Twilight Zone - Mafia Game

Leelou

Ok so I skimmed back a bit since I still have to read all this crap and I noticed that Verbal never claimed nor posted anything. Why not be a little patient and leave him at L-2 ? Seems like a big waste of time to run someone up then just drop it. I wont be re reading until tomorrow morning I have to go to work now.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fail to see what the problem is?

So you haven't played much with Nyn?  That's basically my point.  The "is Lily usually like this?" seemed disingenuous, assuming she's played more than a couple of games with you.

We haven't played together very much. Maybe 2-3 games total. 

@AVM my cell wont let me quote.... but after the last game I realized that I could push a lynch all day and wave my arms in the air but the tells I follow are vastly different than the tells the rest of you follow because you have a lot more experience with each other. So I put my vote where my mouth is. I by no means was taking credit on Nolder's train building. JiF put in the work and build a case. What he said added to what I saw. I could have did a 1000000 words reply but why do that? he was picking up on irregularities in Nol as I have.

As far as Lily goes I havent played with her in ages but I dont recall her tone being this bad on DM.

Nyn has the built in excuse of OMGUS for her weak jump to him (I was the only other vote on him at the time, still my initial joke vote) and he pretty quickly (<2 hours) jumped on to 80...so little to no heat gets on Nyn during the whole exchange.

I don't really understand the OMGUS bit. Nol voted me after I voted him.

Maybe if I explain my thought process you guys will understand where I was coming from.

Game starts. Some people started voting Arsis. Around page 3 he says:

I'm town btw in case anyone actually cared about something like that.

That's a townArsis post, imo. I've played like 2-3 games with Arsis on DM, Halli's game here on JN and I've had multiple conversations with him about mafia. He loves rolling scum with a passion. Despises rolling town and doesn't feel like he knows how to play as a townie. So when he rolls scum, he's very motivated, over-eager, scheming like. It was apparent in Halli's game here when he flew off the handle and got caught. As town he's doesn't care. He's awkward. The above post of like..... yeah, I'm town if anyone actually cares.... gave me a town feel. Again, this is like only page 3 so there isn't much to go by. 

Then 6 minutes later, Nolder drops this gem:

Someone's nervous.

Unvote

Vote Arsis

1. He didn't sound nervous at all so lol

2. He was just pilling along with the rest for a stupid reason.

Arsis responds:

Nol/jif/lili?

This is actually another post that seems townie for Arsis. He is basically using OMGUS to guess at who the scum team might be. Those are the three people who were voting him at that moment. It's silly and it's not something he'd say as scum, imo.

Then Nolder replies:

No, we're town.

No we're town.

You can tell because I said so.

In case you actually care about something like that.

He should be speaking for himself and yet he chooses to speak for all three.

Crusher then tells Arsis he's at L-2 and it's time to fake reveal. Arsis says no thank you. Another post that makes him look townie. He just seems to not care. As scum he would have happily fake revealed by now.

Then I vote Nolder:

Unvote

Vote Nolder

Then Lily drops by:

Too bad my vote's already on Arsis. This would make me switch. Sounds desperate.

It's not desperate, it's stupid. Arsis wouldn't use OMGUS as scum. It will get him lynched in like a second. He has an air of not caring and decided to take the easiest angle so he doesn't have to put in any work lol

So yeah, this is page 3. This is all I had to go on. A gutfeeling about Arsis and a consequent bad feeling about Nolder as a result. Nolder later on voting me to 'beat the grass' did nothing to change my feelings about him. Then JiF started leaning in on Nolder which got him to emo vomit all over the thread. JiF did great, I agreed with him and saw absolutely NO REASON to change my vote at any point.

What I find funny is that I'm getting crap for having an initial vote on Nolder and then keeping it there while "doing nothing but agreeing with JiF". While someone like... oh lets say Lilly... never mentioned Nolder at any point and actually jumped on Arsis WITH him...... but then later on drops a vote on Nolder:

JiF makes sense to me. Let's see what you got, Nol.

Unvote

Vote Nolder

ie showing up.... dropping and agreed with JiF's case... and putting her vote on Nolder. 

So I fail to see a distinction.

At the end of the day I put my vote on Nolder over not much, I agree. I didn't have much info to go on that early in the game plus I don't think trying to push it would have changed much. I let my vote speak for itself. And when JiF unmasked him I agreed with him whole heartedly.

Lily ISO

Haven't read my role PM yet, but checking in anyway. 

I don't like it, personally. I don't think people should post in a game thread before reading their PM, but that's just me (maybe it's something that is fine here, lunno).

Arsis FoSes her for it. She responds with...

It's scummy to say this so early. 

I checked it. I'm town, but Arsis isn't. 

Vote Arsis

WHAT? LOL  Apparently it's not too early to vote someone xD   wtf.

Too bad my vote's already on Arsis. This would make me switch. Sounds desperate.

I addressed this in my earlier post. I don't think it was desperate. It was just a stupid and lazy angle. Could it be interperted as scummy? Possibly. Ergo if she dropped a vote here it would look better. Her dropping a vote when she did seemed opportunistic. Especially since I think Arsis was in the right when he FoSed her for it.

