redskins denied it.  That is literally it, not a single other thing beyond that is stated.  Every other word of this is what you're reading into it, which is quite clearly heavily influenced by a desire to push an agenda.  That's not even up for debate when you start posting things like "having my employer constantly looking to hire someone to replace me".  Constantly, really?  That's not even an interpretation of the situation, it's complete and utter nonsense.

The only things we know are that Thurman wasn't under contract after the season ended, the Jets are rumored to have put in an interview request for another coach to an unspecified position which was denied, and only now has Thurman just signed a new contract with the team.  This assertion that Thurman should throw an infantile tantrum and go actively seek out a demotion based on your own twisted interpretation of those facts (plus other crap that you just completely made up) is laughable.  Even if the Jets did want to interview Haslett for that position, there are a variety of different possibilities as to the circumstances surrounding that, only one combination, which requires a number of leaps in logic and embracing of fabrications, leads to your conclusion.

Then again, I'm sure you wouldn't understand, since apparently your current employer never dared to interview any other person but you for your position, as that would simply be such an unforgivable crime against humanity.

Wow.

Sure, and wait for the next time they try to hire someone to replace him? Great plan.

Your plan has him moving and most likely ending up taking a demotion.  Nobody else is going to hand their defense to him.  He controls his own fate here.  If the Jets are in the playoffs and the Jets defense does what they are capable of, he will get recognized.

It is a great plan, that is why he decided to do it.

Your plan has him moving and most likely ending up taking a demotion.  Nobody else is going to hand their defense to him.  He controls his own fate here.  If the Jets are in the playoffs and the Jets defense does what they are capable of, he will get recognized.

It is a great plan, that is why he decided to do it.

A bit less inflammatory than the reponse I got from Bleedin Green, wouldnt you say?

It was one article, which Thurman probably doesn't even know about, that claims the Jets put in an interview request and the Redskins denied it.  That is literally it, not a single other thing beyond that is stated.  Every other word of this is what you're reading into it, which is quite clearly heavily influenced by a desire to push an agenda.

It's not his fault. For some reason, when he reads T0mShane's posts, he hears them in the voice of Walter Cronkite, rather than in the voice of Krusty the Clown, as originally intended. Somewhere, in a bathtub filled with blue mountain cold Coors Lite [sic], he still believes that Darrell Bevell will be the Jets' next head coach. Let him be.

It's not his fault. For some reason, when he reads T0mShane's posts, he hears them in the voice of Walter Cronkite, rather than in the voice of Krusty the Clown, as originally intended. Somewhere, in a bathtub filled with blue mountain cold Coors Lite [sic], he still believes that Darrell Bevell will be the Jets' next head coach. Let him be.

When I write, it's in the voice of Hugh Grant. Women swoon.

As to the OP here, all the Jets did was look down at the roulette table and say "Let it ride." That's it. There was no great investment made, no real sense of commitment toward a plan, or an overarching strategy--rather just a curious guess that sticking to the status quo might yield different results. Woody Johnson treats his coaches and GMs like a housewife waiting around for an alcoholic husband to find God on the way home from the bar. He'll get burned, again, and he'll try again next year.

As to the OP here, all the Jets did was look down at the roulette table and say "Let it ride." That's it. There was no great investment made, no real sense of commitment toward a plan, or an overarching strategy--rather just a curious guess that sticking to the status quo might yield different results. Woody Johnson treats his coaches and GMs like a housewife waiting around for an alcoholic husband to find God on the way home from the bar. He'll get burned, again, and he'll try again next year.

Or....

The owner still feels that he fired the right guy in Mike Tannenbaum, and recognizes that his new GM was still restrained by Tannenbaum's piss-poor cap management in his first season. He knows the talent level on the team was not up to par, and that the team started a rookie QB who really shouldn't've started - at least not from opening day.

And yet, he witnessed an uptick to finish the year. Three rookies who struggled over 3/4's of the season had strong final months: Geno, Milliner, and Winters. Milliner, in particular, went from worst to first at his position. But solid improvement was seen on both sides of the ball.

So yeah, why not roll with that when the coaching staff took a roster many predicted would be in the league basement, and finished with a respectable .500 record instead? Rex's extension is low risk. If Idzik and Rex work well together (and there are no reports to the contrary), and Idzik can significantly improve the talent level on the team with plenty of cap room and draft picks, there's certainly reason to believe that the Jets will be a playoff team next season.

Or....

The owner still feels that he fired the right guy in Mike Tannenbaum, and recognizes that his new GM was still restrained by Tannenbaum's piss-poor cap management in his first season. He knows the talent level on the team was not up to par, and that the team started a rookie QB who really shouldn't've started - at least not from opening day.

And yet, he witnessed an uptick to finish the year. Three rookies who struggled over 3/4's of the season had strong final months: Geno, Milliner, and Winters. Milliner, in particular, went from worst to first at his position. But solid improvement was seen on both sides of the ball.

So yeah, why not roll with that when the coaching staff took a roster many predicted would be in the league basement, and finished with a respectable .500 record instead? Rex's extension is low risk. If Idzik and Rex work well together (and there are no reports to the contrary), and Idzik can significantly improve the talent level on the team with plenty of cap room and draft picks, there's certainly reason to believe that the Jets will be a playoff team next season.

I'm sure that exact conclusion is the official theme in the halls of Florham Park. I don't think it's accurate or based on any sort of realistic projection, but I'm sure that's what they're going with.

Uh, this was an ARTICLE posted by TOm Shane from I believe a beat writer for the the REDSKINS. I was just using the information as I saw fit and Bleedin Green took it upon himself to tear me a new one.

TOm Shane had nothing to do with my post except to post the article of which I quoted.

Archived