Now I'm startin' to get pissed!!

eboozer

It's always a treat when you've got whiners who are also so self-obsessed that they feel the need to create brand new threads dedicated to just their own personal whining about the same exact topics which already fill the board.  Good times.

These young whippersnappers and their darn interwebs and their smarty phones and e-pads! 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's always a treat when you've got whiners who are also so self-obsessed that they feel the need to create brand new threads dedicated to just their own personal whining about the same exact topics which already fill the board.  Good times.

It fills me with nostalgia.  Just like the good ol days when the front page was half Pennington sucks and half Pennington is awesome threads.  

Speaking of douches.. Heard a great joke that someone said Redd Foxx used to use in clubs..

" I told my wife they sell flavored douche. They have strawberry, vanilla, choclate and dozens of other flavors. 
The wife thought that it was a great idea. She replied that she would run down to the store and get some. 
She gets home and with my luck the flavor she picked was Tuna."

geeeze

I don't need him to do exactly what I want.... but "dipping" his toe in the water is falling far short of what I was HOPING he would do. Decker, I believe, wanted to come here(with his whole Reality Show with his smokin' Country Singer wife) so I don't know how hard Idzik had to sell him. Giacomo was a Seattle guy looking for a contract.

That's about it.... as Bassett states, I'm hoping for more.

Don't know why mentioning how disappointed I am makes me a bad Jet fan?

Do you get paid for every time you use the "face palm" emoticon? There are many more to choose from!

FWIW, I agree with you and I don't know where this anger is coming from that's aimed at those who want Idzik to make some improvements here.

As Slats pointed out, if we sign Davis on day 1 and follow it up with Decker as we did then there's at least a chance that this conversation might not be happening in the first place. But that didn't happen, so here we are.

I'll put it like this: with Sanchez cut, we should have more than 40 million left to spend again. If Idzik spends at least $25 million on free agency and in so doing, gets a value per dollar that is similar to what he got with Decker, then I'm fine with him. If not, it's a problem.

Speaking of douches.. Heard a great joke that someone said Redd Foxx used to use in clubs..

" I told my wife they sell flavored douche. They have strawberry, vanilla, choclate and dozens of other flavors. 
The wife thought that it was a great idea. She replied that she would run down to the store and get some. 
She gets home and with my luck the flavor she picked was Tuna."

:rl:

It fills me with nostalgia.  Just like the good ol days when the front page was half Pennington sucks and half Pennington is awesome threads.  

It was actually far more Pennington is awesome threads than anything, but we just had a particular knack for transforming them into Pennington sucks threads.  As a general rule, the most ardent of Pennington haters made a point of not actually being thread-starters on the subject.

Like this classic. Everyone's done it at some point, BG.... I'm sure you have as well over the years!

photo-thumb-7928.jpg?_r=1386971901

Rate Topic   star_off.png star_off.png star_off.png star_off.png star_off.png  Jets fans ... I need your help.
Started by Integrity28, Dec 10 2013 10:52 AM

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Integrity28.
Integrity28

Last night, despite losing Adrian Peterson and making the stupid decision to play Ladarius Green at tight end, I completed a coup... stealing the most points for the season prize from the guy who owns Peyton Manning.

The guy with Manning is the only other Jets fan in this league. The rest? 10 Patriots fans.

My prize? The Pats fan with the worst cumulative points for has to buy me the jersey (or any single fan gear item, like a hoodie, of up to $100) of my choice.

My dilemma... as I've noted here a few times, every time I get anything Jets related that is player/coach specific, that player/coach takes a nose dive. It's bad luck.

So.... do I get a jersey? If so, who?

Or do I get a retro hoodie like this one? 

http://www.lids.com/...k-jets/20399666

Mods, feel free to move this to the Lounge after it gets a little traction. It's super, duper important that I don't jinx anyone we like. Yes, serious.

FWIW, I agree with you and I don't know where this anger is coming from that's aimed at those who want Idzik to make some improvements here.

