Who's is the best veteran QB... to backup Geno?

JETS ROCK!

Back up Geno? Another winner who thinks Geno should start. Guess you are OK with throwing away next season too. Amazing how many people think he earned the job after last season. Don't worry my friend. You are one of many that think that way on this board. A couple clowns will say no one thinks that way on here though.

ALL ABOARD, next stop Jet Fans, Glendale Arizona.

You think Rex is a terrible coach, yet the addition of a (generously stated) oft-injured, mediocre QB on the downside of his career is going to lead the Jets to the Super Bowl? 

The thing about any decent backup QB is they will probably seize the job from Geno day 1 of training camp. Like the same that would have happened with Mark. That's not how Rex operates. We'll see how it all shakes out but I wouldn't be surprised to see a rookie with Simms as the backup. Unless they keep Sanchez.

The thing about any decent backup QB is they will probably seize the job from Geno day 1 of training camp. Like the same that would have happened with Mark. That's not how Rex operates. We'll see how it all shakes out but I wouldn't be surprised to see a rookie with Simms as the backup. Unless they keep Sanchez.

The kid glove treatment obviously didn't work with Sanchez, and Geno wasn't picked high enough (or paid enough) to warrant similar treatment, anyway. Plus, Rex is coaching for his job again this year. I'll be very surprised if Simms is the backup in 2014, and mildly surprised if he's even on the roster. Rex will be going all out for a playoff berth this season, even at the cost of a high draft pick next year. 

Archived