Injustice Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or right I forgot... 

I killed Hess. Oops.

Killed Hess and Nyn youre welcome

Why claim just Hess first, and then tack on Nyn later? Seems like if you'd really taken out the GF, especially when no one had even a little bit of a scum read on her, you'd be pretty damn proud of that and remember it. 

A note on game mechanics - especially since this is experimental, really wouldn't mind feedback:

Gimped the scum team by a player to offset the fact that they could rack up multiple kills per lynch (they needed to average 25 GRC per player) if they wanted.  JVoR being a low volume poster and Verbal getting sick killed that.  A shame.

Passive abilities and QTs: Players were assigned to QTs in the order they posted in the thread: 1, 8, 15 were team A, 2, 9, 16 were team B, and so on.  Completely random, which determined who got what boost from passive abilities.

For example, Des was a passive double vote generator, so all 3 members of his QT (Des, JiF, Lily) became double voters.  Luck of the draw that no scum got this.

The really powerful one was in the Darthe slot, since any GRC actions of his teammates would be doubled.  Of course, he got Wombat (no GRC action) and Hess (no GRC action), making it completely useless.

80 was a BPV generator; that meant he, Crush, and Elu all had one-time BPVs.

Lizzie reduced GRC triggers; only JVoR was impacted.

Krak was an immunity generator - the 3 members of his QT (Jetscode and Smash) were immune to having post counts reset (almost screwed that one up)

Other role PMs:

Pac/Elu:

479px-Zatanna_render.PNG

You are Zatana Zatara, town Healer.  Every 50 GRC posts, you may protect 1 player (including yourself) from the next Kill attempt on them.  This ability does not stack (i.e. once a new protect is issued, the old one is wiped, whether there has been a kill attempt or not) and cannot be banked; once you get 25 GRC posts past the trigger (i.e. 75, 125, 175 posts), the ability will be wiped and no longer available until you reach the next trigger. 

Once your ability is triggered, submit two names; unless your actions are doubled, only the first will be used. 

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Note: All players with GRC related actions will be told to submit two names per action, since action doubling is a possibility; if actions are not doubled, only the first name on the list will be used.  The scum factional kill cannot be doubled

(Thought town was gimped pretty hard by the doc essentially being MIA all game)

Barm:

BATMAN.PNG

You are Batman, detective extraordinaire.  As such, you may submit two names for alignment investigation after every 50 GRC posts you make.  Unless your action is doubled (a possibility), only the first name on the list will be used.

Note: All players with GRC related actions will be told to submit two names per action, since action doubling is a possibility; if actions are not doubled, only the first name on the list will be used.  The scum factional kill cannot be doubled

Jetscode:

Insurgency_Batman.png

You are Insurgency Batman, detective extraordinaire.  As such, you may submit two names for role investigation after every 50 GRC posts you make (you will get information on any power the player has).  Unless your action is doubled (a possibility), only the first name on the list will be used.

\injustice-lex-luthor-trailer.jpg

You are Lex Luthor, a town Special Blocker.  As a Special Blocker, you can reset any target’s GRC post count to zero every 40 GRC posts.  This does not stack and cannot be banked; you can only reset one player at a time and must submit your action before you submit another 20 GRC posts (i.e. before posts 60, 100, 140, etc.).  If you fail to do so, the ability will be wiped and no longer available until you reach the next trigger. 

Once your ability is triggered, submit two names; unless your actions are doubled, only the first will be used.

That's integrity

Leelou:

Green_Arrow_1.png

You are the Green Arrow, a townie Special Blocker.  Every 50 GRC posts, you may target 1 player (excluding yourself) and reset their GRC post count to zero.  This ability cannot be banked; once you get 25 GRC posts past the trigger (i.e. 75, 125, 175 posts), the ability will be wiped and no longer available until you reach the next trigger. 

AVM:

228px-Joker_%28Insurgency%29.png

You are The Joker, a townie Compulsive Killer. You may not holster, and must shoot somebody once every 40 GRC posts.  If you do not pick a target before you are halfway to your next kill (i.e. before posts 60, 100, 140, etc.), I will randomly select one for you from among only the town players.  (In other words, if you want a chance to kill scum, you’d better pick a target).

Once your ability is triggered, submit two names; unless your actions are doubled, only the first will be used.  (And yes, if your action is doubled and you don’t pick a second name, a townie will die.  If you are doubled and don’t pick any names, 2 townies will die).

Diana_of_Themyscira_%28Injustice_The_Reg

Regime Wonder Woman, Vanilla Scum and Passive Vote Count Resetter, Has Been Lynched

Town Wins

Oh. So...LK was town.

God help us...

GG town :biggrin:

GG. Fantastic game on your part imo.

I would have defended you to the end.

A note on game mechanics - especially since this is experimental, really wouldn't mind feedback:

Gimped the scum team by a player to offset the fact that they could rack up multiple kills per lynch (they needed to average 25 GRC per player) if they wanted.  JVoR being a low volume poster and Verbal getting sick killed that.  A shame.

Passive abilities and QTs: Players were assigned to QTs in the order they posted in the thread: 1, 8, 15 were team A, 2, 9, 16 were team B, and so on.  Completely random, which determined who got what boost from passive abilities.

For example, Des was a passive double vote generator, so all 3 members of his QT (Des, JiF, Lily) became double voters.  Luck of the draw that no scum got this.