No, attacking the people voting you is. It's called trying to deflect attention off yourself. If you had nothing to hide, you'd claim already. But maybe you and the rest of the scum team are still cooking up your fake claim. 

Not really deflecting. More like doing the single stupidiest thing and bringing everyone down on him xD. I think she's overplaying the whole 'attacking' thing. The whole add on of why he's not claiming to cook up fake claims is dense too. I googled it. There are like over 150 episodes in this show. Seems like she's trying to fuel her case with nonsense. 

Then there's a back and forth of Arsis saying she's PR hunting. She's like nau-uh I'm not. Just rattling your cage. This is how mafia is played. You are VERY interesting so far. Bla bla bla.

Wombat drops a vote on her for being disingenuous, which I totally agree with. 

Fascinating observation. Wrong, but fascinating. At least wrong about me. I don't know about Verb. 

What grates me is the add on about Verb. Not sure what to make of it. 

Then about 8 hours later:

JiF makes sense to me. Let's see what you got, Nol.

Unvote

Vote Nolder

What happened to Arsis? I mean. She voted him. Then said man, if my vote wasn't already on you, I would totally vote you again. All this flare. Saying she checked her PM and she's town, but Arsis is SCUM. She's rattling his cage. He's not claiming because clearly the scum team are taking time to think up false claims. Where's all the conviction about Arsis?   Nah... it's better to fall behind JiF and vote for someone she didn't even mention once since the game started lol

So when Nolder was making all these posts and joining her attack on Arsis they were creating beautiful memories but when JiF boxed up Nolder's posts with his commentary... then suddenly she sees the light of day!!!   Obvious bussing.

Then Nolder questions her.

I guess maybe it's not as much that JiF makes sense to me as I don't like your defense. It's both but more your defense. 

So now it's not JiF's case. It's his defense. *looks at the previous quote*  Funny I see no mention of this there. lol

If I die tonight, lynch Jif tomorrow.

xD  No words.

Wow! I was going to vote Arsis, but he's gone. I had a bad feeling about Nyn, but I shrugged it off as OMGUS. I could vote there, but not going to yet. Did 80 actually make a case? It wasn't half bad, but I feel good about Verb at this point, so I'm not going there. In short, I don't know where I want to vote today yet. 

Wow! This post is so fake. lol

Then she drops a vote on Pac to come out and play.

Call it artificial if you want. I'm just sharing my thoughts, such as they are. I like to think things through, not act impulsively, at least this early in a game. 

Thanks for the permission!  

I'm not seeing the case on Verbal, but I do see Ape's case on Nyn. I'm going to think things over before I vote, but I'll probably vote there. 

For now, Unvote Pac

Oh, what the hell. I'm going to end up doing it anyway, and we all know it.

Vote Nyn

What happened to not acting impulsively and thinking things through? lol

In a nutshell. She jumped on Arsis for no reason along with Nolder. Then despite her pushing Arsis hardcore she fell behind JiF without a peep, being one of the late voters on Nolder's train. Then she's like.... I don't know who I'm gonna vote.... maybe this... maybe that..... disappears for 24 hours.... and once a train builds on me she falls behind Ape on his case on me, as if it wasn't obvious. When the only mention she made of me was that she has a bad feeling about me but that's it's prolly OMGUS. Doesn't say anything concrete otherwise.

She adds a bit buttering up to the Ape, because why not:

When you make sense, you make sense, Ape. What can I say? 

She tells me to stop squirming and claim when I already did. Trying to make it seem like I'm sweating in my jammies. lol

All in all I see zero original thought from Lily. The one person she bothered perusing (for eh reasons) she didn't even follow through with it. She always ended up agreeing with other people's cases once a considerable train has been established... and basically going where the wind blows.

Maybe if I explain my thought process you guys will understand where I was coming from.

Game starts. Some people started voting Arsis. Around page 3 he says:

That's a townArsis post, imo. I've played like 2-3 games with Arsis on DM, Halli's game here on JN and I've had multiple conversations with him about mafia. He loves rolling scum with a passion. Despises rolling town and doesn't feel like he knows how to play as a townie. So when he rolls scum, he's very motivated, over-eager, scheming like. It was apparent in Halli's game here when he flew off the handle and got caught. As town he's doesn't care. He's awkward. The above post of like..... yeah, I'm town if anyone actually cares.... gave me a town feel. Again, this is like only page 3 so there isn't much to go by.

Then 6 minutes later, Nolder drops this gem:

1. He didn't sound nervous at all so lol

2. He was just pilling along with the rest for a stupid reason.

Arsis responds:

This is actually another post that seems townie for Arsis. He is basically using OMGUS to guess at who the scum team might be. Those are the three people who were voting him at that moment. It's silly and it's not something he'd say as scum, imo.

Then Nolder replies:

He should be speaking for himself and yet he chooses to speak for all three.

Crusher then tells Arsis he's at L-2 and it's time to fake reveal. Arsis says no thank you. Another post that makes him look townie. He just seems to not care. As scum he would have happily fake revealed by now.

