Lol. Doug Marrone hired as Jags' Asst. HC / OLine Coach

nj meadowlands

I got that; whether it is a real title or not it is part of his title and as another poster wrote, if the Oline improves his stock goes up. He is probably next in line to be HC there, if Bradley Fs up; he gets his $5 million from the Bills plus his OL Coach salary and is now in Jacksonville instead of Buffalo. All things considered it could have been worse. 

Not everyone's goal in life is to get paid to do nothing. Some people enjoy maximizing their abilities. 

Marrone's top choice, I'm sure, was to land another HC gig. There is no guarantee that door will ever open up again for him. That $4M is for one year. A new HC job is for multiple years. 

Not everyone's goal in life is to get paid to do nothing. Some people enjoy maximizing their abilities. 

Marrone's top choice, I'm sure, was to land another HC gig. There is no guarantee that door will ever open up again for him. That $4M is for one year. A new HC job is for multiple years. 

yup, and on team with most likely to be fired HC mid season if they stink,, he could get interim tag

yup, and on team with most likely to be fired HC mid season if they stink,, he could get interim tag

I'll go out on a limb and say he won't get the HC job. He basically screwed the Bills out of his salary. Who would want a guy like that for a HC? I suspect that is the real reason he wasn't hired anywhere as a HC, despite all the openings.

I'll go out on a limb and say he won't get the HC job. He basically screwed the Bills out of his salary. Who would want a guy like that for a HC? I suspect that is the real reason he wasn't hired anywhere as a HC, despite all the openings.

Wouldn't surprise me, and it's not unjustified.

You give the guy a HC job, and after the 2nd season he quits on you and then interviews with a division rival days later. They don't hire him but he's still collecting $4M after quitting. 

Another team sees this and they have to be thinking, "Um, maybe we shouldn't touch this one just yet."

Hats off to his agent for getting that language in there somehow. I mean how is that even possible that he can quit and the team still has to pay his multi-million dollar salary for the upcoming season? Their GM followed that move up by giving Ryan a guaranteed $27.5M deal for a half a decade: contract numbers I doubt any other team was approaching after a humiliating season that resulted in his getting fired.

but we are neck deep in a tampering investigation with the Patriots. Woody isn't trained for media talk.. he was like a kid saying things he didnt know not to say.

but if he quit the bills because casserly spoke to his agent directly that is a whole new ballgame.  doofus quotes in the paper are one thing.  talking to his agent about employing him are a big deal

Yeah I am sure he is, - I am sure he much rather do this than get 8 mill over the next two years that he was under contract for. he may never get a chance at being a NFL head coach. He is not Parcells who could afford to screw with an owner knowing he would always be in demand. It would not surprise me at all to think that some owners would not give him a shot after treating Pegula like that.

This. Sure he's laughing to the bank now. What about in 5 years? What if he never gets a HC job again? Short term thinking. Also, the "increase his stock" talk is laughable. So, he walks away from a HC job to be an OL coach so he can improve his stock to get an HC job? Makes no sense.

guy is a loser says his record- everywhere he has been+ with no postseason wins-thrilled he did not go to jets-was in the anybody but him camp-he left bills like a scumbag-like Fred Jackson said-hard to swallow when guy talks loyalty and family then walks out without telling the players-his cheerleaders were pumping him up as a guy that should not be passed on but yet every team passed on him not just as their head coach but as a coordinator as well

Rex is a tool too. Just wait until it's 3rd and 7, the D put themselves in a good position to get the Offense back on the field and then.. BAM! Blown coverage, 54 yard Touchdown. Or when it's 1st and goal and the Bills D have their opponent backed up to the 2 yard line and the D is in position to make a play or aggressively go after the safety and then.. BAM! 98 yard touch down run endzone to endzone. Or when his dry as dirt offense finally musters together a drive good enough to get them in the redzone.. then BAM! Interception for six. I don't know why.. but Buffalo fans REALLY think they have made a significantly positive change. Rex has went 8-8,6-10,8-8 and then 4-12 the last four seasons. You guys went 9-7 this year.... LOGIC.

That is a lot of penalties to have a goal to go situation from 98 yards away. Are you sure Rex isn't coaching the team on offense?

Archived