MacCagnan interview

Integrity28

The Daily News' Manish Mehta reported Tuesday that the Jets want to hire Bears' Rex Hogan as director of college scouting (Mehta, Jan. 20).

Hogan, 42, has been a college scout for the Bears since 2003. He was promoted to national scout two years ago.

Hogan, who was a punter at Austin Peay (Tenn.), worked with Notre Dame's football recruiting and operations from 2000-03 after three years as an auditor at Ford Motor Company. He was the director of football operations for the University of Utah in 2003 under coach Urban Meyer before leaving for the Bears.

He gives off the vibe of someone who knows what the hell he's doing. I like that obviously.

In the Bowles interview he said at the end that there's nothing he can say to the fans that will make them happy. He has to go out and perform.  The talkin is done man. That's good news.

You noticed that as well.

I never had a problem with anybody talking (i.e. Rex) but if you run off at the mouth (I'm an Ali fan) you had better perform.... Period

Guys who run their mouth and then say I didn't get it done because of X,Y and Z sound foolish. And the folks who make excuses for them sound even dumber...

As Bowles said it's results, period.

He said he would "like to" pursue BPA.  In an ideal situation, so to speak. He sounds like a realist.

BPA IF they can get what they need via FA

Yeah, that's what I meant by "scenario". Sorry, should have worded it more clearly I guess.

I like that he looks like he just crawled out of a film room. Either that or he's a hardcore alcoholic. Or both.

Btw, who's Eric Allen's stylist? And how many people owned that sportcoat before he got his hands on it?

Looks like off the rack at Khol's...$69.00...real down to earth kind of guy.

You noticed that as well.

I never had a problem with anybody talking (i.e. Rex) but if you run off at the mouth (I'm an Ali fan) you had better perform.... Period

Guys who run their mouth and then say I didn't get it done because of X,Y and Z sound foolish. And the folks who make excuses for them sound even dumber...

As Bowles said it's results, period.

Agreed

The Daily News' Manish Mehta reported Tuesday that the Jets want to hire Bears' Rex Hogan as director of college scouting (Mehta, Jan. 20).

Hogan, 42, has been a college scout for the Bears since 2003. He was promoted to national scout two years ago.

Hogan, who was a punter at Austin Peay (Tenn.), worked with Notre Dame's football recruiting and operations from 2000-03 after three years as an auditor at Ford Motor Company. He was the director of football operations for the University of Utah in 2003 under coach Urban Meyer before leaving for the Bears.

I don't think I really want a punter as director of scouting.  

I don't think I really want a punter as director of scouting.  

I'd much rather have a punter than some of the total dough heads in the media that were great all time players.  I could care less if a guy who is a scout even played the game in college.

I'd much rather have a punter than some of the total dough heads in the media that were great all time players.  I could care less if a guy who is a scout even played the game in college.

Yeah, but a punter..........!  I would rather have a garage mechanic.

Archived