Twilight Zone - Mafia Game

Leelou

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has wombat made a case at all, or has he only sat back and told us how to interpret things... Like which votes "Hard bussed " nolder. Or how Jif is pumping the brakes on not blind lynching verb.

Seems like he's spinning, I also yhink he forgot he told me he didn't see the case on Nyn, then voted her when avm and 80 made her train take off.

80, wombat, avm are of most interest to me.

Wombat ISO

OP - Lily and Verb seem disingenuous. Drops a vote on Verbal.

Verb tells him his face is disingenuous (lol)... and he's like.... that's not gonna help your case. He addresses Lily telling him he's wrong by asking her to help him out.

Says that on page 7 Nolder is 100% town. FoSes JiF and 80.

Votes JiF

Quote a post of Nolder and says he's 100% town. Explains that his read is based on tone.

Then Unvotes and Votes JiF again. Didn't remember who your vote was on, Womby? lol

Crusher calls him out on giving out 100% guarantees. That it's not town friendly and makes him feel worse about Nolder. He wraps it up with saying that Wombat should die. Womby replies with: Who cares? People do outrageous claims all the time. Gives an example of JiF throwing out a 100% godfather read once. I think this exchange is kinda interesting, considering Nolder's flip and Crusher being the nightkill and flipping town. Plus I felt that Wombat's defense against Crusher's point was weak. "Oh everyone does it!". :tongue:  I think tone reading can be incorporated into someone's read, especially early on when there isn't much to go on. But it should result in nothing more than a light town read that is either gonna be substantiated later on or not by the person's content... but him throwing out such a guarantee solely based on it was iffy.

Verbal asks him if he's serious about using tone. He says 456%

When Nolder says he's not going to claim Wombat says it's dumb and makes no sense. But he still sticks to his vote on JiF and doesn't waver.

When Nolder self votes and hammers himself, Wombat says anti-nolder vote and lols. 

Then later on he replies to me calling Lily's tone fake and says he actually liked how she sounded in what I quoted. This is after he started off the game saying she's sounding disingenuous. I guess he had a change of hearts? He follows up saying that Nolder self hammering prolly means he was hard bussed. While I do think Nolder was bussed by at least one teammate..... as I'm rereading Wombat's posts...I'm getting a bad juju from him saying this.

Arsis suggests it it might be JiF who was bussing. Wombat says possible but unlikely. Prolly Smash. 30 minutes later he says that upon further reflection Smash is prolly clean and then he votes Arsis. Doesn't really say how he reached this conclusion. JiF questions him what was so townie about Nolder and Wombat replies that he quoted the post in question already.

When 80 whines about no one following him on Verbal unless JiF gives his Batman seal of approval, Wombat is like.... maybe you should stop voting him all the time. But 5 minutes later he posts again saying: If you want people to vote him so much then make a case..... So which is it? Should he stop voting Verbal or should he try to push his train? These posts don't make sense. Feels like he was worried he'd be perceived as defending Verbal and tried to damage control it with the following post.

So then 80 cases Verbal. And Wombat is like... oh yeah yeah... I noticed the early stuff too... but Verbal's vote on Nolder could just be laziness rather than bussing (second time he feels the need to soft defend Verbal). He says he'd like to hear from other people before he commits to anything.

Then he drops a vote on Pac (I'm guessing after Arsis was MKed). He never did bother to explain why he put his vote on Arsis in the first place.

Then he says it's time to unite against a common enemy and votes Verbal (who at that point had only AVM voting him). Here's the funny thing. Between him posting his opinion about 80's case on Verbal and him voting Verbal.....no one really commented about the case. Arsis got MKed and Ape subbed in and had a back and forth with me. So what happened to waiting to hear from other people before he commits? I guess that went out the window. lol

Then he tells Ape he doesn't trust him or see his case on me.

Then after AVM hmmms my vote on Verbal, he votes me.

