John Fox Broncos part ways

Jetlife33

if the Jets had an under the table deal in place with Dan Quinn they wouldn't be requesting an interview with Sean McDermott or a second interview with Todd Bowles.

Right. Because no one in the NFL has ever screwed over anyone else. 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would have more credibility if Peyton didn't firmly establish his choker rep WHILE PLAYING FOR DUNGY. How many of those one and dones came with the great Dungy on the sideline?

You know what's funny? Both franchises he coached IMMEDIATELY went to the Super Bowl the year after Dungy left. I wonder if they'll put that tidbit on Tony's HOF plaque.

Really? Peyton Manning had that rep before Dungy even got there. Peyton Manning has always been who he is. Jim Mora was the coach before Dungy for 4 years, missed the playoffs twice and the other two times he was 1 and done in the playoffs. Dungy came in, he had 1 and done years, as well as Jim Caldwell...right after that Super Bowl run that they IMMMEDIATELY lost. Atleast Gruden had the opportunity to know the entire Raiders team that he went up against before he proceeded to destroy that Tampa team from the inside afterward. 

And yes I do know whats funny, Tony Dungy is going to Canton as a coach, and you and some others around here are salty about it. 

Really? Peyton Manning had that rep before Dungy even got there. Peyton Manning has always been who he is. Jim Mora was the coach before Dungy for 4 years, missed the playoffs twice and the other two times he was 1 and done in the playoffs. Dungy came in, he had 1 and done years, as well as Jim Caldwell...right after that Super Bowl run that they IMMMEDIATELY lost. Atleast Gruden had the opportunity to know the entire Raiders team that he went up against before he proceeded to destroy that Tampa team from the inside afterward.

And yes I do know whats funny, Tony Dungy is going to Canton as a coach, and you and some others around here are salty about it.

Yep, I am salty about it. Just like I'm salty that Jerome Bettis is going to Canton and that Vince Young is a two time Pro Bowl former Rookie of the Year.

Few things in sports piss me off more than when mediocre players and coaches get far more credit than they deserve.

Yep, I am salty about it. Just like I'm salty that Jerome Bettis is going to Canton and that Vince Young is a two time Pro Bowl former Rookie of the Year.

Few things in sports piss me off more than when mediocre players and coaches get far more credit than they deserve.

I dont think Bettis makes it.

Yikes. They're not giving it to Gase, either. Told all the assistants that they're free to go.

Because Gase was never really the offensive coordinator.  It looks like they're blowing it up and having the guy who got coffee for morning heading the rebuild project isn't exactly the smartest move.

He will. Too beloved by the media to not get in eventually, and with the rise of RBBCs, his supporters will be able to throw out his place on the all-time rushing list for the foreseeable future.

I think Terrell Davis has more of case than he does...and I don't think he deserves it either. Tim Brown I think will get more votes than Bettis too...and he isnt a HOF'er either imo.

I think Terrell Davis has more of case than he does...and I don't think he deserves it either. Tim Brown I think will get more votes than Bettis too...and he isnt a HOF'er either imo.

I agree about Davis, but what you have to remember about sportswriters is that they're f*cking morons. I'd actually let Davis in, though. That precedent was set with Sayers.

Bettis was a beast and deserves Canton. I'll agree with you 100% with Vince Young, but we both know that the pro bowl hasn't been credible since the 90's. 

I agree about Davis, but what you have to remember about sportswriters is that they're f*cking morons. I'd actually let Davis in, though. That precedent was set with Sayers.

Yeah I'd probably like to see TD in too. His stretch of dominance was ridiculous....especially when you take into account the two playoff runs.

Bettis was a beast and deserves Canton. I'll agree with you 100% with Vince Young, but we both know that the pro bowl hasn't been credible since the 90's.

Bettis did not even average 4 YPC for his career. That is pathetic. He was a fatass, not a beast.

Manning couldn't win with all the talent on Denver and you guys want him here??

Fixed

It was not Fox throwing up Ducks the end of last year and most of this year was it ? Manning can't make the tough throws anymore like he used too once teams got used to defending the 5 yard pass the Broncos did not fair very well in the playoffs vs real defenses

Bettis did not even average 4 YPC for his career. That is pathetic. He was a fatass, not a beast.

The YPC number is below 4 because Bettis was a goal-line back at the end of his career averaging 3.3 per rep.  He had a few years in his career where he ypc was in the high 4's.

Then there's also the fact that defenses used to always stack 8 in the box against Bettis.  Kinda had to happen when scrubs like Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox were your quarterbacks.

The YPC number is below 4 because Bettis was a goal-line back at the end of his career averaging 3.3 per rep. He had a few years in his career where he ypc was in the high 4's.

Then there's also the fact that defenses used to always stack 8 in the box against Bettis. Kinda had to happen when scrubs like Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox were your quarterbacks.

Four times in 13 years, he averaged over 4 yards per carry.

Good point about the stacked boxes, because it's not like OJ Simpson or Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders or any other HOF RB had to deal with such atrocities and still be expected to average the minimum threshold for effectiveness.

Good point about the stacked boxes, because it's not like OJ Simpson or Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders or any other HOF RB had to deal with such atrocities and still be expected to average the minimum threshold for effectiveness.

No one ever said he was better than those guys.  But the fact remains Bettis is 6th all time in rushing and has a ring on a team that he was a contributor on.  I know you develop a chub for the guy but he is absolutely making the hall of fame and deservedly so and I don't even like the Steelers.

No one ever said he was better than those guys. But the fact remains Bettis is 6th all time in rushing and has a ring on a team that he was a contributor on. I know you develop a chub for the guy but he is absolutely making the hall of fame and deservedly so and I don't even like the Steelers.

Lol, if not for Mike Vanderjagt catching the yips at the worst possible time, Bettis would have single handedly cost the team that ring.

And you don't make a great case for his HOF candidacy with "No one said he was good as other HOF RBs".

Noticed how you mentioned Bettis and other HOF backs in the same sentence. There's a reason for that bro. You did it yet dont even see it. If he wasnt worth stacking 8 in the box then they wouldnt have done it. You only do that with backs like the ones mentioned above, and he still averaged 1000 yards per season in his career. Dude's a hall of famed and your point with Bettis is actually as bad as your point with Dungy. 

Lol, if not for Mike Vanderjagt catching the yips at the worst possible time, Bettis would have single handedly cost the team that ring.

And you don't make a great case for his HOF candidacy with "No one said he was good as other HOF RBs".

"If not for Vanderjagt, if not for Peyton Manning, if not for the Colts defense giving up 3 scores against brady, if not for this, if not for that"

I just want you to see what you've been saying. 

Noticed how you mentioned Bettis and other HOF backs in the same sentence. There's a reason for that bro. You did it yet dont even see it. If he wasnt worth stacking 8 in the box then they wouldnt have done it. You only do that with backs like the ones mentioned above, and he still averaged 1000 yards per season in his career. Dude's a hall of famed and your point with Bettis is actually as bad as your point with Dungy.

Uh, I mentioned him in the same sentence as HOFers because we are debating his merit as a Hall of Famer.

Is your argument really that only HOFers get the stacked box treatment? If so, do you want to join me on the road trip for Shonn Greene's induction?

Archived