John Fox Broncos part ways

Jetlife33

Uh, I mentioned him in the same sentence as HOFers because we are debating his merit as a Hall of Famer.

Is your argument really that only HOFers get the stacked box treatment? If so, do you want to join me on the road trip for Shonn Greene's induction?

I would, but the actual argument was the expectation of maintaining the minimum threshold of effectiveness which Shonn Greene certainly is not. Wasnt that what YOU said like 5 seconds ago? lol. I would say "follow me", but you can't seem to even follow yourself. This is why you didnt mention greene when you mentioned OJ because you knew the damn difference. Stop being such a troll lol. 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"If not for Vanderjagt, if not for Peyton Manning, if not for the Colts defense giving up 3 scores against brady, if not for this, if not for that"

I just want you to see what you've been saying.

So, let's give the head coach credit for his team not even showing up in the first half of the 2006 AFC CG. And while we're doing ASININE things like that, let's give Jerome Bettis credit for playing a role on the Steelers 05 SB team, even though his fumble on the GL when they had Dungy's Colts dead to rights should have gotten them eliminated.

Do you see what you're defending now? I bet it's easier to watch football when you only see things in black and white.

I would, but the actual argument was the expectation of maintaining the minimum threshold of effectiveness which Shonn Greene certainly is not. Wasnt that what YOU said like 5 seconds ago? lol. I would say "follow me", but you can't seem to even follow yourself. This is why you didnt mention greene when you mentioned OJ because you knew the damn difference. Stop being such a troll lol.

The minimum threshold of effectiveness is widely considered to be four yards per carry.

I believe you are the confused one.

So, let's give the head coach credit for his team not even showing up in the first half of the 2006 AFC CG. And while we're doing ASININE things like that, let's give Jerome Bettis credit for playing a role on the Steelers 05 SB team, even though his fumble on the GL when they had Dungy's Colts dead to rights should have gotten them eliminated.

Do you see what you're defending now? I bet it's easier to watch football when you only see things in black and white.

I do see what I'm defending. Im defending a body of work while you try to discredit a body of work by a single moment. This is why these guys are going to the HOF and you seem not to understand why. Its just over your head because you're too stuck on things that dont matter because ultimately Dungy won that SB and so did Bettis. 

I do see what I'm defending. Im defending a body of work while you try to discredit a body of work by a single moment. This is why these guys are going to the HOF and you seem not to understand why. Its just over your head because you're too stuck on things that dont matter because ultimately Dungy won that SB and so did Bettis.

Bettis' body of work is that of longevity and below average RB play.

Dungy's is helping rebuild a TB team that got better as soon as he left and then being a figurehead on Peyton Manning's team.

I guess I have higher standards for the HOF.

Tiki has a better case than Bettis does.

Tiki should have been in years ago. Its the hate on him thats keeping him out because its certainly not his stats. He does have a better case statistically than Jerome. The only thing that hurts him is his drama, and the fact that he threw Manning under the bus when he retired then had to eat his words at the end of the season when Manning was lifting a SB trophy no thanks to Tiki. 

Tiki was really great to watch though when he wasnt fumbling the ball. I never liked watching the Giants in the reg season, but I always liked Barber. 

Bettis' body of work is that of longevity and below average RB play.

Dungy's is helping rebuild a TB team that got better as soon as he left and then being a figurehead on Peyton Manning's team.

I guess I have higher standards for the HOF.

over 15,000 yards from scrimmage and 95 touchdowns in 13 years is only considered below average RB play by you and the 1 person who rep'd your ridiculous quote.

Dungy in 208 games has 139 wins in 13 years with 9 playoff wins and a Superbowl to boot. Your trolling means nothing against the facts. You have higher standards? Build your own shrine, make your own jacket and see who will be interested. Maybe Jon Gruden will want to be your first inductee given that he'll never see the HOF. lol. 

over 15,000 yards from scrimmage and 95 touchdowns in 13 years only considered below average RB play to you and 1 person who rep'd this quote.

Dungy in 208 games has 139 wins in 13 years with 9 playoff wins and a Superbowl to boot. Your trolling means nothing against the facts. You have higher standards? Build your own shrine, make your own jacket and see who will be interested. Maybe Jon Gruden will want to be your first inductee given hat he'll never see the HOF. lol.

3.9 yards per carry is below average. I really don't care what numbers he compiled over 13 years if he wasn't that effective doing it. Using this logic, I assume Vinny would get your HOF vote, yes?

This is a Jets message board and we are discussing a Colt and a Steeler. How exactly am I trolling? This isn't ColtsNation and I'm not TitansFanTX. John Fox just put up a pretty winning percentage riding on Peyton's coattails, too. Jim Caldwell's was even better than Lord Dungy's, if you can believe such balderdash. Too bad those guys couldn't have got to coach Peyton as long as Dungy did, or they'd be HOFers, too. He did a good job in Tampa, though. But, Gruden did a better one. He's not a HOFer, either, btw. You'd be telling me he is one if he had Manning, though.

