Ravens cheerleader gets dropped on head, show must go on for the NFL!

SenorGato

So I just read that a Ravens cheerleader was dropped performing a stunt on Sunday, landing on her neck and head. Was that enough to stop the game? Nope, not for this scumbag, sh*t dicked league. She was attended to and stretchered off the field while the game went on because cla-yass. 

Apparently the league told her that time is money bitch, and ain't nobody got time to stop life for some possibly paralyzed cheerleader. Something along those lines I bet...The woman is OK and has been released from the hospital, but tweets from the crowd when it happened said it looked brutal. She was not moving, though a photographer said she was hyperventilating and crying.

Reminds me of the Penn and Teller: Bullsh*t episode about cheerleaders. It's basically the most dangerous major sport in 'Merica.

was she on the field?  why stop the game for a cheerleader on the sideline?  do they stop the game when someone in the stands falls or gets punched out?

Oh sh*t, good point. There's no difference between a cheerleader employed by an NFL franchise possibly getting paralyzed and some drunk fanatic getting punched on a Sunday (or Monday, Thursday, eventually Saturday or Wednesday). It's like day and day!

If I was rich enough to buy a team, one of the first things I'd do is fire the cheerleaders. A complete waste of time and not worth the headache.

Cheerleaders are for HS and college.

I agree. The only purpose a cheerleader serves is for about 30 seconds of eye candy for TV. I don't even know why they pay them at all. The girls are just trying to get a little exposure for a modeling, or acting career. The NFL provides that.

Stop the game for a cheerleader injury? C'mon

Priority of concerns: paralysis >>>>>>>>>> embarrassment 

Apple oranges. The paralysis happened. Stopping the game would have done zero to help her.. I'm sure the priority was to get her medical help and to a hospital as fast as possible. I'm pretty sure that happened. Stopping the game to let everyone goggle over it would have served no purpose.

Apple oranges. The paralysis happened. Stopping the game would have done zero to help her.. I'm sure the priority was to get her medical help and to a hospital as fast as possible. I'm pretty sure that happened. Stopping the game to let everyone goggle over it would have served no purpose.

I agree with you, I just don't think the possibility of embarrassing her would have mattered to her. 

I agree with you, I just don't think the possibility of embarrassing her would have mattered to her. 

If she were paralyzed for the rest of her life, no. But I think they said she's ok. Gotta assume I think most people in that position would be thankful the ENTIRE game wasn't stopped just to watch her get put on a stretcher and carted off the field. I mean, sure, your average narcissist might appreciate the spotlight regardless. I dunno. I guess it depends on the person. Insignificant either way.

Archived