Super Bowl Menu

JoeC36

Mrs Crusher is getting ready to go shopping. I know she mentioned those Eastern Shore Wings Crushlove loves and those sexy bacon wrapped scallops she makes. Beyond that I will have to wait until she gets back. Almost like Christmas.

Bacon wrapped scallops yum. I've had them. I think even you would taste good wrapped in bacon.

I forgot sausage and peppers too!! And fresh rolls to make sammiches with

I love sausages and peppers.  When I was a kid we would go to the Italian feast and my brothers would run for the ride tickets.  I would walk slowly with my Dad to go get the sausage and peppers, then the pizza frit'.  

I agree with this. We've got a couple of high-end bars here in Boston that serve a surplus of craft and rare beer. Every thing they serve has a specific pour. It's nice, because it's off-putting to the people that don't know how to handle that type of beer. They go find a dive bar, or a hotel bar, drink the way they want... and we get to enjoy quality.

New England has some really great ones too. I had a buddy bring me some Heady Topper as a gift last year. ******* phenomenal. Totally lived up to the hype.

Home made wings are tough, unless you have a deep fryer. I refuse to use a fryer in my house. The best way to do wings at home (that I've embraced) is to forget what bar wings taste like altogether... thaw your wings, dry rub them, and either smoke them or grill them on low heat. Let moisture that makes a lot of home made wings "slimey" cook out of them. Then when they are done, or close to done, toss them in some sort of sauce. 

cool txs.  yeah the oil smell thing was the main problem.  1st batch sucked, 2nd batch was better, just not worth it in the end

New England has some really great ones too. I had a buddy bring me some Heady Topper as a gift last year. ******* phenomenal. Totally lived up to the hype.

Heady Topper is excellent. I've got a new client up in VT, and will be out that way in the coming weeks. I'm hoping to bring some home with me. I haven't had it in forever.

I am surrounded by excellent beer up here, that's for sure.

When I was out in the midwest, I grew fond of the Goose Island beers. I also like a lot of beers from Bell's, and Upland down by IU.

cool txs.  yeah the oil smell thing was the main problem.  1st batch sucked, 2nd batch was better, just not worth it in the end

One thing you could try is defrost your chicken, rinse it, and then dry it thoroughly with paper towels. I mean get as much water off as you can. Then dredge the wings in seasoning, maybe some flour, and in like a cast iron skillet pan fry the wings to crisp up the outside, then pop them in the oven to finish them. Toss them in sauce after that, they should maintain good crunch. This is a pretty labor intensive way to do it. 

Personally, I'd grill 'em on low heat. I do wings during the summer on direct heat to sear them, then move them to indirect heat to slow cook them and they come out excellent. 

Heady Topper is excellent. I've got a new client up in VT, and will be out that way in the coming weeks. I'm hoping to bring some home with me. I haven't had it in forever.

I am surrounded by excellent beer up here, that's for sure.

When I was out in the midwest, I grew fond of the Goose Island beers. I also like a lot of beers from Bell's, and Upland down by IU.

Goose Island has gone considerably down in quality since they went a little more national, excepting the BCBS releases. Founders has without a doubt replaced them as the brewery to beat. They've been on a huge roll the past couple years, very few misses. Three Floyds is probably going to take the top spot once they settle up on distribution issues.

Archived