His next post he says he'd be okay with a lynch on 80 or me. He doesn't really say why 80. Before he half agreed with his case on Verbal. Enough to later on put his vote on Verbal. But now he's one of his top scum. Ape apparently isn't, even though he mentioned him earlier.

Then when 80 unvotes and votes Verbal again, Wombat goes on about the L-2 rule not being the point and that I was shriking responsibility as I was voting for Verbal. He follows this up by voting 80. Then he pulls up quotes of 80's interactions with Nolder and saying they look awkward. He also points out one of 80's posts, saying he wants credit for Nolder's lynch. 

Then a minute later he posts "2/3 of that looks bussy to me, but idk if 80 would be so lazy as to bus Nolder with a terrible meta reason." Kinda hedging imo. It sounds like he doesn't believe what he's saying.

Then Ape says it's either 80 or me today and that Wombat is on notice. Wombat replies with gross. Odd, considering Ape is essentially agreeing with his FoSes lol

His following post is funny. Directed at Ape. "So predictable. You agree with my reads and then FoS me just in case you're wrong.  FOr anyone else, that would be a scumtell, you know."  First of all..... Ape had a scum read on me and cased me way before Wombat did. A case, if I might add, Wombat didn't agree with. I'm not sure which of them brought up 80 first as fishy. But yeah, I don't like how Wombat is trying to swap it around as if he made these reads first and Ape is following along like a lost puppy. Couldn't be further from the truth.

His next post is "agreed about Nyn and Lily". JiF and Ape were townreading me and saying that Lily is difficult to read. So I really don't understand what exactly he's agreeing about in regards to Lily. But this is yet another example of his flip flopping about me. First he didn't see the case on me. Then jumped to vote me when I cast a vote on Verbal, who he was voting for as well. Then reverts back to town reading me. Seems to be going with the flow.

Then he reverts back to FoSing JiF for putting a stop to Verbal's blind lynch. I think this is funny considering he soft defended verbal twice before.

Says Smash is prolly town in his opinion. Second time he says that. BUT WHY???

He agrees with JiF that 80 looks like the better lynch, but in the same breath tells JiF that it "Feels like you're either in the zone or scum."

I feel like Wombat is all over the place. He's being inconsistent. He keeps flip flopping on his reads in ways that don't make sense to me. I can't follow his thought process at all. He seems off and I have no idea what his reads are at this point. Would be nice for him to give his current overview cause trying to infer anything from his posts and progression is impossible.

Smash is town for momentum voting Nolder and "mindmelds."

Verbal and 80 are both sketchy.  80 is sketchier.

I didn't like how you shirked responsibility for your late vote on Verb.  That's a pretty typical scum tactic.  So I voted you.  Some of your later responses look town though.

I'm not contending that I had a scum read on you before Ape, merely that Ape was trying to look for someone to blame in the event that his reads were wrong.  That's a typical Ape strategy.  He usually accuses people of Get Behind the Ape, or Leading the Ape, or Pulling the Ape's Tail so he Runs the Other Way, or Leading the Ape from Behind, or Following the Ape from the Front, or any other number of Ape-centric strategies that show that the Ape is being manipulated by evil scums.

Smash is town for momentum voting Nolder and "mindmelds."

Verbal and 80 are both sketchy.  80 is sketchier.

I didn't like how you shirked responsibility for your late vote on Verb.  That's a pretty typical scum tactic.  So I voted you.  Some of your later responses look town though.

I'm not contending that I had a scum read on you before Ape, merely that Ape was trying to look for someone to blame in the event that his reads were wrong.  That's a typical Ape strategy.  He usually accuses people of Get Behind the Ape, or Leading the Ape, or Pulling the Ape's Tail so he Runs the Other Way, or Leading the Ape from Behind, or Following the Ape from the Front, or any other number of Ape-centric strategies that show that the Ape is being manipulated by evil scums.

Ironic, Wombat accuses me of looking for someone to blame, by blaming me for myriad hypothetical nonsense.

Archived