Who, What and Why the Jets are 1-4

Who - It starts from upstairs from Woody and Idzik. They know that this was a year that they were not going to be legitimate playoff contenders, that's why they didn't want to spend the 22 or so million dollars that they still have in CAP space thus setting up Rex in another lame duck scenario. Lack of weapons on both sides of the ball is an obvious here and it isn't fair to the fans who have stuck with this team for over 40 years of losing.

What - What has happened 5 weeks into the season is something out of a horror film. Mustering one win against the woeful Raiders. Putting together 2 above average half's (2nd half vs raiders, 1st half vs Green Bay) is atrocious. Lack of communication, skill and poor game-planning has contributed mightily to a poor start. But how long will this continue? It doesn't appear that there is a light coming at the end of the tunnel for Gang Green.

Why - The list can go on and on but my main reason for the Jets being in the hole that they are in is lack of execution. They have had chances in every single game except San Diego to win. If they could have won one of those three the season would be extremely different. Yes the schedule is brutal but in today's NFL there is no easy game, not one. The Quarterback play has been inconsistent but not has been the main reason for the struggles. Marty has had a rough stretch this last month and at 1-4 with Denver coming into town things are looking low but I expect the Jets to play Denver tough and may surprise the league with a season changing win.

Who - It starts from upstairs from Woody and Idzik. They know that this was a year that they were not going to be legitimate playoff contenders, that's why they didn't want to spend the 22 or so million dollars that they still have in CAP space thus setting up Rex in another lame duck scenario. Lack of weapons on both sides of the ball is an obvious here and it isn't fair to the fans who have stuck with this team for over 40 years of losing.

What - What has happened 5 weeks into the season is something out of a horror film. Mustering one win against the woeful Raiders. Putting together 2 above average half's (2nd half vs raiders, 1st half vs Green Bay) is atrocious. Lack of communication, skill and poor game-planning has contributed mightily to a poor start. But how long will this continue? It doesn't appear that there is a light coming at the end of the tunnel for Gang Green.

Why - The list can go on and on but my main reason for the Jets being in the hole that they are in is lack of execution. They have had chances in every single game except San Diego to win. If they could have won one of those three the season would be extremely different. Yes the schedule is brutal but in today's NFL there is no easy game, not one. The Quarterback play has been inconsistent but not has been the main reason for the struggles. Marty has had a rough stretch this last month and at 1-4 with Denver coming into town things are looking low but I expect the Jets to play Denver tough and may surprise the league with a season changing win.

Wow, ok, so after watching the Jets lay a stinky egg against SD, you think they BEAT the Broncos? Have you watched any Broncos games? They are even better than the SD Bolts. They may put 50+ on us. We are done this year...

We are done in by the lack of talent at CB, lack of production at WR, sloppy play overall and a below average QB.

Shopping list for 2015 Season

1) New HC (Sorry Rex but the penalties and poor overall management are on you)

2) Draft a New QB in the 1st round (unless the talent is bad then you look at the FA market)

3) Draft CB's and WRs again (2nd time might be a charm)

Wow, ok, so after watching the Jets lay a stinky egg against SD, you think they BEAT the Broncos? Have you watched any Broncos games? They are even better than the SD Bolts. They may put 50+ on us. We are done this year...

We are done in by the lack of talent at CB, lack of production at WR, sloppy play overall and a below average QB.

2) Draft a New QB in the 1st round (unless the talent is bad then you look at the FA market)

Rex's QB's since he has been here have Geno and Sanchez not necessarily the greatest QB's. Rex certainly doesn't have that much knowledge when it comes to the offensive side of the ball. Rex has been set up to fail once again.

Idzik wanted and drafted Geno and Rex had no voice in that. Again with the CB, WR and lack of weapons the upper management did terrible by only getting a #2 WR and paying 5 mil to Vick rather than to sign a corner.    

All I am saying is this will be one of the biggest games of Rex's career here and he isn't gonna go down easily.

The first thing that needs to be changed in Rex Ryan. I like him but we've seen the same penalties over and over again for the past four seasons, an anemic and, frankly, inept offense, a defense that can't stop teams on 3rd down, lack of discipline in the players, and this bizarre loyalty to stick with certain players even when it's become painfully apparent that they are ineffective.

