Twilight Zone - Mafia Game

Leelou

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So predictable.  You agree with my reads and then FoS me just in case you're wrong.  FOr anyone else, that would be a scumtell, you know.

Where did I agree with your reads? The Nyn case is something I've been grinding away at all day, I asked you about it, you said you "didn't see it" and then when she snags a couple quick votes, you do a 180°

If you paid attention to how I've played today, closely, you'll see I've been pressing 80 as well. I've been reeling him in slowly, and really have no idea what you are talking about with regards to you having a read on him. 

Town Wombat usually understands how to watch me scum hunt and make reads based off reactions I create. This here comes across like you've been trying to avoid me, haven't been reading what I'm doing at all, and are only now shoving back because I said your name... and you know that if you're scum you could be in deep sh*t.

Unofficial Vote Count

Nyn (1) - Lily

Verbal (3) - AVM, Smash, 80

Lily (1) - Nyn

80 (3) - JiF, Wombat, Ape (phone vote)

Not Voting - Pac, Verbal

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

Yeah

Thank you, to make it official:

Unvote Vote 80

Pretty sure we all kinda know where you're gonna end up voting today.  :winking0001:

Does Lily always sound this artificial? Haven't played with her in a while.

You "buddied up" to Arsis saying he seemed town, with no real logic for saying so other than "feeling", and then proceeded to make a second statement that left the door open to you voting him. This is a scum tell, no matter who says it. It has nothing to do with you or your tells, so this line of defense is absolute garbage.

All I remember about you is that you tried the bravado bit here, didn't like the backlash and quit on the game as a result. So yeah, 100% false bravado. 

Yes, she often does sound artificial. Lily sounds scummy no matter what, but over the years of playing with her I've found there are a couple things she can sometimes slip on as scum, and that's when it becomes obvious. The rest of the time, Lily's presence in a game is a complete wifom where you constantly ask yourself "can she really be this scummy and not be scum?" Kudos to her, that is great meta to have.

Okay

Serious question -- does Lily not play on DM anymore?  This just strikes me as odd to ask, as (like the Ape said in his response) it's how she always plays.

Serious question -- does Lily not play on DM anymore?  This just strikes me as odd to ask, as (like the Ape said in his response) it's how she always plays.

I haven't played anywhere in a while. Between all the things that have been happening in my family, I haven't had time.  And I prefer to play here over DM, so it's been a while longer since I've played there.

I don't understand.

I started Nolder's train. Reinforced my vote by agreeing with JiF And yet you're ignoring all the last voters on his train that piled on when it was evident he was gonna be the lynch of the day... and instead you're FoSing me? Dress it how you like but you're basically tunneling me for reasons that don't make sense.

You're saying I was buddying Arsis but at the same time leaving wiggle room to vote him? based on what? lol you're making this up as you go along?

I said I thought his posts were okay. I didnt vote him on D1 at any point. Nor on D2 when he gained some votes I still went with the direction I planned to as stated on D1 which was Lily. So I'm missing the part where I was setting up the path to vote him... considering I could have game his train a nudge on more than one occasion but never did.

See what I mean here. No case on Nolder. 

Meanwhile, you were actually poking around at Lily the whole time you were on Nolder. You knew not to vote Arsis, when Nolder (scum) put Arsis at L2, you voted Nolder and started stifling the Arsis train, which makes you look very pro-town in hindsight. Except town wouldn't know at the time how to navigate this situation so perfectly - this looks like a distancing vote on Nolder, while he tries to get Arsis lynched and you try to set yourself up to look super townie by defending Arsis.

You proceeded to prod at Lily, stifle the Arsis train and had no choice but to stay on Nolder after his sloppy play made it clear he was dead meat.

You are scum.

Yeah, whoa...hold on here.

So I wasn't exactly around a ton, but this didn't strike me as correct.

Nyn voted JiF after Arsis' (VT) train was piling up, though the following 3-4 pages worth of posts include NOTHING from Nyn in regards to starting, pushing, and advocating for the lynch of Nolder.  Unless you count JiF's case to which she responded with:

I agree

Fascinating.

Now all this said, Nol does "go against the grain" by voting Nyn -- who was already on him -- causing over half the game (7) to have votes at the time.  Still leaving us with Smash, Arsis, and JiF with multiple votes.

Nyn has the built in excuse of OMGUS for her weak jump to him (I was the only other vote on him at the time, still my initial joke vote) and he pretty quickly (<2 hours) jumped on to 80...so little to no heat gets on Nyn during the whole exchange.

unvote vote Nyn

hysterical that not only am I still "playing" but my requests to be removed have thus far been ignored LOL.

I fail to see what the problem is?

I haven't played anywhere in a while. Between all the things that have been happening in my family, I haven't had time.  And I prefer to play here over DM, so it's been a while longer since I've played there.

So you haven't played much with Nyn?  That's basically my point.  The "is Lily usually like this?" seemed disingenuous, assuming she's played more than a couple of games with you.

hysterical that not only am I still "playing" but my requests to be removed have thus far been ignored LOL.

Give me your top 3 scum. 

so yeah... just put an offer in and waiting to hear how gross their counter is.  probably won't know till tomorrow.

Good luck. In our town houses were all going for 20 and 30k over asking, we only ended up going 7,500 over, a bargain in this market (where we'd lost our previous 3 offers to cash offers that all went 30k or higher than us) because I negotiate like a mother****er.

Give me your top 3 scum. 

Good luck. In our town houses were all going for 20 and 30k over asking, we only ended up going 7,500 over, a bargain in this market (where we'd lost our previous 3 offers to cash offers that all went 30k or higher than us) because I negotiate like a mother****er.

hmm..  80, JiF, and me.

yeah I think we have a great shot here...  house was originally priced way too high and has been on the market a couple months as a result.  they finally came down to reality a week or so ago so we're getting in at the right time.  plus the guy already has another house so he needs to get out.  all that plus it's friggin the holidays..  who the hell wants to move now?  I think we won't have much if any competition..  but if he gets cute with us he'll lose.  we have a figure in mind and are not going over it.  let him pay 2 mortgages during christmas if he wants to be cute.

Dude there was like 84699043063 pages of you and Nyn going at it and almost everyone else either voting Pac or talking about houses.

Exactly, the only thing going on was me prodding Nyn - and typical JN non-game chatter - which gave you a pretty easy view of her reactions and my logic. You said you "didn't see it". Then suddenly you think she's scum, and your telling me I copied your reads. Makes no sense, you've always done well scum hunting by drafting off of the ruckus I make. Now you're crying confused, which I don't buy, or understand.

hmm..  80, JiF, and me.

yeah I think we have a great shot here...  house was originally priced way too high and has been on the market a couple months as a result.  they finally came down to reality a week or so ago so we're getting in at the right time.  plus the guy already has another house so he needs to get out.  all that plus it's friggin the holidays..  who the hell wants to move now?  I think we won't have much if any competition..  but if he gets cute with us he'll lose.  we have a figure in mind and are not going over it.  let him pay 2 mortgages during christmas if he wants to be cute.

Kill: you, no explanation needed

Marry: JIF, he'll leave me for Crusher, so I'll be back on the market in no time

****: 80, virgin-ey virgin virgin

Archived