• Bill Parcells
    • Al Groh
    • Herm Edwatds
    • Eric Mangini
    • Rex Ryan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya agree, why I did Poll, we dont have a lot :( Michaels had potential but rumor was booze did him in.. Carroll wasnt ready yet in maybe same way belly wasnt in Browns?

Lol Walt michaels lost his mind at halftime of the Raiders playoff game :rl: random phone call to the locker room " I'll choke you al davis" and then the NFL films with the ricochet sound and the wind blowing his hat off.

The guys who left Walt Michaels off this list are the ones too young to remember how bad they actually were in 1977. Three straight 3-11 records and a team devoid of talent was built back up by Jim Kensil, Walt Michaels and Mike Hickey. The list of draftees they selected makes every administration since pale in comparison. Starting with Marvin Powell, Freeman McNeil, Joe Fields, Joe Klecko, Mark Gastineau, Marty Lyons, Greg Buttle, Mickey Shuler and the list goes on. No other administration has drafted nearly as well and I could have killed Leon Hess for firing Michaels. That was his BIGGEST mistake and the Jets have never recovered, having hired losers every step of the way since except for Parcells who I don't forgive for bailing out on us when Woody Johnson took over. Walt MICHAELS is NUMBER ONE.

The guys who left Walt Michaels off this list are the ones too young to remember how bad they actually were in 1977. Three straight 3-11 records and a team devoid of talent was built back up by Jim Kensil, Walt Michaels and Mike Hickey. The list of draftees they selected makes every administration since pale in comparison. Starting with Marvin Powell, Freeman McNeil, Joe Fields, Joe Klecko, Mark Gastineau, Marty Lyons, Greg Buttle, Mickey Shuler and the list goes on. No other administration has drafted nearly as well and I could have killed Leon Hess for firing Michaels. That was his BIGGEST mistake and the Jets have never recovered, having hired losers every step of the way since except for Parcells who I don't forgive for bailing out on us when Woody Johnson took over. Walt MICHAELS is NUMBER ONE.

He was a drunk, that's why he was fired. In 77-78 the Jets would rush 3 klecko pillers and salaam and would never blitz. They drafted Lyons and gastineau in 79 and switched to a 4-3 so Walt did learn from his mistakes. And he brought in Walton as oc in 81 and that was a good move also. He was just a drunk and a loose cannon after the mud bowl in Miami

Sorry guys, but Rex Ryan doesn't even make the list as far as I am concerned. Michaels is my number one followed by Parcells, Weeb and no one else. Rex absolutely sucked a$$ as a HC. Coslet was halfway decent, but was undermined by a GM who didn't make the move for a QB named Brett Favre. I liked Pete Carroll as well, but the team quit on him after the fake spike. Joe Walton was as big a joke as Rex as was Kotite who is the bottom of the barrel. Hated Rex almost from day one. He won with Mangini's team and after he put his 'stamp' on the team in 2011 it was all downhill. Eric Mangini I would rate as number four with Herm as number five. Three playoffs in five years is the best we have had.

He was a drunk, that's why he was fired. In 77-78 the Jets would rush 3 klecko pillers and salaam and would never blitz. They drafted Lyons and gastineau in 79 and switched to a 4-3 so Walt did learn from his mistakes. And he brought in Walton as oc in 81 and that was a good move also. He was just a drunk and a loose cannon after the mud bowl in Miami

So? The question was best HC's not who has the best character. The man drank because he was in pain from life in the NFL as a LB. The Jets should have helped him NOT blackballed him. I am sure there are a lot of drinkers in the NFL not to mention pill poppers. Say what you just said to Joe Klecko,  or Marty Lyons and they will rip your freakin head off. To this day they LOVE THAT MAN.

I understand Weeb gets first because of the Bowl but he had just 2 winning seasons in 11 years as the Jets HC.. He had 2 HOF QB's Johnny U and Broadway Joe.. His career record was 130-129 and 7 ties.. 

OK..so you show you understand.  Another couple of years when REX has the Bills in the basement, you'll be fully in the mix. :winking0001:

So? The question was best HC's not who has the best character. The man drank because he was in pain from life in the NFL as a LB. The Jets should have helped him NOT blackballed him. I am sure there are a lot of drinkers in the NFL not to mention pill poppers. Say what you just said to Joe Klecko, or Marty Lyons and they will rip your freakin head off. To this day they LOVE THAT MAN.