The best move Woody can make is to dangle a lot of money in front of Bill Cowher

The first thing that needs to be changed in Rex Ryan. I like him but we've seen the same penalties over and over again for the past four seasons, an anemic and, frankly, inept offense, a defense that can't stop teams on 3rd down, lack of discipline in the players, and this bizarre loyalty to stick with certain players even when it's become painfully apparent that they are ineffective.

The best move Woody can make is to dangle a lot of money in front of Bill Cowher

I would love Gruden but it looks like the Raiders will break the bank for him.

Step 1. Get James Jones and Antonio Cromartie in free agency, still keep the free cap space in the double digits.

Step 2. Win one of the games we lost by a single score (either Packers, Bears or Lions)

Step 3. At 2-3 with 4 of our toughest games off of the schedule, we're not in full blown panic mode.

But you guys said to be patient. So...

Meaning what? You're acting like I didn't just say that this team lacks talent.

95% of Jets fans have said the schedule gets "easier" after the Pats game.

I'm just saying the Jets will be underdogs in every remaining game they play.

Like you said, the Jets are 1-4 because of the talent, not the schedule.

I keep hearing how its not a playoff team so thats why the team didn't spend the cap space. So when does this team magically become a playoff team without spending on it? The idea that upper management of a professional football team would call it a season when it didn't even start is mind boggling. 

only play raiders once, schedule gets no easier. jets, jax, raiders, dogs of the nfl, in no particular order. every other opponent is a loss for the jets.

Why - The list can go on and on but my main reason for the Jets being in the hole that they are in is lack of execution. They have had chances in every single game except San Diego to win.

Lack of execution, maybe?   Lack of talent - definitely.   

This team lacks talent top to bottom.   They've been starting a 7th rd safety and journeyman UDFA at CB.   They have Greg Salas, Kerley, and David Nelson at WR after using 12 picks in the deepest WR draft in memory.    The OL is regressing and the OL is a penalty waiting to happen for the 2nd consecutive season.  

The season ended with the ill fated timeout in GB.   There is really nothing else to say except it's time to start over and I hope Idzik doesn't escape.    Time to bring in an offensive-minded HC and a GM with a personnel background.  

I keep hearing how its not a playoff team so thats why the team didn't spend the cap space. So when does this team magically become a playoff team without spending on it? The idea that upper management of a professional football team would call it a season when it didn't even start is mind boggling. 

that's the part that doesn't jive: so idzik wants geno to succeed because it was his decision to draft him, but then doesn't spend money to surround him with talent... i have a new working theory: this season was all about idzik icing rex, and taking out geno is icing on the cake. that way idzik can say "rex ruined another highly-drafted QB" instead of "i drafted the dumbest qb prospect in a generation."

1. Idzik signed Jacoby Ford and D'mitri Patterson instead of Desean Jackson and Antonio Cromartie

2. Interior O-line - especially Winters - is non-existent in pass protection.

3. Geno needs everything to be perfect to succeed.

4. Idiot Rex decided to play Eric Decker vs the Bears instead of resting him a week now the guy is never healthy.

Getalife man.  Seriously you have like half a million posts on websites of a team your not even a fan of that is sad.

Who cares if we lose we need to tank this season for Winston.

If we turn it around and play lights out rest of the season maybe we go 7-9 - WOW.

no, winning doesn't matter anymore this year. however, i don't want to see the jets draft a QB in the first round unless they sign a matt moore-type to start next year to develop the new guy properly this time. the jet plan of throwing them into the fire is a proven loser.

that's the part that doesn't jive: so idzik wants geno to succeed because it was his decision to draft him, but then doesn't spend money to surround him with talent... i have a new working theory: this season was all about idzik icing rex, and taking out geno is icing on the cake. that way idzik can say "rex ruined another highly-drafted QB" instead of "i drafted the dumbest qb prospect in a generation."

WFAN took a poll this morning:

a. is Idzik just throwing the season to ruin Rex?

b. is Idzik just this much of an idiot of a GM?

69% voted B.

