Twilight Zone - Mafia Game

Leelou

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HESS IS HERE?!

There's your scum down there. 

</3

Has wombat made a case at all, or has he only sat back and told us how to interpret things... Like which votes "Hard bussed " nolder. Or how Jif is pumping the brakes on not blind lynching verb.

Seems like he's spinning, I also yhink he forgot he told me he didn't see the case on Nyn, then voted her when avm and 80 made her train take off.

80, wombat, avm are of most interest to me.

Oh how I was waiting for you to say my name.  Gives me strength.  Purpose.  The whole "I'm gonna pretend AVM isn't here" thing you were doing was hurting my feelings.  Yes I know, I'm "so bad at this game" or "completely irrelevant with no real effort given"...but I still was hoping for a good GFY or two.  </3 again.

As for "making her train go off" -- her post pinged, I questioned about her not knowing Lily and they both answered that they hadn't actually played much together.  The safe votes on each other to put half the game on the board was a solid thought, but isn't exactly evidence of anything in the big picture (though I really thought my vote was still on her? Guess not?).  

Smash is town for momentum voting Nolder and "mindmelds."

What did you mindmeld about exactly? I think smash was iffy about JiF at first, then came around. And he's been suspicious of Verbal. 

Verbal and 80 are both sketchy.  80 is sketchier.

WHY?!

I'm not contending that I had a scum read on you before Ape, merely that Ape was trying to look for someone to blame in the event that his reads were wrong.  That's a typical Ape strategy.  He usually accuses people of Get Behind the Ape, or Leading the Ape, or Pulling the Ape's Tail so he Runs the Other Way, or Leading the Ape from Behind, or Following the Ape from the Front, or any other number of Ape-centric strategies that show that the Ape is being manipulated by evil scums.

At that point you were both scum reading me. Why would you be worried about him potentially trying to pin it on you if he's wrong? Unless of course you already knew he was. 

HESS IS HERE?!

</3

Oh how I was waiting for you to say my name.  Gives me strength.  Purpose.  The whole "I'm gonna pretend AVM isn't here" thing you were doing was hurting my feelings.  Yes I know, I'm "so bad at this game" or "completely irrelevant with no real effort given"...but I still was hoping for a good GFY or two.  </3 again.

As for "making her train go off" -- her post pinged, I questioned about her not knowing Lily and they both answered that they hadn't actually played much together.  The safe votes on each other to put half the game on the board was a solid thought, but isn't exactly evidence of anything in the big picture (though I really thought my vote was still on her? Guess not?).  

Is this the part where you say I think you are scum every game? 

Is this the part where you say I think you are scum every game? 

Technically you haven't said I'm scum yet -- just that I'm one of the three most interesting to you right now.  So no.

That part comes later.

Technically you haven't said I'm scum yet -- just that I'm one of the three most interesting to you right now.  So no.

That part comes later.

Your most significant contributions have been:

1. Nudging suspicion on Nyn, after the Ape spent the day casing her, and having it ignite her train - with an AVM vote to attach to it, if it ends up being a mislynch.

2. Popping in to pre-emptively defend yourself the minute your name gets mentioned.

You are playing careful. Like a paranoid, scared scum AVM. Not like the townish "nothing to lose" AwesomeVM.

Your most significant contributions have been:

1. Nudging suspicion on Nyn, after the Ape spent the day casing her, and having it ignite her train - with an AVM vote to attach to it, if it ends up being a mislynch.

2. Popping in to pre-emptively defend yourself the minute your name gets mentioned.

You are playing careful. Like a paranoid, scared scum AVM. Not like the townish "nothing to lose" AwesomeVM.

1 -- Are you sure I didn't vote Nyn?  I know I'm not voting her currently, apparently...but I could have sworn I did...

2 -- How is it "the minute" my name was mentioned when you both talked about me last night, and I came in today and posted my response? lol

Yeah, whoa...hold on here.

So I wasn't exactly around a ton, but this didn't strike me as correct.

Nyn voted JiF after Arsis' (VT) train was piling up, though the following 3-4 pages worth of posts include NOTHING from Nyn in regards to starting, pushing, and advocating for the lynch of Nolder.  Unless you count JiF's case to which she responded with:

Fascinating.

Now all this said, Nol does "go against the grain" by voting Nyn -- who was already on him -- causing over half the game (7) to have votes at the time.  Still leaving us with Smash, Arsis, and JiF with multiple votes.

Nyn has the built in excuse of OMGUS for her weak jump to him (I was the only other vote on him at the time, still my initial joke vote) and he pretty quickly (<2 hours) jumped on to 80...so little to no heat gets on Nyn during the whole exchange.

unvote vote Nyn

@Lovely Leelou:

Was this missed or is the vote count currently correct?

1 -- Are you sure I didn't vote Nyn?  I know I'm not voting her currently, apparently...but I could have sworn I did...

