With this type of athleticism, Manziel goes in top 10

eboozer

Manziel's pro day is tomorrow btw. Should be a big news story either way.  

But for anyone who thought he might be there at 18, that's not gonna happen. He's going top 5 most likely. 

I certainly hope so, that way the Jets will never even have to think about it.  The more time goes by the more I'm thinking he's going to end up as a rich man's Tebow.

What are Johnny's red flags? Did he steal a laptop or something (Cam Newton)

Not a polished product, loves the limelight, likes to party, a bit of a polarizing figure, boom or bust prospect.  Caldwell is very conservative.  He's going to go with more a sure shot.  He doesnt care about selling tickets or making headlines.  I mocked them to Mack.

Give away a pick and Simms for a long, long term project? They're not carrying 4 QBs and not cutting Simms

I'd rather take a 7th round flyer on Thomas than Simms. Simms is nothing more than a career backup and while Thomas has regressed terribly, that's the type of talent I'd rather try to develop.

Not a polished product, loves the limelight, likes to party, a bit of a polarizing figure, boom or bust prospect.  Caldwell is very conservative.  He's going to go with more a sure shot.  He doesnt care about selling tickets or making headlines.  I mocked them to Mack.

yeah but it's not Caldwell's pick to make. It's this guy's. 

khan_khanketterman-e1339872621392.jpg

even if that's true the 3 pick is usually an owner level decision. signing a street FA is plebe stuff.

They took a tackle last year. The level of investment on a street FA vs a 3rd overall pick is night and day.

Just doesn't seem like a pick Caldwell makes. But what do I know?

I will be absolutely stunned if he didn't. Besides the fact that the latest Super Bowl champion QB is about the same height, this player led an outgunned team to beat undefeated Alabama. He's also a huge star and will completely re-vitalize a team like Cleveland, Oakland or Jacksonville. He should go Houston but they are probably too chicken to pull that trigger. 

A few guys have claimed he looks awful on the coaches tape and stated so on various media outlets. He's definitely not the #1 pick and I think he falls pretty far compared to where he was projected to go a month ago. One ESPN guy (name escapes me) actually called him a 6th round project. Same guy was also down on Clowney.

Sorry - but I feel Johnny is going to be a great success at the next level - what I've seen of him in game action is remarkable.

Fair enough, but I've been on record for two years wholeheartedly disagreeing.  I saw LSU show the blueprint into beating him and making him look almost undraftable. I also think he has poor arm strength and will have difficult at the next level throwing the intermediate and deep throws when he's unable to scramble out of the pocket. Additionally, I see him looking to leave a clean pocket much earlier than he needs to, sometimes when he doesn't have to at all. Only time will tell, but I firmly believe that any team that drafts him in the first round expecting a star is going to not only be extremely disappointed, but set their franchise back a few years, 

I'd rather take a 7th round flyer on Thomas than Simms. Simms is nothing more than a career backup and while Thomas has regressed terribly, that's the type of talent I'd rather try to develop.

With Thomas you pray he is good enough to be a backup QB. As you said Simms is already that, no need to waste the pick there.

Archived