3.9 yards per carry is below average. I really don't care what numbers he compiled over 13 years if he wasn't that effective doing it. Using this logic, I assume Vinny would get your HOF vote, yes?

This is a Jets message board and we are discussing a Colt and a Steeler. How exactly am I trolling? This isn't ColtsNation and I'm not TitansFanTX. John Fox just put up a pretty winning percentage riding on Peyton's coattails, too. Jim Caldwell's was even better than Lord Dungy's, if you can believe such balderdash. Too bad those guys couldn't have got to coach Peyton as long as Dungy did, or they'd be HOFers, too. He did a good job in Tampa, though. But, Gruden did a better one. He's not a HOFer, either, btw. You'd be telling me he is one if he had Manning, though.

You're really hanging on to that 0.1 huh? Thats pathetic. This isn't math class. Get off it, Bettis a HOF because of what he did on the field, and not what numbers we look at on the internet, and so is Dungy with Peyton as his QB. 

You need to make that Jacket for Gruden though! 

You're really hanging on to that 0.1 huh? Thats pathetic. This isn't math class. Get off it, Bettis a HOF because of what he did on the field, and not what numbers we look at on the internet, and so is Dungy with Peyton as his QB.

You need to make that Jacket for Gruden though!

Well, now you've just lost your mind. Your whole argument for Bettis is "These were his numbers". I guess yards per carry numbers are only available on the internet, while his rushing yards and TDs are printed on every street corner.

Well, now you've just lost your mind. Your whole argument for Bettis is "These were his numbers". I guess yards per carry numbers are only available on the internet, while his rushing yards and TDs are printed on every street corner.

My argument as I stated earlier is his body of work. You're hanging your argument that he isn't HOF material on a tenth of a percent because of what is "widely accepted". Truth be told, Bettis was widely considered a future HOF'er after his 10th season when he was over 4.0 ypc. His last 3 seasons added to his overall stats but declined his ypc average. You dont talk about that though because you're trying to pervert the stats when you know the guy was a beast on the field. 

My argument as I stated earlier is his body of work. You're hanging your argument that he isn't HOF material on a tenth of a percent because of what is "widely accepted". Truth be told, Bettis was widely considered a future HOF'er after his 10th season when he was over 4.0 ypc. His last 3 seasons added to his overall stats but declined his ypc average. You dont talk about that though because you're trying to pervert the stats when you know the guy was a beast on the field.

It's not a tenth of a percent. 4.0 is the minimum threshold for acceptable RB play. That doesn't mean it's good. By definition, 4 yards per carry would be average. Average shouldn't get in the HOF, either. And I'm sure there are a few people in the HOF that are right there. Csonka comes to mind. Based on his numbers, I wouldn't have put him in either, but 1) he played before my time, unlike Bettis, so I can't speak on him definitively, and 2) he was a MAJOR FACTOR, again, unlike Bettis, on multiple SB winners. Riggins is the same thing. But the game was different, then.

I watched Bettis' entire career. He was a beast as a rookie and right after he got to Pittsburgh, and well, that's about it. He was not a top ten back of the 90's or of the 2000's. And he should not be a HOFer. But, he will be, because the media likes him and he has the same Pittsburgh bias that got Lynn Swann in and anointed Pouncey as the next HOF C before he even played a snap.

It's not a tenth of a percent. 4.0 is the minimum threshold for acceptable RB play. That doesn't mean it's good. By definition, 4 yards per carry would be average. Average shouldn't get in the HOF, either. And I'm sure there are a few people in the HOF that are right there. Csonka comes to mind. Based on his numbers, I wouldn't have put him in either, but 1) he played before my time, unlike Bettis, so I can't speak on him definitively, and 2) he was a MAJOR FACTOR, again, unlike Bettis, on multiple SB winners. Riggins is the same thing. But the game was different, then.

I watched Bettis' entire career. He was a beast as a rookie and right after he got to Pittsburgh, and well, that's about it. He was not a top ten back of the 90's or of the 2000's. And he should not be a HOFer. But, he will be, because the media likes him and he has the same Pittsburgh bias that got Lynn Swann in and announced Pouncey as the next HOF C before he even played a snap.

TL:DR

He's a hall of Famer, as well as Dungy. We'll have this type of conversation if Gruden ever gets a nomination because they're actually legit reasons why this guy shouldn't be in the Hall. When it comes to players and coaches who have been there and done that then there's simply no need for me to continue to waste my time when the NFL agrees with me. Good convo, but I'm now going to watch the Jets future Wideout Devin Smith win the national championship. 

TL:DR

He's a hall of Famer, as well as Dungy. We'll have this type of conversation if Gruden ever gets a nomination because they're actually legit reasons why this guy shouldn't be in the Hall. When it comes to players and coaches who have been there and done that then there's simply no need for me to continue to waste my time when the NFL agrees with me. Good convo, but I'm now going to watch the Jets future Wideout Devin Smith win the national championship.

I already said Gruden is not a HOFer. Being better than Dungy doesn't automatically make someone a HOFer. ;)

Archived