Glad to be here!

mickeyshuler

Glad I found this site, actually forgot about it after being on Jetsinsider for 12 years. 

Got duped into checking out thehampur or whatever site that guy made, posted a legit thread and they changed the title and post all around, I questioned them about it and they banned me, weird crap, never had a single incident in all my years on JI.

Anyhow looking forward to reading and making the occasional post!

Thanks for keeping this up, whoever is responsible :)

So what did you post and what did it get changed to? I'm dying to know. 

Totally cool.  Again, and it's not a put down, you either got the JI Hampurite mentality/humor, or you didn't.  As Ragu so eloquently stated, you're better off here on Max' stroke of genius, JN.

Humor is one thing the part I don't like is going into your acct to change things.. Now if I can do it too fine but that's not the case there. And I don't remember the Mods on JI constantly going into accts and changing stuff maybe Warfish can answer that??

Humor is one thing the part I don't like is going into your acct to change things.. Now if I can do it too fine but that's not the case there. And I don't remember the Mods on JI constantly going into accts and changing stuff maybe Warfish can answer that??

Fair point.   The art is not doing it excessively or with malice.   

They screwed with mine also so I said just delete my acct.. 

I don't get it, I guess that just want to keep it for a small group of posters of the same mindset, usually message boards want more divergent views which attract more posters and drive post counts. But as I found out, it is their game and they can make the rules.  

I don't get it, I guess that just want to keep it for a small group of posters of the same mindset, usually message boards want more divergent views which attract more posters and drive post counts. But as I found out, it is their game and they can make the rules.  

I understand the hampur on JI was a fun place the problem is the lunatic's are running the asylum there.. I even don't have a problem with that but give everyone the same right to change stuff.. That they won't do.. :animal0029: You can't say you have to have a sense of humor(which I do) but restrict me from having fun with their accts.. Ahh such is life.. :winking0001:

Posted that Rex was screwed by Idzick, which I feel he was. I think he's a good coach, he has faults, but I think whoever we get is going to have a hell of a time winning with our qb situation. I'm in the minority I know, but I honestly think he's the best we've had by far since Parcells. 

You wouldn't.  You were never involved in the JI Hampur, so would not appreciate/comprehend the vibe.  

Like Max before him, Ragu got off his ass, took the bull by the horns, and started an alternative to the modern Ice Station Zebra that is sooth's new "enterprise" (albeit disastrous) after all of us were sold out.  Ragu's place is 90% about busting balls.  The other, more serious, 10% is in the all football forum.  

You can't quite say that to me, and I don't get it either. 

Alot (and I mean ALOT) of good dudes on it, but......it's not for me.  All joke, all ball busting, all lols....no football. It's like a Comedy/Inside Jokefest Forum, which is cool (especially with that group), but I am here for Football.

The Hampur is/was only great when it was attached to a great football board as well, IMO.  After all, thats why we all joined JI to start with, the Jets.

Good on Ragu for jumping up and staking a place for the Hampur folks to continue to Hampur.  You have to respect that.  I wish them all the very very best and miss some of them more than a man should miss another man on the interweb.  I can only hope I see my favorites here from time to time.

Honestly, tho, I think many a former JI'er felt JN itself was far too inside joke/clique/insular a community for them as well, and I don't think they're that wrong on that point.  JN isn't JI, and the vibe here is very different in many ways, and JN has it's own long and storied history of posters, debates, conflicts, people and inside jokes/fights and the like too. 

It's not easy to break through all that as a "new" guy, when you feel like you were just a "long well known guy" on JI.  Especially in the Hampur.

Most JI Mods would never do that, no.  Would never even think to do it.

Now, I did it from time to time (changing an Avatar or Sig Image only, no other changes) to a VERY select few posters (FF was one, for example) who I either felt would get the joke, know it was me, or get the lol.  Even then, I think it bothered more then found it funny, and I didn't do it for long or very often.  Some I think I thought I was more friends with than perhaps I was. 

It's just not a great idea, and even those who did lol about it I don't think really felt it was funny, in hindsight.

We're still cool if I tap into your account to zoom in on your avatar a bit, right? JN standards must prevail. No offense intended.

This is a great place. Thank you to all that are responsible.  I was a loyal JI reader only. I thought I would test by prowess at written communication

here. I need to practice on my vocabulary.

Signed

Long term STH Giant Stadium.

Met Life ( no like, no go there no more)

Archived