The really powerful one was in the Darthe slot, since any GRC actions of his teammates would be doubled.  Of course, he got Wombat (no GRC action) and Hess (no GRC action), making it completely useless.

80 was a BPV generator; that meant he, Crush, and Elu all had one-time BPVs.

Lizzie reduced GRC triggers; only JVoR was impacted.

Krak was an immunity generator - the 3 members of his QT (Jetscode and Smash) were immune to having post counts reset (almost screwed that one up)

This was a really fun game and honestly I wouldn't mind one bit if it was reworked a bit and ran again given the flexibility the abilities and QT splitting made everything. Game could have turned out very differently with different QT teams.

Anyway thanks for running it. I can't imagine how much time it took to count everyone's GRC stuff on top of normal mod duties AND doing this during holiday season. It's not something I would have ever tried so you have my utmost respect for making it work.

Smash mirrored Ape with his one action - and that's what killed Nyn.

And Barm and AVM ending up on a QT together was huge for the town

I helped. :(

Lesson of the day: If you try to fling poo at Ape, it gets messy lol

You can't out ape an ape.

Nolder:

200px-Aquaman_1.png

You are Aquaman, Vanilla Town

Krak:

250px-LOBO.png

You are Lobo, Vanilla Town

80:

250px-CATWOMAN.PNG

You are Catwoman, Vanilla Town

Yep - go read the dead thread, Nolder - your "QTs can work if the cop investigates his partners first" was an MVP type post

Last PMs:

Lizzie:

200px-Green_Lantern_1.png

You are the Green Lantern, Vanilla Town

JiF:

250px-Deathstroke_Injustice_Render.png

You are Deathstroke, a Townie soldier of fortune.  You may, but need not, kill a player for every 70 GRC posts you make. This ability cannot be banked; once you get 35 GRC posts past the trigger (i.e. 105, 175 posts, etc.), the ability will be wiped and no longer available until you reach the next trigger. 

Yep - go read the dead thread, Nolder - your "QTs can work if the cop investigates his partners first" was an MVP type post

The funny thing about that is BECAUSE I made that post I was paranoid of Barm and AVM almost the entire time I was working with them.

Each time Barm got a townie result or AVM shot another townie I thought to myself "man I really need to say something and out these guys before they kill me".

lol

"Nyn

I'm kinda disappointed I won't be able to shoot Verbal this game. Was kinda looking forward to that possibility."

I know right?
I've been thinking the same thing in every game for months now.

I managed to get that off my chest in Tommy's game, but I'm greedy  xD

The funny thing about that is BECAUSE I made that post I was paranoid of Barm and AVM almost the entire time I was working with them.

Each time Barm got a townie result or AVM shot another townie I thought to myself "man I really need to say something and out these guys before they kill me".

lol

I knew from the very beginning our QT was going to be the paranoia ridden one :rl:

I mean we have you (and I mean no offense, you're just not going to blindly trust people -- good thing in these games) and me, who would be killing people regularly. Didn't matter who the 3rd was, it was set up to be a blow up.

Can everyone just take a moment to bask in my awfulness this game, though?  I shot 3 townies and it would have been 6 if I got doubled each time -- never targeting scum.  I never voted Verb, Nyn (I suspected her a little early then went away, but came back with the resetter stuff...which it looks like was incorrect), don't think I did more than joke vote JVoR either.

I was going to shoot him before Ape reset me the first time, which would have just about cleared me and Ape at the same time.  Another example of why you should keep your cool, it kept me from being able to make an impact play this game.

Just awful play :rl:

Doggin, I usually don't like complicated games, but I loved this one. Any chance you'll run something like it again?

Heh - thanks.  Always a chance.  This setup is very versatile, and I like the way the passives played out.  Pretty sure I'll be using that concept again, though I may have a different way of implementing them

Nyn you played fan-damn-tastic.

Your compiled thoughts posts on everyone in the game were so well written...just damn.  I wouldn't have shot you unless Barm got a guilty on you.

Which, btw, is why I whined about resetting Barm and not someone like me in the first place.  Maybe that makes a bit more sense, seeing as I knew his role (and believed him)

I knew from the very beginning our QT was going to be the paranoia ridden one :rl:

I mean we have you (and I mean no offense, you're just not going to blindly trust people -- good thing in these games) and me, who would be killing people regularly. Didn't matter who the 3rd was, it was set up to be a blow up.

Can everyone just take a moment to bask in my awfulness this game, though?  I shot 3 townies and it would have been 6 if I got doubled each time -- never targeting scum.  I never voted Verb, Nyn (I suspected her a little early then went away, but came back with the resetter stuff...which it looks like was incorrect), don't think I did more than joke vote JVoR either.

I was going to shoot him before Ape reset me the first time, which would have just about cleared me and Ape at the same time.  Another example of why you should keep your cool, it kept me from being able to make an impact play this game.

Just awful play :rl:

I'll take partial responsibility for the Lily kill. I may not have shot her but I encouraged it.

AVM, I thought you played it smart by claiming right off the bat. You had some unfortunate shots... but had you not claimed I think it could have been much much worse without Ape resetting you.

The scum team thanks you for your efforts, though  :D

And yeah, Doggin -- that game made you think.  Certainly doesn't make me look good to have played so poorly in an advanced game, but I love the deep thought put into games like these.  Having written a handful myself I know the time it requires, so putting this much effort and thought into it was just awesome.

Archived