Then I vote Nolder:

Then Lily drops by:

It's not desperate, it's stupid. Arsis wouldn't use OMGUS as scum. It will get him lynched in like a second. He has an air of not caring and decided to take the easiest angle so he doesn't have to put in any work lol

So yeah, this is page 3. This is all I had to go on. A gutfeeling about Arsis and a consequent bad feeling about Nolder as a result. Nolder later on voting me to 'beat the grass' did nothing to change my feelings about him. Then JiF started leaning in on Nolder which got him to emo vomit all over the thread. JiF did great, I agreed with him and saw absolutely NO REASON to change my vote at any point.

What I find funny is that I'm getting crap for having an initial vote on Nolder and then keeping it there while "doing nothing but agreeing with JiF". While someone like... oh lets say Lilly... never mentioned Nolder at any point and actually jumped on Arsis WITH him...... but then later on drops a vote on Nolder:

ie showing up.... dropping and agreed with JiF's case... and putting her vote on Nolder.

So I fail to see a distinction.

At the end of the day I put my vote on Nolder over not much, I agree. I didn't have much info to go on that early in the game plus I don't think trying to push it would have changed much. I let my vote speak for itself. And when JiF unmasked him I agreed with him whole heartedly.

Ape approved. ^^^^

I like Nyn. She's good.

Never can read Lily. Definitely my hardest read. Feel like she does this stuff all the time.

Yeah, Nyn is town I think it became clear earlier into my press on her. Which then brings me to Wombat, 80 and Lily. Definitely scum among the 3.

Lily acknowledged get behind ape. Wombat said I had no case, but eventually voted her when she got run up quickly. AVM said "hmmmm" and 80 voted her, but then bailed out.

I think, until I have a chance to read more, I'm content voting 80.

Ok so I skimmed back a bit since I still have to read all this crap and I noticed that Verbal never claimed nor posted anything. Why not be a little patient and leave him at L-2 ? Seems like a big waste of time to run someone up then just drop it. I wont be re reading until tomorrow morning I have to go to work now.

This seems like Smash impersonating himself as town. Doesn't have that real anger about not getting verb's reveal, it's more casual.

Vote Count

Verbal (3) - AVM, Smash, 80

80 (3) - JiF, Wombat, Ape

Nyn (1) - Lily

Lily (1) - Nyn

Not Voting - Pac, Verbal

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

Is ther a reason verbal isn't posting?

I think these are good competing trains, lily and Nyn need to put them at L2. You voting each other is noted, now help the overall picture.

I've reread both Verbal and 80's posts. I think 80's case on him has some merit and 80's posts seem fine to me overall. I get the impression that he genuinely thinks Verbal is scum. And his reaction to me putting Verbal at L-1 gives him some brownie points imo. If he was looking for an easy mislynch he wouldn't have said a thing. Or alternatively he could have pushed my train. He did neither and unvoted me as soon as I explained myself. 

As I said before I feel iffy about Verbal's exchange with Nolder and his vote on him. It could very realistically be bussing. I haven't seen anything in his posts that make me feel better about him. And I can sort of see what 80 means about Verbal trying too hard. Specifically his lulz comment about extending the deadline to Wed grated me a bit. Makes me wonder if he was trying to buy more time. Also I disliked his push at 80 for calling Arsis useless. Arsis was being useless and lazy. Saying he could have cut the lynching pool in half is rubbish.

Unvote

Vote Verbal

Mod note - Verb is traveling for work, he will be scarce the next couple days.

I asked someone to replace Pac, so if that pans out then there will be a replacement. If not, he'll be out by the end of night phase.

No deadline yet.

Should I blind hammer Verbal and let Verbal replace Pac when he gets back?

So pissed leelou sent me the dead thread.  Would have liked to play this game with my pet Ape.  Even though you have barely participated this game.  I still like it.  

Don't mistake me saying "I won't be able to participate" as meaning "I won't post a lot". The preoccupation of work/life is more about mental participation, not chatter.

So the mod says Verb is traveling and will be sporadic but we are running him up anyway?

Okay...

I'm not playing and haven't ready much at all but this post stinks to high hell.  I'd vote you for this alone...  if I was playing that is.

That was a good case, Nyn, You're wrong in your conclusion, though. I'm town. I've seen scum put together good cases, so I'm not changing my vote over it. 

I never thought Verbal was town, necessarily. I just didn't see the case on him. While it's fun to blind lynch Verb, I'd rather not participate in that again. When we do that, he's usually cop. So, I'll wait until he gets back and has a chance to defend, and then reevaluate. 

That was a good case, Nyn, You're wrong in your conclusion, though. I'm town. I've seen scum put together good cases, so I'm not changing my vote over it. 

I never thought Verbal was town, necessarily. I just didn't see the case on him. While it's fun to blind lynch Verb, I'd rather not participate in that again. When we do that, he's usually cop. So, I'll wait until he gets back and has a chance to defend, and then reevaluate. 

I'm probably going to vote you now.

Archived