I never thought I would say this but

Jetlife33

Part of me thinks it's smart to draft defense in round 1. Especially if the top 3 wide outs are taken like they are projected to be. Rex is known for developing defensive talent, not offensive talent. The more I think about it the more it makes sense to go defense early on in the draft and sign receivers and "weapons" through free agency and also the later rounds of the draft. Especially because this draft is deep in receivers.

PS If one of the top 3 receivers fall to 18 although unlikely please ignore whatever I just said about defense Go Jets!

I guess it depends on what they sign in free agency before the draft.  But right now our huge, huge need is for offense.  If they don't sign some  decent receivers before the draft, there is going to be hell to pay on draft day if they go defense.

A receiver you sign later in the draft most likely will be a #3 receiver if he makes it all. This "picking someone up in the fourth round" business does not yield much  percentagewise.

I just think it would be better to draft defense then someone like Ebron if the top 3 guys are gone by #18

Just teasing. I want them to draft a guy that can contribute as a rookie, it doesn't matter what side of the ball he plays on. With that expectation, a position like safety or inside LBer might make sense, because those are the positions I've read adapt the NFL more quickly. 

I'm not big on 1st round offensive guards or tight ends, unless at pick 18 you are getting the top prospect at either position and they are can't miss.

I guess it depends on what they sign in free agency before the draft. But right now our huge, huge need is for offense. If they don't sign some decent receivers before the draft, there is going to be hell to pay on draft day if they go defense.

A receiver you sign later in the draft most likely will be a #3 receiver if he makes it all. This "picking someone up in the fourth round" business does not yield much percentagewise.

I think Maclin makes too much sense only thing is the lost season last year. Have no idea how he'd rebound. I think it would help he doesn't need to learn a new system, he would just have to focus on being 100% healthy. Keep in mind I have no idea what his asking price is.

Just teasing. I want them to draft a guy that can contribute as a rookie, it doesn't matter what side of the ball he plays on. With that expectation, a position like safety or inside LBer might make sense, because those are the positions I've read adapt the NFL more quickly.

I'm not big on 1st round offensive guards or tight ends, unless at pick 18 you are getting the top prospect at either position and they are can't miss.

Yeah I'm really starting to dislike the thought of Ebron or Amaro at #18. I think it's a reach at where we are drafting.

I guess it depends on what they sign in free agency before the draft.  But right now our huge, huge need is for offense.  If they don't sign some  decent receivers before the draft, there is going to be hell to pay on draft day if they go defense.

A receiver you sign later in the draft most likely will be a #3 receiver if he makes it all. This "picking someone up in the fourth round" business does not yield much  percentagewise.

Part of me thinks it's smart to draft defense in round 1. Especially if the top 3 wide outs are taken like they are projected to be. Rex is known for developing defensive talent, not offensive talent. The more I think about it the more it makes sense to go defense early on in the draft and sign receivers and "weapons" through free agency and also the later rounds of the draft. Especially because this draft is deep in receivers.

PS If one of the top 3 receivers fall to 18 although unlikely please ignore whatever I just said about defense Go Jets!

would this draft satisfy you? It's my draft from the Firstdraft.com site. I'd jizz myself if we got all these weapons ("O" & "D") in 1 draft.

Round 1 Pick 19 (MIA): Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M (A)

Round 2 Pick 17: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington (A)

Round 3 Pick 5: Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama (A)

Round 3 Pick 16: Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington (A)

Round 3 Pick 30 (S.F.): Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers (B+)

Round 4 Pick 2 (WASH): Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (A-)

Round 4 Pick 15: Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)

Round 4 Pick 16 (MIA): Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech (B+)

Round 5 Pick 14: Brandon Linder, OG, Miami (Fla.) (A)

Round 6 Pick 19: Chris Boswell, K, Rice (A)

Round 7 Pick 18: Alden Darby, SS, Arizona State (A)

That Kicker from Rice has a Big leg.... $15-18 mil for Folk might be too much. Let them battle it out in camp. If kid is comparable adios Nick.

would this draft satisfy you? It's my draft from the Firstdraft.com site. I'd jizz myself if we got all these weapons ("O" & "D") in 1 draft.