2 -- How is it "the minute" my name was mentioned when you both talked about me last night, and I came in today and posted my response? lol

1 - you wrote "Hmmm...", nothing more

2 - "the minute" "as soon as you saw" "right after" "upon hearing that" ... you know what I mean. If you want to try to dig your heels in on something like the date stamps, I will destroy you. Real life time might have put my mention of you and your reaction apart by a night of sleep, but how much game was played while people were sleeping? What a stupid counter-argument, you just earned this... 

Unvote

Vote AVM

@AVM my cell wont let me quote.... but after the last game I realized that I could push a lynch all day and wave my arms in the air but the tells I follow are vastly different than the tells the rest of you follow because you have a lot more experience with each other. So I put my vote where my mouth is. I by no means was taking credit on Nolder's train building. JiF put in the work and build a case. What he said added to what I saw. I could have did a 1000000 words reply but why do that? he was picking up on irregularities in Nol as I have.

As far as Lily goes I havent played with her in ages but I dont recall her tone being this bad on DM.

I don't really understand the OMGUS bit. Nol voted me after I voted him.

No comments, AVM?  What about my post of explaining my thought process here: 

What about Lily and Wombat ISOs? Agree? Disagree?

Hmm...

@AVM this is the post I'm talking about as the non-vote nudge of a Nyn train. You didn't vote her, but you did this after she dealt with me all day. It was like an FOS, but when people saw it, they used it to pile on. Wombat, Lily and 80 look filthy dirty, tbh.

I'm giving Lily benefit of the doubt, can't pressure everyone at once. 80 can die whenever you sally's are ready. Wombat too.  

Vote Count

Verbal (4) - AVM, Wombat, Smash, Nyn

Pac (1) - Lily

Smash (1) - JiF

Nyn (1) - Ape

Not Voting - Pac, Verbal, 80

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

Yep.

unvote

Vote Nyn

I had you pegged as town but you had to know Verbal was at L-2 before making this vote....

Unvote vote Nyn

I'm not seeing the case on Verbal, but I do see Ape's case on Nyn. I'm going to think things over before I vote, but I'll probably vote there. 

For now, Unvote Pac

Oh, what the hell. I'm going to end up doing it anyway, and we all know it.

Vote Nyn

Vote Count

Nyn (4) - Ape, Wombat, 80, Lily

Verbal (3) - AVM, Smash, Nyn

Smash (1) - JiF

Not Voting - Pac, Verbal

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

Final Vote Count

Nol (7) - Nyn, JiF, 80, Smash, Lily, Verb, Nol

JiF (1) - Wombat

Smash (1) - AVM

Crusher (1) - Arsis

Wombat (1) - Crusher

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Verbal was one of my top 2 reads and his L-1 vote puts him squarely on the Bus vote list.  Smash and Lily are fine choices as well but Verb is suspect numero uno.

This comes across as using what just happened to set up the next day's mislynch. Nyn and Wombat also insisted that the only bus votes on Nolder would have been late voters.

Which makes me wonder if Nyn and 80 (being early) voters were the only 2 to vote Nolder. 

Upon further reflection, Smash is town.

Vote Arsis

Seriously, what is this... setting up a mirror fake claim? 

2/3 of that looks bussy to me, but idk if 80 would be so lazy as to bus Nolder with a terrible meta reason.

Hmm... this aligns with the agenda I just suggested, that scum (Womb, 80 and Nyn) were suggesting only late voters on Nolder could have bused him, in order to keep heat off of Nyn and 80 the potential early bussers.

Here wombat is suggesting 80 wouldn't be lazy - what? seriously? 

Hmm... this aligns with the agenda I just suggested, that scum (Womb, 80 and Nyn) were suggesting only late voters on Nolder could have bused him, in order to keep heat off of Nyn and 80 the potential early bussers.

I didn't say scum HAVE to be late bussers. I just think it's more likely. But I still made distinctions. I thought JiF's points and push on Nolder were good. 80's posts seemed fine too. Lily I didn't like anyhow before that and the timing of her vote on Nolder added to it. Didn't like Verbal's interactions with Nolder either. Then his vote looked bad too.

Smash, imo, wasn't pushing an agenda. Would I have liked him to add some reasoning to his vote? sure. But his other posts in the game don't seem bad to me. It would be nice if he posted more, though.

I'm not pushing Verbal and Lily because they were late bussers and only late bussers could possibly be scum. I'm pushing them because I didn't like their content, their interactions with Nolder and the timing of their votes.

Yeah. In other words, "hey town, only lynch people from Nolder's train".

I do agree with this, though. I haven't really taken into consideration the players not on Nolder's train. With 13 players and I'm assuming a 1:4 ratio there are probably 3 scum in this game. It's possible one bussed and the other one didn't. So after dinner I'll take a look at the final VC and see what gives.

No comments, AVM?  What about my post of explaining my thought process here: 

What about Lily and Wombat ISOs? Agree? Disagree?

Genuinely thought I did? Same as voting for you.  I'll go back and look this evening.

Alright, the AVM vote was just a wisecrack, incase it wasn't obvious ... going back to 80.

Unvote

Vote 80

I love you so much it hurts

AVM - missed

All good, dear.

Archived