Josh McCown

BroadwayJets

I like Geno, and I think he has some potential, if he has help. A lot of people are saying on here that Geno needs some competition, which i agree with. But if wouldn't the best option be Josh McCown? Drafting a guy would probably work against Geno, and Josh McCown has actually proved he's a solid qb. With Chicago sign an extension with cutler, I doubt they'll resign McCown. I just think he would be the most realistic and best option as Geno's backup. We'll have the cap space, although I'd rather seen it spent elsewhere, if Geno's getting competition, should be him in my opinion.

I like Geno, and I think he has some potential, if he has help. A lot of people are saying on here that Geno needs some competition, which i agree with. But if wouldn't the best option be Josh McCown? Drafting a guy would probably work against Geno, and Josh McCown has actually proved he's a solid qb. With Chicago sign an extension with cutler, I doubt they'll resign McCown. I just think he would be the most realistic and best option as Geno's backup. We'll have the cap space, although I'd rather seen it spent elsewhere, if Geno's getting competition, should be him in my opinion.

The problem is McCown is already wearing depends diapers, and will probably be the most expensive JAG of the bunch this offseason, not to mention he doesn't come with Marshall, Jeffrey, Forte, and Bennett!

you guys and your short term memories. Dude had a bad year. He's been a probowl type QB for multiple years.

Stop looking at stats, and watch any game against an average team where he had to throw the ball, dude is the biggest pussy at QB in the league, just go back, and watch the replay of the Jets 2009 season opener. When the Texans running game wasn't dominating (it usually did), Schaub was exposed as a horrific QB, games against the Pats in 2012 also prove this, and EVERY single playoff game he has played. If you shut down the run Schaub was/is IMO worse than Mark Sanchez, and with equal defenses, and the Texans huge advantage in offensive talent during boths playoff runs proves this, Sanchez 4-2, Schaub ZERO wins!

Stop looking at stats, and watch any game against an average team where he had to throw the ball, dude is the biggest pussy at QB in the league, just go back, and watch the replay of the Jets 2009 season opener. When the Texans running game wasn't dominating (it usually did), Schaub was exposed as a horrific QB, games against the Pats in 2012 also prove this, and EVERY single playoff game he has played. If you shut down the run Schaub was/is IMO worse than Mark Sanchez, and with equal defenses, and the Texans huge advantage in offensive talent during boths playoff runs proves this, Sanchez 4-2, Schaub ZERO wins!

I've seen the Texans and I agree. Schaub doesnt like to get hit, I agree with that. The point that im making is this. I look at stats because they are there. you talked about 2 games just now over a span of about 4 years. Schaub having a Jet running game along side of him will make him a better QB than Sanchez was with it. 

The bottomline is that he produced. I dont care what peoples opinion is of the guy. More often than not he produced. When you're throwing over 4000 yards in a season it isnt because of the running game solely, its because you're producing at the position. 

I've seen the Texans and I agree. Schaub doesnt like to get hit, I agree with that. The point that im making is this. I look at stats because they are there. you talked about 2 games just now over a span of about 4 years. Schaub having a Jet running game along side of him will make him a better QB than Sanchez was with it. 

The bottomline is that he produced. I dont care what peoples opinion is of the guy. More often than not he produced. When you're throwing over 4000 yards in a season it isnt because of the running game solely, its because you're producing at the position.

The end goal is to find a QB who won't turn it over, can make enough plays with his arm to pull out the occasional shoot out, AND have the ability to get hot, and go on a 3-4 game streak during the playoffs to win you games, and without a question Matt Schaub has proven he is not this guy with a large body of work, and multiple years of playing the hapless Titans, and Jags, only beat the Colts once in his entire career when Peyton Manning was the QB, and it was the neck fusion year in 2010. He is not clutch, has compiled good stats with superior supporting talent, and really bad opponents, and has folded like a house of cards at each, and every big moment/game in his career!

The end goal is to find a QB who won't turn it over, can make enough plays with his arm to pull out the occasional shoot out, AND have the ability to get hot, and go on a 3-4 game streak during the playoffs to win you games, and without a question Matt Schaub has proven he is not this guy with a large body of work, and multiple years of playing the hapless Titans, and Jags, only beat the Colts once in his entire career when Peyton Manning was the QB, and it was the neck fusion year in 2010. He is not clutch, has compiled good stats with superior supporting talent, and really bad opponents, and has folded like a house of cards at each, and every big moment/game in his career!

Good point. He'd be a better QB than any current FA QB available imo. Schaub would be a perfect backup. Present a Better QB and I'll consider. McCown isnt a better QB. 

Good point. He'd be a better QB than any current FA QB available imo. Schaub would be a perfect backup. Present a Better QB and I'll consider. McCown isnt a better QB.

I agree McCown is not a better option at the age of 86. Again I honestly believe Sanchez is a better option than Schaub at backup QB, he has a year already in the system, and has done more on the big stage in much less time than Schaub ever has. The sad reality is the Jets are really stuck with the hopes G Smith can take a big step forward this year with what is available via free agency this offseason. The one small possible exception would be signing Kevin Kolb, and by some miracle he could avoid getting hurt sneezing for an entire season.

I agree McCown is not a better option at the age of 86. Again I honestly believe Sanchez is a better option than Schaub at backup QB, he has a year already in the system, and has done more on the big stage in much less time than Schaub ever has. The sad reality is the Jets are really stuck with the hopes G Smith can take a big step forward this year with what is available via free agency this offseason. The one small possible exception would be signing Kevin Kolb, and by some miracle he could avoid getting hurt sneezing for an entire season.

Personally, I think Geno could be the answer. I cant go out on a serious limb, but I was very satisfied with what Geno did with virtually no targets outside of the 106th best WR in the league in Kerley. I think where I differ from many Jet fans is that I disregard Geno's November month. Kerley was hurt and there was no one on the field that he was throwing to since preseason, let alone any WR that other teams were considering to enter their roster. And Santonio Holmes was only good for having scary looking contacts on that gave him the ability to see the balls he dropped much clearer lol. 

If Geno gets some playmakers at the WR position Geno will be able to get the ball to them. Im not worried about that at all. 

Personally, I think Geno could be the answer. I cant go out on a serious limb, but I was very satisfied with what Geno did with virtually no targets outside of the 106th best WR in the league in Kerley. I think where I differ from many Jet fans is that I disregard Geno's November month. Kerley was hurt and there was no one on the field that he was throwing to since preseason, let alone any WR that other teams were considering to enter their roster. And Santonio Holmes was only good for having scary looking contacts on that gave him the ability to see the balls he dropped much clearer lol. 

If Geno gets some playmakers at the WR position Geno will be able to get the ball to them. Im not worried about that at all.

Agree Geno Smith is the answer get him weapons and he will be fine.

Archived