That was the Jets reason at the time lol I didn't fire him. They did. Calm down there dude! And klecko and Lyons loved the guy that fired him, Leon Hess.

I'm preparing myself to hear why multiple Snoopy trophies and AFCC game losses >>>> one Lombardi trophy.

Weeb had just two winning seasons as HC and ran off a lot of top players as GM. Verlon Biggs left as did Johnny Sample and Randy Beverly because of Weeb's under paying ways as GM. He tore the SB team down with his penny pinching and I blame him for that MORE than winning the SB.

That was the Jets reason at the time lol I didn't fire him. They did. Calm down there dude! And klecko and Lyons loved the guy that fired him, Leon Hess.

I don't care about the reason he was fired, I am just pointing out that the players loved Walt and he brought more out of them than anyone else. Also, the team drafted so well in his years is undeniable as I listed. As I said the question was who was best HC and IMO it was Walt Michaels BY FAR.

Sorry guys, but Rex Ryan doesn't even make the list as far as I am concerned. Michaels is my number one followed by Parcells, Weeb and no one else. Rex absolutely sucked a$$ as a HC. Coslet was halfway decent, but was undermined by a GM who didn't make the move for a QB named Brett Favre. I liked Pete Carroll as well, but the team quit on him after the fake spike. Joe Walton was as big a joke as Rex as was Kotite who is the bottom of the barrel. Hated Rex almost from day one. He won with Mangini's team and after he put his 'stamp' on the team in 2011 it was all downhill. Eric Mangini I would rate as number four with Herm as number five. Three playoffs in five years is the best we have had.

Mangini could not even make the playoff with Favre at QB.  LOL

How comical can it get with the Rexyhaters in this forum.   :bwahaharoll: 

Weeb had just two winning seasons as HC and ran off a lot of top players as GM. Verlon Biggs left as did Johnny Sample and Randy Beverly because of Weeb's under paying ways as GM. He tore the SB team down with his penny pinching and I blame him for that MORE than winning the SB.

Sample retired after the Bowl..His first season was with Weeb and Colts in the 1958 NFL Championship season and his last was Supe III.. Great way to start and a great way to end a career.. Your right about Weeb being cheap though..

Mangini could not even make the playoff with Favre at QB.  LOL

How comical can it get with the Rexyhaters in this forum.   :bwahaharoll: 

Favre had the Jets in the hunt at 8-3 until he got hurt against the Raiders. Maybe I put Mangini too high, but considering the group of losers the Jets have hired in their inglorious history that is debatable. You can put me at the TOP of the Rex haters list, and it is a Mount Everest list.

Favre had the Jets in the hunt at 8-3 until he got hurt against the Raiders. Maybe I put Mangini too high, but considering the group of losers the Jets have hired in their inglorious history that is debatable. You can put me at the TOP of the Rex haters list, and it is a Mount Everest list.

It must kill you as bad as Rex is IYO that he's the only one with 4 playoff wins in a long list of bad HC's..

LOL And Sanchez had 12 TD and 20 INT in his rookie year when he made it to the AFCC.  I take an injured Favre and his 25 TD over Sanchez any second.  If Rex had an injured Favre, his team would have been the number one seed in the AFC. 

LOL And Sanchez had 12 TD and 20 INT in his rookie year when he made it to the AFCC.  I take an injured Favre and his 25 TD over Sanchez any second.  If Rex had an injured Favre, his team would have been the number one seed in the AFC. 

Favre declined Rex's overtures to return to the Jets, so Rex hand-picked Sanchez.

So, here on the reality train, when we consider the legendary if/then career of Rex Ryan, we also consider the FACT that Sanchez was here by Rex's choice. 

Hypotheticals are a crutch for the delusional. Delusion is a symptom of psychosis.

Here's why you can never win a Rex argument even if you have a point.. Rex was a boisterous blow hard even though he did have some loveable qualities.. You can't get up at the podium and say your going to the bowl and not produce especially in NY..When fans get the taste of blood(Like the first 2 years) and you fail them they will hate you or at least most of them will.. To add to that instead of going from bad to better he went from better to bad.. Rex's biggest problem is Rex himself and unless he has a epiphany and changes his ways as a flawed HC he will fail.. In 2 years time TV may start to look awful good to Rex..

Archived