As Slats pointed out, if we sign Davis on day 1 and follow it up with Decker as we did then there's at least a chance that this conversation might not be happening in the first place. But that didn't happen, so here we are.

I'll put it like this: with Sanchez cut, we should have more than 40 million left to spend again. If Idzik spends at least $25 million on free agency and in so doing, gets a value per dollar that is similar to what he got with Decker, then I'm fine with him. If not, it's a problem.

If you got me Schwartz, Verner, and Strief, then picked up a decent TE, I'd be really really happy and optimistic right now.

It was actually far more Pennington is awesome threads than anything, but we just had a particular knack for transforming them into Pennington sucks threads.  As a general rule, the most ardent of Pennington haters made a point of not actually being thread-starters on the subject.

Well, you see, the details are kinda fuzzy.  I was one of those apologists....so I've tried to pretend that phase of my life didn't happen.

Well, you see, the details are kinda fuzzy.  I was one of those apologists....so I've tried to pretend that phase of my life didn't happen.

Ah, it's tough to keep track after all of these years (see Kleck, THIS is where you fit in the old joke ya dumbass).  Although what I do know is that you weren't one of THOSE apologists.  At your worst I am certain you were never on the smash / pac / LGJ level of Penningtology.

Ah, it's tough to keep track after all of these years (see Kleck, THIS is where you fit in the old joke ya dumbass).  Although what I do know is that you weren't one of THOSE apologists.  At your worst I am certain you were never on the smash / pac / LGJ level of Penningtology.

Ah yes, Pac.  I've always got that to hang my hat on lol

I'm less mad that Idzik isn't throwing money at players, as I am offended that free agent players don't want to play here.

It seems the culmination of a .500 team with the media negativity (good rex/bad rex, circus-circus, dick-pic, butt-fumble, airplane) and a thrifty GM, all add up to a team that players aren't attracted to. 

We either need to: (a) have a better record

(b )have a better public image

or,            (c ) entice players to come here using money as an incentive

Not doing so implies we are taking the slow route to becoming a contender, which means we are pushing back our playoff due date another season or two. These moves aren't inherently bad for the team, they just suggest more years of patience before we get really excited about the team again.  That realization yields whining.  

Ah yes, Pac.  I've always got that to hang my hat on lol

It's... something.  It is kind of funny that the top / most extreme participants in the old Penny battles became the mafia crew, particularly in the early days (Pac, Smash, CTM, SMC, EY, myself), while if memory serves, you were one of a few involved who were early day Pennington supporters who eventually saw the light (I believe Vic and Ape may have fallen into this category as well, although I could be wrong about that).

It's... something.  It is kind of funny that the top / most extreme participants in the old Penny battles became the mafia crew, particularly in the early days (Pac, Smash, CTM, SMC, EY, myself), while if memory serves, you were one of a few involved who were early day Pennington supporters who eventually saw the light (I believe Vic and Ape may have fallen into this category as well, although I could be wrong about that).

Haha, never really thought about it but I guess you're right.  I think Ape was over at JI during that time period, so I'm not sure where he fell in the Pennington debate...but I think you're right on Vic. If not him there was one other that saw the light about the same time as I did

"The Sky is falling!!!" Guys, the Sky is not falling.

Let's keep this all in perspective, there are no guys in free agency that instantly get us to a 10-12 win plateau. The team has holes that need to be filled through a combination of FA, the draft and training camp cuts. We are months away from training camp and a month away from the draft. To panic now because we didn't spend money like Denver or Oakland is fruitless.

Idzik is lookng at this from a long term approach, to really build a team for long term success you cannot lose sight of the fact that short term big dollar signings can only work if your window to win is small. Denver has a window of 1-2 years MAX before Manning retires. New England is on a clock as well because as Brady goes so goes the team. The Jets only have a Rex Ryan window....we are not one or two players away from an SB.

LL

Me too.

Screw you

Archived