Round 1 Pick 19 (MIA): Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M (A)

Round 2 Pick 17: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington (A)

Round 3 Pick 5: Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama (A)

Round 3 Pick 16: Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington (A)

Round 3 Pick 30 (S.F.): Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers (B+)

Round 4 Pick 2 (WASH): Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (A-)

Round 4 Pick 15: Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)

Round 4 Pick 16 (MIA): Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech (B+)

Round 5 Pick 14: Brandon Linder, OG, Miami (Fla.) (A)

Round 6 Pick 19: Chris Boswell, K, Rice (A)

Round 7 Pick 18: Alden Darby, SS, Arizona State (A)

That Kicker from Rice has a Big leg.... $15-18 mil for Folk might be too much. Let them battle it out in camp. If kid is comparable adios Nick.

We should pull a Mike Nugent and draft him in round 2.

Round 1 Pick 19 (MIA): Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M (A)

Round 2 Pick 17: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington (A)

Round 3 Pick 5: Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama (A)

Round 3 Pick 16: Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington (A)

Round 3 Pick 30 (S.F.): Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers (B+)

Round 4 Pick 2 (WASH): Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (A-)

Round 4 Pick 15: Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)

Round 4 Pick 16 (MIA): Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech (B+)

Round 5 Pick 14: Brandon Linder, OG, Miami (Fla.) (A)

Round 6 Pick 19: Chris Boswell, K, Rice (A)

Round 7 Pick 18: Alden Darby, SS, Arizona State (A)

In all seriousness though I love how we get Evans and much rather get Jenkins in round 2 then Ebron or Amaro in round 1.

In all seriousness though I love how we get Evans and much rather get Jenkins in round 2 then Ebron or Amaro in round 1.

I should send that draft link to Idzik and Bradway so they can prepare for every scenario as it plays out in the first couple of rounds. They can even practice their trade up and trade down deals.

I should send that draft link to Idzik and Bradway so they can prepare for every scenario as it plays out in the first couple of rounds. They can even practice their trade up and trade down deals.

J Attaocho will be gone in round 2 if he has a decent combine, and could climb into the late 1st with a stellar combine, I would be shocked if he made it out of the 3rd round.

Fourth round has often been a golden egg round for the Jets  - Brad Smith, Cotchery, Rhodes, Leon Johnson, Bilal Powell

So because our coach sucks at developing offensive talent, we should just ignore that side of the ball and draft defense. Tell me again why we retained this coach?

Signing receivers in free agency is a must. It's obviously the Jets biggest need, and they need to have it addressed -at least somewhat- before the draft. They need to be in a position where they don't have to reach for a WR or TE in the first round. Because I agree with you, the top three WRs are likely to be gone, and TE isn't generally a value at #18. It's likely that a pass rusher or CB will be there that presents better value.

I also wouldn't be opposed to the Jets trading up a few slots for one of the big three WRs, as long as it wasn't too costly.

Signing receivers in free agency is a must. It's obviously the Jets biggest need, and they need to have it addressed -at least somewhat- before the draft. They need to be in a position where they don't have to reach for a WR or TE in the first round. Because I agree with you, the top three WRs are likely to be gone, and TE isn't generally a value at #18. It's likely that a pass rusher or CB will be there that presents better value.

I also wouldn't be opposed to the Jets trading up a few slots for one of the big three WRs, as long as it wasn't too costly.

I would definitely be happy with trading up if it means we land one of the 3 receivers. Especially because the Jets have so many draft picks there's no way they all make the team. That pick from Tampa should be huge if we decide to trade up.

Yeah I'm really starting to dislike the thought of Ebron or Amaro at #18. I think it's a reach at where we are drafting.

I think "reach" is overrated. All that matters is whether the player is good or not. 

Reach" is something only draftniks worry about. N

ebron is not a reach but amero is. Ebron might not even be there if he runs what people claim he's gonna run. still not a huge fan of the mid 1st rd TE pick from a historical perspective but ebron running a 4.4 would be value.  

ebron is not a reach but amero is. Ebron might not even be there if he runs what people claim he's gonna run. still not a huge fan of the mid 1st rd TE pick from a historical perspective but ebron running a 4.4 would be value.

What I see so far out of Ebron is a weak blocker who drops the ball way too often when there's a defender near. He does have the physical talents like you mentioned though but I don't think it's worth it at 18. Agree with Amaro being even more of a reach.

You wanted Pettigrew around the same area.  I remember.  Dont deny it.

Archived