Thursday Night Football

CobraVerde

At a loss why the Thursday games have become a thing. Seems like the teams are not ready and the road team especially has a very tough week. either conform it to the bye week or move it to Friday or Saturday night to give the players anotehr day or 2.

Or get rid of it.

Terrible idea , total money grab geared towards gamblers and fantasy leagues..( not bashing , I play too ) ....Goodell and the owners are coming close to watering down the product...43 years old and my whole life those 16 Saturday nights going to sleep we're always like a kid on Xmas eve...even after getting married, having kids , Sunday morning never lost it's charm...I have no emotion about Thursday NFL ...none , zero. . Even last year when every game wasn't 100-0 I still had no feel for it....Thursday night I usually catch up on shows I DVR now and do work to make my Friday easier...the London game has the same feel by the way ...sorry for the rant but I guess my point is if they lost a guy like me ( and a lot of you ) then it just shows how awful the product is.

At a loss why the Thursday games have become a thing. Seems like the teams are not ready and the road team especially has a very tough week. either conform it to the bye week or move it to Friday or Saturday night to give the players anotehr day or 2.Or get rid of it.

Wow, that's a pretty easy one. Money. That simple. The Thursday Night package is yet another package they can sell to add to it's already mind-boggling TV revenue. They won't move it to Friday or Saturday night, because not as many people are home watching TV on those nights - not to mention competition with high school ball down south on Fridays and college ball across the country on Saturdays.

The bye week idea is a good one, but unfortunately they don't have bye weeks every week of the season. So teams playing the TNF game early or late in the year would be out of luck. Maybe they could shrink the package. Give them the league opener, and another eight or nine games in the middle of the season. That could work. It would also be less money, though.

And it's not going anywhere as long as it makes money. As long as people keep watching. I think the product on Thursday nights generally sucks, and that they're in danger of over-saturating the market. Maybe fans or the league will figure that out. But it'll take a while, and local fans will always watch the their own teams. It's probably here to stay for some time.

At a loss why the Thursday games have become a thing. Seems like the teams are not ready and the road team especially has a very tough week. either conform it to the bye week or move it to Friday or Saturday night to give the players anotehr day or 2.

Or get rid of it.

Cash flow money hoes. Goodell yo, you heard dat

Obviously, it is just money.  The networks get a bit more for theirs and their ad revenue is not competing with itself.  The London game makes a bit more sense.  That keeps an entire continent going.  Half the guys I know from Italy have been over and though they are few, those guys can be hardcore.  I am sure the Germans are even more hardcore than the French and Italians I played with. It keeps them going and gets them involved.  More are playing fantasy, ordering NFL ticket and the internet feed instead of watching the super bowl and maybe an occasional game on SKY.

Look at it like this-it can only work if you coordinate the schedule with byes(except for week 1 champion game), and if in December you play some Friday or Saturday games instead. Playing Thursday on the road after a Sunday game gets teams killed.And whiel this is always about money having your product look like crap is not good.

Would note Thanskgiving features 3 Thursaday games, week 16 features and Thursday game and 2 Sautrday gamea,and everything in week 17 is on Sunday.Figure you don't have to worry about week 1, weeks 2 through 16 feature 17 Thursday games which need 34 slotted teams. You should be able to ccordinate the bye for 32 teams and perhaps schedule the 2 teams who get 2 Thursday games against each other and close to home on that occasion. Or move some of them to Friday or Saturday in Decembers, something the NFL used to do after NCAA Division I was over. No idea why they no longer do that spare one week. Recall a few times around Christmas the NFl scheduled a few Friday night games, which would not be as hard on players as Thursday.

Archived