Anyway, everyone has been running with the same theory that Idzik is trying to get rid of Rex. Whatever his motive, or lack of one, what he has done for this organization sucks. He needs to go. Take Rex with him, I don't care. I just don't want idzik in the building.

no, winning doesn't matter anymore this year. however, i don't want to see the jets draft a QB in the first round unless they sign a matt moore-type to start next year to develop the new guy properly this time. the jet plan of throwing them into the fire is a proven loser.

No more scrub qbs.  Matt Moore, Matt Shaub, Mike Vick, Jay Fielder, Mark Brunell - I'm so sick and tired of these losers.  Draft a franchise qb and let him play from the get go even if we lose at least we're developing somebody.  I'm done watching no-talent duds at the qb position.  Done.

69% voted B.

Anyway, everyone has been running with the same theory that Idzik is trying to get rid of Rex. Whatever his motive, or lack of one, what he has done for this organization sucks. He needs to go. Take Rex with him, I don't care. I just don't want idzik in the building.

Idzik is doing a very good job of getting rid of himself along with Rex.

69% voted B.

the morning show will always blame anyone but Rex, carton is a jock sniffing clown who is buddies with Rex , maybe he was at one point a jets fan but it's all about the shtick now...had them on for 20 minutes this morning turned it off when carton seriously advocated a 5 year contract extension for Rex and fire Idzik .....which with help from Rex other pals Mehta and cimini may be our endgame when this all plays out anyway

I hope you're right. Woody isn't someone I trust with good judgment. 

We have the most stupid owner in the NFL.  I don't want to hear it that the Jets' value has gone up during his ownership so has every other pro sports franchise in North America.  We had a decent run with Parcells' players the first 4-5 years Woody was the owner and Tannydumb pulled his head out of his ass to make a decent roster in '09-'10 - now the chickens are roosting.

No more scrub qbs.  Matt Moore, Matt Shaub, Mike Vick, Jay Fielder, Mark Brunell - I'm so sick and tired of these losers.  Draft a franchise qb and let him play from the get go even if we lose at least we're developing somebody.  I'm done watching no-talent duds at the qb position.  Done.

ok we tried that twice with two qb's that were highly drafted. jets both stink and talent evaluation for the position and also stink at developing qbs. throwing a new rookie in there will doom us to another 3 seasons "but demz weaponiz@!" and we are in the same spot. no, i want our next "qb of the future" to ride the pine for a year unless we find him in FA or through trade.

ok we tried that twice with two qb's that were highly drafted. jets both stink and talent evaluation for the position and also stink at developing qbs. throwing a new rookie in there will doom us to another 3 seasons "but demz weaponiz@!" and we are in the same spot. no, i want our next "qb of the future" to ride the pine for a year unless we find him in FA or through trade.

Oh so we tried it before so we should never try it again.  That's nonsense.  I'm done with the retread scrub qbs.  The Detroit Lions picked umpteen crappy WRs in the first round during the Millen years so should they have passed on Calvin Johnson?

Oh so we tried it before so we should never try it again.  That's nonsense.  I'm done with the retread scrub qbs.  The Detroit Lions picked umpteen crappy WRs in the first round during the Millen years so should they have passed on Calvin Johnson?

ya ok bud, keep on keeping on with the same fail plan

all 3 of these are dependent on the GM to succeed.   what has Idzik shown you in his 2 season that makes you think he is capable of any of these?   

the 2014 Jets draft was a total disaster that any arm chair GM could have exceeded. 

Step 1. Get James Jones and Antonio Cromartie in free agency, still keep the free cap space in the double digits.

Step 2. Win one of the games we lost by a single score (either Packers, Bears or Lions)

Step 3. At 2-3 with 4 of our toughest games off of the schedule, we're not in full blown panic mode.

But you guys said to be patient. So...

Not sure what to think about Cro....better than what we have, but got beat for over 200 yards yesterday.

The fault has to be on Idzik, id say about 75% of it. Lack of weapons and no play makers hurt. Rex hasn't had his best stuff obviously, but giving vick 5 mil instead of keeping CRO may be a terrible mistake and leaving Revis out of the picture when they had a chance to grab him, having DRC leave the building and go next door and sign with the GMEN . There were so many options in the FA market with corners and WR's and Idzik couldn't capitalize. Most fault is upstairs. Yes the schedule is rough but that cannot be an excuse

Archived