Cromartie Cut

JoeC36

This would probably be a horrible idea, but it would be a massive upgrade on offense... Maybe trade 2015 and 16' 1st rounders and a couple picks this year say our 2nd and one of our 3rds for Cleveland's #4... But keep this year's #18 slot. Grab both Watkins and Ebron. Sign Nicks in FA... Trade a 5th rounder for Jacquizz Rodgers. No I'm not Tanny, just food for thought.

haha!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please you had to show that to me again- Jets win that game and Giants do not win the Super Bowl

But the Patriots do... And go undefeated in the process.  I think things worked out as well as possible, considering.

This would probably be a horrible idea, but it would be a massive upgrade on offense... Maybe trade 2015 and 16' 1st rounders and a couple picks this year say our 2nd and one of our 3rds for Cleveland's #4... But keep this year's #18 slot. Grab both Watkins and Ebron. Sign Nicks in FA... Trade a 5th rounder for Jacquizz Rodgers. No I'm not Tanny, just food for thought.

Roger that.

Hence, a horrible idea.

Yeah, didn't see that you highlighted the Horrible Idea art.

Now I get the "Roger That"

Bear with me.... a long weekend away visiting family.

I hate sleeping in a bed other than my own!

My wish list:

Golden Tate (Free Agency)

Jordan Matthews (2nd)

Jeremy Kerley

Austin Serferian-Jenikins (3rd)

Mike Evan/Marquise Lee (1st)

If that was our haul this off season I would be fine with it.

On the offensive side of the ball that is.

Antonio Cromartie may have been cut by the Jets on Sunday, but he still believes there’s a chance he’ll be wearing green and white again next season.

“The door’s still open,” Cromartie said on ESPN Radio about a possible return to Gang Green. “But I’m going to test the market, see where my numbers are.”

Cromartie said if the Jets make him a comparable offer to what he receives elsewhere, he’d like to come back to the Jets. Cromartie couldn’t have been surprised that he was let go by the Jets: he said earlier this offseason he expected to be a cap casualty.

“It was a business decision,” Cromartie said. “I didn’t have the ideal season...I was plagued by injuries this past year, and I had a high cap number.”

RELATED: JETS CUT CRO, BUT REUNION IS STILL POSSIBLE

“At the end of the day, at the back of the mind, you still know that this is a business and this is a dirty game,” the cornerback added.

Cromartie said he hadn’t been informed by his agent of any attempts by the Jets to offer him a pay cut or to try and restructure his contract to avoid releasing him.

The cornerback said he’s looking to join a contender, but also added a stipulation about the type of defense he hoped to play on. Cromartie said he’d love to play for a “defense that’s just straight aggressive. That gives me the opportunity to go out and just play the way that I’ve been playing on the Rex Ryan defense.”

One place where he’d find that is most certainly back with the Jets, but it’s unclear whether Gang Green wants him back. The Jets are looking at impending free agents in the secondary and have expressed at least some level of interest in CBs Alterraun Verner and Captain Munnerlyn, according to sources.

RELATED: MEHTA: CUTTING HOLMES SAVES JETS CASH AND SANITY

Cromartie was hampered by what he’s described as a hip flexor strain throughout last season. He has been rehabbing this offseason and did not have surgery. Now, the cornerback says, he’s healthy.

“You’re going to see the Antonio Cromartie of old,” he said. “I’m healthy. The biggest thing for me is, I’m going to prove it.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/door-open-cro-return-jets-article-1.1716892#ixzz2vbmAWD9b

Archived