2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• The big offensive blow, obviously, was McCann’s go-ahead home run in the sixth. It was his second of the year, snapping a stretch of 40 at-bats without one. “I’ve been feeling good all year,” McCann said. “Obviously the numbers aren’t showing it, but I’ve been seeing the ball good from Opening Day.”

Heathcott looks like he's the most major league ready outfielder down on the farm. He's finally healthy! For the first time in forever it seems, fingers crossed.

I don't see us calling up outfielder any time soon. Jones and Young don't have options so they aren't going anywhere anytime soon unless there is an injury. 

Petit just was recalled to AAA to make room for Whitley who's making the start tonight, my guess is he's sent back down tomorrow or a little later and Pirela is called up and he could really eat in Didi's playing time if he doesn't pick it up. Could also see him play some RF. 

I don't see us calling up outfielder any time soon. Jones and Young don't have options so they aren't going anywhere anytime soon unless there is an injury.

Petit just was recalled to AAA to make room for Whitley who's making the start tonight, my guess is he's sent back down tomorrow or a little later and Pirela is called up and he could really eat in Didi's playing time if he doesn't pick it up. Could also see him play some RF.

So excited to get Pirela back.

Before batting practice this afternoon, Didi Gregorius was on the field going through some drills at shortstop. His instructor: Alex Rodriguez.

“It’s just a veteran player looking to lend a helping hand in situations,” Girardi said. “Didi is still a young player. We know that there are going to be some things that he goes through that sometimes might be the first or second time. He’s not a seasoned veteran out there. Alex’s experience playing short and his experience playing here in New York can help Didi.”

We hear often that Rodriguez is a great teacher of the game. Players speak highly of the way Rodriguez talks hitting around the cage, and clubhouse interviews that get in-depth about the game can be legitimately insightful rather than cliche.

Archived