Scot McCloughan for Pro Personnel/GM. Article

32EBoozer

Mistake by WAS, there's no way you can give him the GM spot yet.  He hasn't 

proven he has his drinking problem under control.  McCloughan probably used

the other teams interested in him as leverage

What do you mean he has not proved he has his drinking problem under control? How can anyone ever prove that? His family is ready for him to make the move, and that is enough proof for me. Your an alcoholic forever it is whether you choose to drink

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean he has not proved he has his drinking problem under control? How can anyone ever prove that? His family is ready for him to make the move, and that is enough proof for me. Your an alcoholic forever it is whether you choose to drink

I'm not going to get into a debate about substance recovery.  If you read the ESPN article about McCloughan

you would understand my concerns.  He's very flippant about his alcohol consumption

I'm not going to get into a debate about substance recovery.  If you read the ESPN article about McCloughan

you would understand my concerns.  He's very flippant about his alcohol consumption

He's in denial... just like Patman Denying that he's a closet Jet Fan and Brady Bum Buddy

Bad job by Casserly and Wolf, not to get this guy in sooner. Can only hope that he hasn't finalized anything with Redskins yet. The only reason now that I can see for not hiring him would be he didn't like Woody and his possible meddling.

@kevins980: I just talked with Scot McCloughan. Deal not done quite yet, seems like it's close. He met with Dan Snyder for 6 hrs today. @ESPNRadio980

@kevins980: Also said that if it happens, he would have control over player personnel. #Redskins @ESPNRadio980

Can only hope this is true... How with ties to Wolf this guy didn't get a serious look is beyond me.

Mistake by WAS, there's no way you can give him the GM spot yet.  He hasn't 

proven he has his drinking problem under control.  McCloughan probably used

the other teams interested in him as leverage

You are over-blowing the whole "has to have his drinking problem under control" thing. Like I said somewhere else, the fact that he did something about his drinking problem puts him miles ahead of where a lot of the function alcoholics who are likely holding jobs all over the NFL are. He has been working from home and running his own consulting business - have you ever run your own business? It's not exactly easy.  No matter where he goes the magnifying glass will be on his sobriety. It's actually good for him to be in a job where he has to be accountable to others, more incentive to stay sober.

Good for the Redskins. 

I also don't know how the Jets were suddenly getting McCloughan, Kirchner and Quinn either. Whatevs... 

So, the Redskins and Dolphins both got guys to take their GM jobs with highly questionable coaches in place.Guess all great NFL minds like Woody, Synder and Ross think alike?

One got a maybe still drinking former alcoholic

And the other got a guy who gave away draft picks for Tebow and blew the Jets cap to smithereens with mega deals to Sanchez, Holmes and about 3 other mehs.

I hope those two topnotch owners Snyder and Ross are happy with them

Glad Woody is looking elsewhere

One got a maybe still drinking former alcoholic

And the other got a guy who gave away draft picks for Tebow and blew the Jets cap to smithereens with mega deals to Sanchez, Holmes and about 3 other mehs.

I hope those two topnotch owners Snyder and Ross are happy with them

Glad Woody is looking elsewhere

So the guy is a drunk, as long as he picks good players, and doesn't hit on the females in the office who cares. Like I said if his family thinks he is ready, they are the best judges.

So the guy is a drunk, as long as he picks good players, and doesn't hit on the females in the office who cares. Like I said if his family thinks he is ready, they are the best judges.

From someone who has, and still is, dealing with addicted people, family usually are the biggest enablers to these folks.

From someone who has, and still is, dealing with addicted people, family usually are the biggest enablers to these folks.

As long as they move to a state where the wife gets 50% in the divorce... she's OK with that! Big pay day coming for her from Mr. Snyder.

If he drafts well he can hit on any intern or secretary he wants....that's pretty much the golden rule for NFL executives right?...if you're good at your job someone will sweep it under the rug for you!

Jets hire him "Why the hell did we hire a disgraced out of the league drunk!"

Jets Pass on him "Why did we not hire the greatest talent guy in NFL history!!!"

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Says a lot he is going to be hired by the Redskins tbqh.

Whatever faults you think the Jets posess as an organization, the Racistskins posess them to a far greater degree.

Archived